Finding it hard to sell

• Sorry if this has been covered before on the forum, but if possible I’m just looking for a quick bit of advice from more experienced traders.

I’ve been doing so so on the index with most players but had a few that have really caught fire, the problem is, I’m finding it very difficult to sell as I know I’ll be kicking myself if they go up further. As an example, I got on Ceballos at £1.15 and he’s now £1.80. Part of me is thinking it’s best to sell a good chunk and invest the profits elsewhere but the stubborn and greedy side of me (the biggest side of me if you listen to the Mrs) says to just stick in him till he bangs one in on MOTD next season.

Cheers for any advice!

• Selling can take a while, especially if the player isn't regularly traded. Also if people instant sell I assume that FI's stock holding takes number 1 spot in the selling queue as they won't want to be lumbered with shares sold instantly. After shares held as a result of instant selling hits 0 then the market comes into play.

The above is an assumption, I'm not sure if they go into that much detail about the selling queue but they'd constantly lose money if they didn't re-sell instantly sold shares.

• Have a look at similar players to him and you will then be able to gauge whether you are likely to have reached a ceiling and time to move on.
    Look at age / nationality/ position Pb & MB potential for example of those similar players to see whether there is much room for growth from 1.80

Personally I’d be looking to sell at least some and move onto to the next 50% profit

• @NewUser252969 the stick ‘in’ him bit was a typo!!

• Obvious to me when selling a player is pretend you don’t own would you buy if you had no shares at the current price if the answer is no you should sell

• Banned

I think this is a common problem.

At the moment most players will keep going up as so much money being added to the site. Long term, when to sell will dictate who makes money and who loses. Over the next year or two though, it won't matter hugely.

• @stumac85 said in Finding it hard to sell:

Selling can take a while, especially if the player isn't regularly traded. Also if people instant sell I assume that FI's stock holding takes number 1 spot in the selling queue as they won't want to be lumbered with shares sold instantly. After shares held as a result of instant selling hits 0 then the market comes into play.

The above is an assumption, I'm not sure if they go into that much detail about the selling queue but they'd constantly lose money if they didn't re-sell instantly sold shares.

I think this is wrong.

If you IS FI buy and the futures cease to exist.
    If you buy and there is no queue FI will issue new futures.
    If you buy and there is a queue of sellers, you will buy their futures.

• @Ringers Fair enough, I don't know how it works personally but I just assumed they kept futures instant sold to re-sell to any buyers as that would minimise their financial risk in "buying" the futures.

• Got rid of 34 futures in Moussa Diaby in around 4 hours today. Wasn't expecting that. Hopefully the Mandi and Savanier shares I bought with the money will come good!

• Sell him. Playing for Arsenal he's unlikely to retain that value.

• @NewUser252969 my cautionary tale is odegaard. I got on him at about 70p in feb and watched him rise to something like £1.30. Being new and inexperienced I was thinking 'this is easy, I'll ride him all the way to £5'. Then he started dropping little bit by little bit till I was barely even in the green. I know now that people were selling up because the season was ending and nobody knew where he'd end up, making him a risky hold. The point is that ceballos has had a profitable period because of transfer spec. When it ends, be it thru transferring orvstaying put, he'll probably start falling, so whether or not u think he'll move, or rise further, if your happy with your profit, then take at least some of it

• It all depends on if you think he will be a regular challenger/winner of the midfield PB dividends if the answer is yes he will continue to increase in value if the answer is no sell now.

• bit of a random one, but ive just noticed on skybet odds harry Wilson is 2/1 to go to Dortmund! would such a move increase his price?? He seems reasonable at £1.24 but surely will only decline if he stays at Liverpool with no game time..