Market Suspension 30th July 7pm

• Was there actually a question about keepers on either of the 2 surveys?

• @speedloafer exactly, absolute joke if this ends up costing us shit loads to accommodate people who moan because the rules dont suit them.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO LADBROKES!

• Is it definately changes to the pb scoring system ?

• @Stevo I guess it depends on how many more players are now capable of winning PB and will PB be increased. And we get a whole 30 mins to read the new rules, take them on board and adjust your portfolio in a scramble and thats assuming you are available at the time of the announcement.

I did see the "Everyone knew it would be changing. Anyone whining needs to get over themselves." How though? Tonight was the first announcement wasn't it and only a small % are on this forum.

• @MrWh1te said in Market Suspension 30th July 7pm:

Everyone knew it would be changing. Anyone whining needs to get over themselves.

Spot on. It’s been obvious for weeks and let’s be honest it’s been on the cards for a long time.

• @Stevo Rightly or wrongly i sold off over a third of my port when that survey was released. That cull cost me 2.7 percent of my ports value at the time. I could see those attributes wouldnt suit those players and have adjusted and reinvested in players i thought it would suit accordingly, without moaning even though that adjustment was expensive. I see far more money heading into the top end on the back of this announcement. Everyones gonna have a moan when the rules dont suit them, thats exactly what you are doing at the threat of rule changes too.

I signed up knowing that FI have a tendency to fudge things, you have bought players knowing FI have a tendency to fudge things. WE both know what we signed up for and its why we are here. for the record i wasnt one of those who was pushing for change but i accept they have the right to change it and will try to adapt accordingly rather than moaning about it in the hope that the long term things will be better. They are never going to please all people all of the time.

• Debating getting a couple of keepers.
    With MB opening up to all and potential PB changes may be worth a shot. 🥁
    Thinking Lloris and Pickford?

• Would like to know what the gambling authorities view is on changing the rules multiple times at their own discretion throughout a ‘3 year bet’.

• @Chris-J From the T&Cs.

4 OUR RIGHT TO AMEND THESE TERMS OF SERVICE
    4.1 We may update the Terms of Service from time to time. The revised Terms of Service will be made available on the Website and the date of revision made clear. We may present a "pop-up" or similar feature when you log on to the Service, which you will be required to accept before continuing further.
    4.2 You should pay particular attention to the latest Game Rules made available on the Website as changes to these may have a material influence on whether and how you place any Bet and/or otherwise use the Service.
    4.3 You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms of Service so that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Service after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) the Terms of Service as amended, please do not use the Service.

5 CHANGES TO THE SERVICE
    We reserve the right to change or remove any aspect of the Service at any time, including the ability to alter prices, features, specifications, capabilities, functions and/or other characteristics of the Bets. Any changes to the Service will explained on the Website, or via the App, or by email using the latest contact details provided by you. Please see “Announcements” section in the Game Rules, which explains how we may announce any future material changes to the Service and/or the Game Rules.

• @Stevo @speedloafer i see what you’re saying here fellas, basically FI shouldn’t make changes while the platform is growing and competitors are looking to make inroads into the market because it MAY inconvenience a small percentage of users in the short term, even if that change has a more positive impact to all users down the line. What FI should do, is either keep the product exactly the same and wait for a competitor to jump in with a better, more flexible product, or wait until there’s a bigger user base and make changes...

Good shout.

Personally I see this as a positive, FI have listened to feedback from users and are proactively looking to make things better - admittedly they may not get it right all the time but they’re listening and learning, which can only help FI to develop. Ultimately, it will make us more money in the long run so enjoy the ride!

• @dionysusthyrsus said in Market Suspension 30th July 7pm:

@Chris-J From the T&Cs.

4 OUR RIGHT TO AMEND THESE TERMS OF SERVICE
    4.1 We may update the Terms of Service from time to time. The revised Terms of Service will be made available on the Website and the date of revision made clear. We may present a "pop-up" or similar feature when you log on to the Service, which you will be required to accept before continuing further.
    4.2 You should pay particular attention to the latest Game Rules made available on the Website as changes to these may have a material influence on whether and how you place any Bet and/or otherwise use the Service.
    4.3 You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms of Service so that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Service after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) the Terms of Service as amended, please do not use the Service.

5 CHANGES TO THE SERVICE
    We reserve the right to change or remove any aspect of the Service at any time, including the ability to alter prices, features, specifications, capabilities, functions and/or other characteristics of the Bets. Any changes to the Service will explained on the Website, or via the App, or by email using the latest contact details provided by you. Please see “Announcements” section in the Game Rules, which explains how we may announce any future material changes to the Service and/or the Game Rules.

Should make that clearer at the point of deposit considering completely moving the goalposts like this is non standard within the industry.

• I’m not that bothered about a few tweaks, I’m not going to sell anyone I wouldn’t have or buy anyone I wouldn’t have before Tuesday.

My two major major concerns!

Market research. What’s been done? have they based it all on a couple of (pretty) crap surveys and had a scrum down at the boozer and tossed a coin? I’d hope they have run some real data and know roughly what will happen post change.

IT and Customer Service, are they up to the job?
    We can’t get to the first PB games and having errors and unpaid divs.

• @Chris-J This platform is non standard within the industry tbf.

@Ringers Bang on, well said.

• Personally it won’t affect me as I’ve 80 plus in my port BUT I can understand people being ‘pissed off’ so close to season

The cynic in me says:
    Summer promo is almost over ..FI thinking we can generate lots more buying in week up to start of season

I recall when I first joined a few ‘big fish’ withdrew everything cos FI changes ❗️

• @Jad1982 yeah it said its an announcement on changes to the match day scoring matrix

• @Neil2265 said in Market Suspension 30th July 7pm:

Debating getting a couple of keepers.
    With MB opening up to all and potential PB changes may be worth a shot. 🥁
    Thinking Lloris and Pickford?

Nothing about either survey or anything FI have said suggest any change that will benefit keepers. I'm going to invest heavily in players called Kevin as that maybe worth a shot with the upcoming game winning Kevin bonus.

• @Alpilgrim fair enough think I'm confusing myself atm 😂

• @dionysusthyrsus said in Market Suspension 30th July 7pm:

@Chris-J This platform is non standard within the industry tbf.

@Ringers Bang on, well said.

It’s still a sports betting platform nonetheless.

I appreciate I’m probably coming across very bitter about this but the PB system is a game of very fine margins so as someone who has spent a lot of time and money adapting my portfolio to the current system any changes to the matrix will only have a negative effect on my portfolio

• @Chris-J how do you know? Would you be saying the same if you thought it would have a positive effect?

At the end of the day no one knows what the change is, or how it will impact short term but as this platform is still growing any negative is going to be outweighed by the positives over the duration of your 3 year bet.

• @Chris-J I get it mate i had a 37 port of mostly pb holds, i trimmed off 15 when that survey came out thinking that money could be better spent in other pb players given the nature of the questions and who those attributes might benefit, That reshuffle cost me £300 in port value.

I could be wrong in how iv reacted and gauged this and if i am ill doubly suffer given ill have to react twice having reacted wrongly the first time. in that event ill be pissed, more at myself for pulling the trigger early. On the other hand if i have gauged it well ill be very happy having gone bigger in those holds as more people will be piling in on them once the new matrix is released. I just see this as another part of the market madness, some people will miss out, some people will win. It is what it is, its not like many people are losing money on here is it?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.