Joleiton

• Hi, new to this so still working things out. When I seen the joleiton transfer to NUFC was looking nailed on I deposited some extra cash and bought up quite a few of him. The price did shoot up quite a bit but then has dropped slightly again. Have I already missed the boat to make my max profit on this player? Is it better to make a quick sell?

• Its a three year bet mate. Do you think he will rise throughout the season? If yes then hold. I hold myself and i honestly think within three years he will take another step up.

• A standard Index tactic is to buy up a player - sometimes a good while in advance - to speculate on them getting a transfer. There will always be traders 'taking profit' once it's completed. They may have been patient for a while. The type of transfer will dictate how the market perceives the player having moved.

In this case it's probably neutral. On the one hand, he's in the Premier League now, which has the biggest upside of all PB eligible leagues. On the other hand, he's landed at Newcastle. As a fan myself, I can tell you no one is particularly excited about Steve Bruce being Rafa's replacement.

Whether you hold now is entirely up to you, and how you think he may get on. There will no doubt be some interest in seeing him play - and Newcastle were still on the TV more than any other club other than the top 6 last season.

But however he gets on, try and think of some other players who've made a similar move and have a look at their graphs and build up a better picture of the patterns of the market, which will help longer-term.

• Thanks for the reply just learing atm. Yes Newcastle have a recent history of selling players on to bigger clubs for profit so I would think he will go up in value.

• Check your spelling??
    If you’ve only been here a few days the max you could have held at is 1.13, he was a few pennies more awhile ago, he’s now 1.08.
    That’s quite a small drop now his transfer is complete.
    Don’t worry he will make that back, probably before the start of the season, if he plays wellfirst few games, gets a goal or two, he’ll be making you money.
    If Newcastle get relegated he’ll have a release clause no doubt, then a move to a ‘better’ PL club could be on the cards.
    He is a well thought of his player, one name. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t be.

• @Ringers Sorry I'm dyslexic Haha. Thanks yeah I'll defo be hanging on too him. I'm not really out thinking I'm going to be making huge profits just seems more fun than traditional betting and you cant have every penny wiped out in an instant.

• @NewUser397358 Yeah, exactly - that's the beauty of the Index. But by asking these type of questions when you're starting out you'll be learning how the market works quicker.

As Ringers says though, you've got a young promising forward pretty much nailed on in the Premier League. There's many, many worse holds out there!

• @NewUser397358 said in Joleiton:

@Ringers Sorry I'm dyslexic Haha. Thanks yeah I'll defo be hanging on too him. I'm not really out thinking I'm going to be making huge profits just seems more fun than traditional betting and you cant have every penny wiped out in an instant.

The instantaneous part is the bit that takes a while to grasp. It’s not over after 90 mins.
    Your bet hasn’t ended, it rolls for 3 years. At his age, barring a catastrophe, he will be considerably more than you have paid for him at some point.

• @Ringers Yes I'm confident at the very least his value will never drop. Silly question but after the 3 years are you then forced to sell at that days price?

• @NewUser397358 yep, if not it just disappears. Difficult to find anyone that this has actually happened to though. Apparently not many futures get that old.