BUBBLE

• correct me if I'm wrong but what you're now telling me is young Mason Greenwood, a kid who has barely when graced the bench at old Trafford last season, is now trading at the equivalent of OVER £13 a SHARE *old money?

Of course I'm not an investor otherwise I wouldn't be so bitter but SERIOUSLY? ??

Up 40+p of a goal in a friggin friendly? ??

I'm concerned

• For full disclosure I'm of course drunk as a skunk on a Saturday night but still...this Greenwood rise has sobered me up!!!

• @ScouseSte Take it as a plus. People investing and if you have the right player/s, in right moment. High times.

• This is what I personally thought but you can’t fight these waves will only rise and rise , they are all like mini Beckham’s with the media , if you can’t grasp the price don’t look at it however in my view these players are only going up with goals and assists. A preseason goal did that imagine a pl or Europa leauge goal.

• @ScouseSte said in BUBBLE:

correct me if I'm wrong but what you're now telling me is young Mason Greenwood, a kid who has barely when graced the bench at old Trafford last season, is now trading at the equivalent of OVER £13 a SHARE *old money?

Of course I'm not an investor otherwise I wouldn't be so bitter but SERIOUSLY? ??

Up 40+p of a goal in a friggin friendly? ??

I'm concerned

I would agree but...1,100mb points yesterday.

These kids are earning dividends so may actually have some value unlike many many others.

• I am not disputing it fellas, like I said I'm a little drunk and cranky but up 50p FFS???

I'm just venting that I never got involved. Ignore me.

I'm human.

• Banned

seems to be the trend now prices go up on young talent who wont hardly get a game nxt year its for quick buck...watch the sevilla pool game 11pm tomorrow and i bet if brewster scores he will rise like shit again..gotta be in it to win it

• On holiday atm and their friendly vs inter was on the hotel tv. Having watched it I’m tempted to jump on - he really showed signs of having it. Particularly enjoyed his clip finish onto the crossbar - touch of class

https://youtu.be/Z9jMztv70rA

• @ScouseSte you may have been drunk, but I think you're right, theres definitely a bubble, and what happens to all bubbles - they burst! No idea when, but let's hope theres a soft landing.....

• I agree, to be one of the most expensive players on the game defies a lot of logic. But next time there is a young hyped up kid I'm just gonna take the plunge. Whether I agree or not with it, that's what people are chucking their money at so just gonna learn from it

• At some point, some of the youth prospects currently being bought up merrily will fail and prices will tumble accordingly. Football Index (unless someone can correct me with an example) is too young to have experienced a Francis Jeffers, James Wilson, Cherno Samba i.e. a young player who is massively hyped and then goes on to meet none of that initial hype. When this starts happening I think we'll see more reality coming into the purchase of youth players.

Not every young player currently being snapped up will meet the grade. Some will end up being worth 30p but I'm sure it'll be fun trying to get the right ones for those that choose to do so! If you sell up at the right time and don't hold on too long, there will be lots of money to make! People buying at the peak will lose out big time.

• @Alpilgrim Don't believe at any point there will be a big tumble - failing isn't something that happens in an instant moment and everyone jumps off. Plenty will fail but the price decline will always be gradual as people will look at their age and give them a second chance. There will be plenty of opportunities to get out when/if the warning signs are there.

• I would imagine the ‘bubble’ for most of these players if it is a bubble will take a long time to burst. Probably 2 seasons for the big bubbles. If they have one season that doesn’t meet expectations everyone will put it down as just one bad season but 2 on the trot would likely kill all hype. But however they arent all bubbles all we saw at the start of last season was talk of sanchos bubble and how it would burst and that started all the way back when he was about £2.50 in old money hes now over £15 and holding steady.

Greenwood, Brewster and maybe Nketiah( i prefer Willock😉) All show high levels of talent though so if their bubble does burst they wont fall far

• @Alpilgrim said in BUBBLE:

At some point, some of the youth prospects currently being bought up merrily will fail and prices will tumble accordingly. Football Index (unless someone can correct me with an example) is too young to have experienced a Francis Jeffers, James Wilson, Cherno Samba i.e. a young player who is massively hyped and then goes on to meet none of that initial hype. When this starts happening I think we'll see more reality coming into the purchase of youth players.

Not every young player currently being snapped up will meet the grade. Some will end up being worth 30p but I'm sure it'll be fun trying to get the right ones for those that choose to do so! If you sell up at the right time and don't hold on too long, there will be lots of money to make! People buying at the peak will lose out big time.

Although I would've agreed with this a few weeks ago, the real difference maker is these youngsters have shown their ability to win MB. Yes, they might turn out to be a Francis Jeffers, but then they could be the next Michael Owen. We don't actually know at the moment, but what we do know is, at the moment, they're returning dividends so it is logical that they are good holds for the immediate and at least medium term.

• Even though he's only 17 I feel like I've missed the boat on this kid - £4.50odd per share? That's the same price as Eden Hazard and near the likes of Messi & Sterling...

• @gloryhornet88 I said that time and time again but I finally got on Brewster and Greenwood roughly a fortnight ago. Since then they've both given me dividends and Brewster has rose roughly 25%. I'd be virtually a quid up on Greenwood already but I topped up last night increasing my average buy price but still showing as 71pps profit. I just wish I'd done it sooner.

Barring a bad injury nothing can stop them in the next year or so. Even if they dont set the world alight on the pitch they will be given time, both by their respective managers and by holders.

Also based on their performances so far in pre season they are showing that the hype has at least some basis. I fancy RB to score goals in both domestic cups and at least a few from the bench in the pl. Same goes for MG he has the added bonus of guaranteed minutes in the europa league, in which I again expect him to shine.

Everything mentioned spells dividends and increased investment to me

• @MickTurbo I think I'll wait until one of them does a cruciate or something, and invest at that point. Worked with CHO...