Spread

• How is the spread calculated between buy and sell? For example spread on Sanchez is now 48p, is this based on a lot of people trying to sell back to the market?

• I believe so it's altered to stop mass selling

• Its 3% I think but FI reserve the right to increase it to prevent crashes.

Sanshez's price is nose-diving so they have bumped up the spread on him to protect his owners (from his price crashing harder) or to increase the amount of commission they get from panicking owners depending on who you believe

• @mike778 said in Spread:

Its 3% I think but FI reserve the right to increase it to prevent crashes.

Sanshez's price is nose-diving so they have bumped up the spread on him to protect his owners (from his price crashing harder) or to increase the amount of commission they get from panicking owners depending on who you believe

He was at one point 5p behind Harry Kane he’s a OAP he’s from Chilli Kane’s from England and Kane’s broke records this year. I don’t mean to offend anyone but if someone thinks kane and him are like for like they need to learn and understand why there investment is nose diving. I think 50p spread even is quite generous if I was FI I’d want £1 spread or say sell to the market... FI not a money tree need to understand the logic and understand it’s a stockmarket and a business not a platform for the deluded Pogba is a better buy with the media buzz.. I like the FI advert comparison to bitcoin and the Sanchez bubble has bust in my view hence the spread... FI is a business not a home for homeless futures buying back Sanchez needs to be worth there while and FI also have mouths to feed and wages to pay,,, that’s my view on this particular future

• Yeah I get that, was just wondering how the spread is calculated

• The spread is generally low however it increases when people instant sell, players with loads of instant sells will have a bigger spread which reduces with time after the market settled, I noted when I instant sold 400of a players that the spread increased as I was doing them in batches of 100
    Sanchez spread was recently reduced but then again he was mass sold yesterday and is gone up again, a way for FI to recoup some of the dividends money which is only fair
    Ideally should try to sell to market although that can be tricky with players dropping or those with little to no market, patience and timings are key

• @Wardy my bigger problem is that the portfolio valuation is based off the buy price not the sell price. Not even sure how they can get away with that when any other stock platform values off sell. Whenever you make a purchase you should see a paper loss off the bid offer spread, not portfolio flat. Football index have not answered the question as far as I have seen.

• @NewUser58020 said in Spread:

@Wardy my bigger problem is that the portfolio valuation is based off the buy price not the sell price. Not even sure how they can get away with that when any other stock platform values off sell. Whenever you make a purchase you should see a paper loss off the bid offer spread, not portfolio flat. Football index have not answered the question as far as I have seen.

Ok I think I can answer what you put in a good way :-)

Your biggest problem is your portfolio is based on buy not sell price.... the buy price is the price you pay at market value this includes a alowannce for company profit dividends and overheads and the ability for staff to answer phone action withdraws and set up meets with freebies like tickets drinks and food has well has do videos to promote the site to help our investments go up. On top of this no one paid to see Van Dam but money for his time also needs to be paid for.... if your portfolio was based on the sell price when you sell it don’t no longer qualify for buzz once sold so in effect it’s a price free of these perks has a owner you have whilst there still in your portfolio

Other stocks go off sell price

This is not Wall Street! Smaller market and bigger spread on top of this there needs to be strategy’s in place to stop crashes and gain consumer confidence the more your portfolio is worth more chances you will plough in more money. If you buy Kane for £9 and he’s worth £8-50 sell how many people would want to spend £900 for it to be worth £850 based on buying 100 of him ... the day they did this the Footie would drop...

I’m the biggest moaner on the site but I can see beyond the trees 🌲 I like to think

Has for FI answering questions the policy is to only answer questions that benifit s the market and the traders any negative questions have to be put before the board of directors before they can answer them due to fact a negative answer will get a market reaction.... prime example someone bought huge amount of goalies before Adams last Q&A twitter.... he brushed it off that there’s no plans within minutes there was a % drop in you De Goa and your Lloris of this world

Hope you see my points to a degree?

• @NewUser58020 does chicken heads response make any sense to u???? Am with u pal av brought up before and and get the same daft sensles responses the profit /loss colum is pointless and just there to make it look like everyone making money and they believe it... If the majority of people who's portfolio show profit had to sell up(there real value) they would loose money.

• @Simon-j said in Spread:

@NewUser58020 does chicken heads response make any sense to u???? Am with u pal av brought up before and and get the same daft sensles responses the profit /loss colum is pointless and just there to make it look like everyone making money and they believe it... If the majority of people who's portfolio show profit had to sell up(there real value) they would loose money.

It’s all totaly irrelevant anyway, has it don’t allow for deposits and withdrewls so in realism profit loss buy sell don’t take into account what you put in and took out the platform. There’s many opertunitys to make profit off this platform since I’ve been here.

If after sell everyone would be having no profit that’s purely down to over trading ???? if you sank £1000 in mahrez and £1000 in Ryan S back end of last year the £2k would be worth £4K SELL PRICE! In 4 months!!!

• @NewUser58020
    The sell price and the buy price are the same if you sell to market

• @Ermejo said in Spread:

@NewUser58020
    The sell price and the buy price are the same if you sell to market

It’s totaly stupid a instant sell total section. Like asking what a car will be worth if you sold straight away at a dealership the day you buy

• @Chicken-Badge Its not totally stupid. It's what should happen. Your portfolio should get valued based off the available sell price. Day you buy you see a paper loss until the time your sell price exceeds your buy price. The current method overstates portfolio value and gives people false confidence ... you have 3%+ spread plus transaction fee to net off. I am really not sure how anyone can argue for the current approach?

• @NewUser58020 it seems you have never traded before. If you would have had a trading portfolio (of stocks for example) - you would know it

• @NewUser38991 i have a portfolio of stocks and all stocks / funds are valued off the sell price. The platform is ftse 100 so hardly tin pot!

• I think the difficulty of basing the portfolio valuation on the selling price is the 2 ways you can sell your futures. There are different prices to sell to the market and instant sell so thats probably why it is based on the buying price