Sleeping Giants of FI

• With the somewhat out of the blue rumour of Dybala to Spurs, got me thinking of any ‘sleeping giants’ that weren’t used as much last season but have the ability and style of play to do much better (PB and MB) in new team/season. Ones I have identified are:
    Dybala
    Isco
    Martial
    Icardi

With a few transfer either in or out, I feel like these would benefit a lot more. Any others?

• It's hard to say until the announcement on Monday. Pb changes could also work well or poorly to some players

• @Moukoko said in Sleeping Giants of FI:

It's hard to say until the announcement on Monday. Pb changes could also work well or poorly to some players

Announcement is Tuesday, not Monday. Just in case you were clearing your Monday night by mistake 👍

• Some of the sleeping giants must surely be some of the highest paid yet underperforming players around Europe atm, including Bale, Ozil, Sanchez and Coutinho. Sold Bale this week, don't hold any of the others.

• Thiago Alcántara seems to be a bit unfashionable at the moment and people seem to think he will lose out with the PB matrix changes, but his PB average was bettered only by Messi, Neymar and Kimmich last season, and I believe he will continue to post monster scores. £2.12 for a proven PB beast is a bargain.

Son Heung Min at £1.53 looks good value at the moment for me as well - he's capable of very big PB scores when he's on fire.

• @Wotabeast I concur on Thiago- he also has a good tackle rate if they become worth more.

• Son and Coutinho are both good shouts. I do think Alcantara will get hurt by PB changes...but all just speculation

• Another sleeping giant must be Luis Suarez, surely must be time for him to wake up and bite someone!!

• @Martyn-B said in Sleeping Giants of FI:

Another sleeping giant must be Luis Suarez, surely must be time for him to wake up and bite someone!!

He’s going to be a bench warmer this season.

• @Tom77 said in Sleeping Giants of FI:

Probably, I have a 1,000 holds, going to sell 100 or 200 every time he scores and price spikes, unless it looks like he will win PB. He will get some games and goals and maybe PB and I am happy to hold!! Also might do something to generate MB 🤐🤐

• @Martyn-B said in Sleeping Giants of FI:

@Tom77 said in Sleeping Giants of FI:

Probably, I have a 1,000 holds, going to sell 100 or 200 every time he scores and price spikes, unless it looks like he will win PB. He will get some games and goals and maybe PB and I am happy to hold!! Also might do something to generate MB 🤐🤐

Sorry mate, griezmann will play CF I think, Suarez will get games though👍

• @Tom77 said in Sleeping Giants of FI:

Sorry mate, griezmann will play CF I think, Suarez will get games though👍

Fully agree!! Plus an angry Suarez is always good for MB!! Don't plan on holding any by the end of the season as he could end up in South America, China or jail!!

• Suarez will still play more than enough to be a very good IPD player. I also think they might experiment with him and Griezmann at various points.

• Coutinho and mahrez I think will have big rises this season. Seem a little forgotten about.

• Sleeping giants for me have to be ISCO and Kroos, both low prices at present but will both have key roles with Madrid this season.

Kroos is a pb returner but is never mentioned in transfer rumours so is currently under valued.

Isco - Zidane rates ISCO very highly, look at how Isco performed when Zidane was last in charge. Ansenio getting injured will only increase the likelihood of Isco having a good season.

• @Sill7 People are worried about Kroos being impacted by the new PB matrix - I guarantee he'll drop after the new matrix is released. But i'm the opposite and I think he actually will benefit from it if the expected changes happen. He doesn't score often so removal of game winning goal would benefit him. He had the third highest key passes per game in La Liga last season so he does pretty well there too. I will be loading up more if he dips on Tuesday/ Wednesday.

• KDB if he stays healthy
    James Rodriguez if he is a starter

• @janner73 massively under-priced at the moment. New Madrid this year will bring him back up.

• @Wotabeast said in Sleeping Giants of FI:

Thiago Alcántara seems to be a bit unfashionable at the moment and people seem to think he will lose out with the PB matrix changes, but his PB average was bettered only by Messi, Neymar and Kimmich last season, and I believe he will continue to post monster scores. £2.12 for a proven PB beast is a bargain.

Son Heung Min at £1.53 looks good value at the moment for me as well - he's capable of very big PB scores when he's on fire.

Agreed, Alcantara is a PB monster. Just looks at his dividends and PB scores ppl 👍🏻