I have finally given in, is it too late?

• I have just taken some money out of Kane and put it into Greenwood. Am I too late or will the rise continue?!

• He is getting to the sort of price where he surely has to level out imo.

• @Tom77 That was my thinking! But I suffer badly from FOMO!!

• @Squire1905 i thought it was too late last week but I thought im not missing out on the divs if he has a great first season. I had to swallow my pride on this player as i wasnt on board for a long time. But is really ever to late to get on a hold if the player has the ability or even the hype surrounding him

• @Black-wolf Well her certainly has the hype! Not sure about the ability side, I haven't seen enough of him. But OGS clearly rates him.

• @Squire1905 people who bought at £2.50 pre split thought it was too late. I did … but now he is nearly £14 equivalent.

Anyone who says its too late - id like them to really consider events and timelines for what will trigger spikes and plummets. For me - between now and Xmas there is very little that could realistically happen that will cause a plummet (im not saying there wont be the odd drop) compare to the likelihood of what will cause the next spikes.

scores another pre season goal - chance of MB and another spike of 20p?
    doesn't score any more in pre season - drops a few pence?
    Starts vs Chelsea - boom another 50p
    Doesn't start vs Chelsea... maybe drops 10p?
    Scores an EPL goal - soars past £5
    Plays but doesn't score... probably still rises in price.

Injury can affect anyone - but as we saw with CHO and RLC people are buying in as quick as the dip happens and they actually went up in price after about 2 days! If Greenwood were to get injured he would plummet... but recover really quick that id be topping up as much as I could afford if he got injured.

• There is no doubt he is class but he is priced as an proper divs earner now.
    So if you wanted divs, sterling/kane/rashford are more likely to win imo than greenwood.

The value is with nkeita and parrott if you want Capp app.

• @Tom77 Parrot is high risk as there is no assumption that he will be part of the first team. Nketiah by default is Arsenals 3rd choice, in a system which often plays both of our main strikers... making him sub and replacement for rotation. Greenwood is definitely going to be a big part of Utd squad and may even break into the first team. Likewise Klopp has stated Brewster will have a part to play this year... and his exploits pre season will have confirmed that. Both may be starting premier league games in the near future.

• @Tom77 I have Nketiah but I am not sure I agree about Parrott. I cannot see his price climbing a huge amount unless he goes on loan (won't happen) or Kane gets injured/leaves. Not sure how much poch rates him, he has thrown youth in at times but last season when we were forced to start moura up top Parrott was no where near the squad!

• @Vespasian32 Do you think Greenwood can realistically keep flying up with every minor event that occurs (pre-season goal for example), without the established top 10 also rising significantly?

At Greenwood's price now, you would have to assume he will grow at a better rate than the likes of Sancho and Mbappe to be worth investing in, or return a better ROI than Kane, Salah, Pogba or Neymar.

I have been proven wrong on the youth bubble many times, but now as it feels Greenwood is almost on a par with (and has almost broken into) the top 10, surely traders will start to compare to those players when they consider whether to buy.

• @Tom77 ive actually moved to what consider the next tier of youngsters to grow Bennetts, McEachran and Maja. I still have all those other youngster aswell though

• @Squire1905 said in I have finally given in, is it too late?:

@Tom77 I have Nketiah but I am not sure I agree about Parrott. I cannot see his price climbing a huge amount unless he goes on loan (won't happen) or Kane gets injured/leaves. Not sure how much poch rates him, he has thrown youth in at times but last season when we were forced to start moura up top Parrott was no where near the squad!

Because parrott was 16 last year and had a bad ankle injury, protecting him.

He is a talent mate.

He could have been with the rep of Ireland under 19’s ina tournanmount but Poch wanted him on tour.

• @Wotabeast 100% I do. He hit 1100 MB for scoring a goal in a friendly. If that doesn't show his genuine value what will? He is 17/18 and on the verge of the Utd first team.

If he plays vs Chelsea and does well and gets another go he could be a first team player very soon. I would expect him to become king of the index immediately.

MB is paid every day of the year... an 18 yr old playing 30 games as Utd striker... getting first call up to England squad .. he will win a tonne of MB all year. And as I say, his PB potential will increase with gametime… if hes scoring goals he will win PB every now and again.

The key to remember - none of that has to happen... its the potential that its a distinct possibility that means starting vs Chelsea will surely take him past £5.

• @Vespasian32 said in I have finally given in, is it too late?:

@Tom77 Parrot is high risk as there is no assumption that he will be part of the first team. Nketiah by default is Arsenals 3rd choice, in a system which often plays both of our main strikers... making him sub and replacement for rotation. Greenwood is definitely going to be a big part of Utd squad and may even break into the first team. Likewise Klopp has stated Brewster will have a part to play this year... and his exploits pre season will have confirmed that. Both may be starting premier league games in the near future.

Basically greenwood has to take rashford spot to make him a realistic £4.50-£5 buy which is not happening.

• @Tom77 As a Spurs fan I really hope you are right.

• @Tom77 you said that a week ago when he was £3.65 … hes blitzed past Rashford price now. You are mad if you think he has to take Rashford spot. It's a fluid front 3 and he is likely to play vs Chelsea. In a couple weeks he will be £5 and youl still be saying "to be a 5.50 player he has to win a world cup"

Parrot is Irish and at Spuds... I really don't think you understand the index at the moment!

• @Squire1905 said in I have finally given in, is it too late?:

@Tom77 As a Spurs fan I really hope you are right.

This not just me pumping, he was the only IPO I wanted. Research all the spurs forums, twitter accounts he is the youth player everyone is raving about.

• @Vespasian32 Fair enough mate! That's the decision it comes down to - if you think it likely or probable that Greenwood will establish himself this season as a main striker at Utd and potentially England, and score a load of goals in a Michael Owen-style breakout season, then he is worth holding. You are banking on him becoming a top-5 FI player in order to be worth investing in at £4.40ish.

If however, he flits around the fringes of the team and has a few big moments, but doesn't fully establish himself this season, I would argue there are better investments at or around that price.

Also re the MB for pre-season goals etc - I wouldn't assume that level of hype will continue into the season - UNLESS he does have that huge first-team breakthrough. At the moment it is all transfers and pre-season friendlies in the news. Once real football starts again then the usual suspects will rise to the top for MB.

It's a very interesting situation though - definitely one where you have to make a judgement on how you see Greenwood's season panning out. It's actually a rare case of FI's slogan of "what's your football knowledge worth?" actually being applicable!

• @Tom77 I know how highly rated he is, I have even seen him live a few times but I am not convinced still. We don't seem to get much media attention at Spurs, Parrott doesn't like to play wide and we have better options out wide and so the only way he will get minutes is to replace Kane and that will not be happening! I too wanted Parrott but once he shot past £1.40 (my top value on him at this moment in time) I had to say no to investing. If he was English and a Utd player then I think his price right now would be a little low, but he isn't. He is Irish and at Spurs.

• @Wotabeast haha that's literally the opposite of what I said... read the last bit "the key to remember is..."
    Im saying he doesn't have to do any of that... the threat that he will do it is enough. So yes, RE my events/timelines. between now and xmas I see more spikes than drops. I all but guarantee he will be £5 soon.

Then if he keeps hitting the right markers he will keep rising. I don't give a rats ass how he turns out 6 months from now... the next goal posts are; playing minutes in premier league, starting in premier league, scoring in premier league... worry about the rest later.