£20 to £100 challenge

• Afternoon all!

I've made a few posts but mostly a lurker. Big fan of the platform and started putting a few quid in but personal circumstances (unexpected bill) meant that I've had to withdraw pretty much all my holdings. Sad times but real life has to come first as I'm sure you'll all agree!

Now to keep myself involved in the Index and the community I thought I'd try a little £20 to £100 challenge. The idea would be I'd buy large amounts of low priced shares and hope to sell them off for small profit then repeat. I'm not sure it's even possible but it could be a bit of fun! I thought I could set myself a time limit (Edit: End of the 19/20 season) and see if I could make it happen.

If I was able to do it I would send £20 over to a random forum member that commented a selection and maybe they could start their own challenge.

This could be a fun challenge and would help me stay involved in the index without lumping on a few grand! If this is not allowed please feel free to delete.

I look forward to hearing people's comments and ideas.

Cheers!

• Sounds like it could be very interesting to see!

• Good luck mate. I know when I started I was putting money in every month to build my portfolio, but then towards the end of the season just gone I stopped investing and started trading more and withdrawing money to recoup my investment.

Plan is to maintain a good/healthy portfolio whilst trying to gradually withdraw the initial investment. Hard thing is when you sell players and have cash I tend to invest in new players rather than withdraw it but planning to have withdrawn at least 50% of my initial investment by Sep 2019 (1 year anniversary)

• Going from £20 to £100 is a 500% increase which I am thinking might take me 2-3 years if all goes well but I think it’s an interesting project.

• @Squire1905 a bit of fun at the very least I reckon!

• @CRua yeah when you put it like that it does sound a lot harder haha! Worth a shot though right?

• @CRua said in £20 to £100 challenge:

Going from £20 to £100 is a 500% increase which I am thinking might take me 2-3 years if all goes well but I think it’s an interesting project.

400%

• @Trader-ZX Deffo mate. I like to play short term with some players as it keeps me busy and interested. Obviously I cannot be like that with everyone and in the short time I have been here have had very mixed results with trying to flip short term!

• Just a heads up I have the £20 sitting and read to go if people wanted to suggest some buys. Equally if I lose it all I honestly don't mind as this is going to keep me entertained and also keep me away from accumulators !

Cheers guys and thanks for all the replies so far!

• @BOOM 400% but 500% ✅🤪

• @Trader-ZX It will take a bold man/woman to suggest the first purchase haha

• @Squire1905 haha honestly nothing to lose if anyone is willing to share a punt. And I 100% mean what I say if I reached £100 I will Paypal £20 to someone that has taken the time to comment :)

• @Trader-ZX my first bet with £20 in light of the announcement would be David Silva. I am sure plenty of other people would disagree though haha

• @Trader-ZX
    I think you should invest it in Jordan Henderson as he will be playing a part of around 10 games between now and the end of September. so has a good chance of PB & Cap App!!!

• Kieran Tierney, currently £1.40 and is on the way up - due to sign for Arsenal.

Will jump slightly, and should be a quick turnaround of a massive 1 or 2% ROI after commission :-)

• I've got shares in Bouna Sarr for Marseille, 35p.
    Right back but been playing as a wide forward in friendlies, been mentioned on the forum already.
    If that's where he starts the season there would be a big jump in his price for IPD and PB potential.
    You would get 57 shares for £19.95, if he was to rise to say 50p that would give you £28.50 a 40% ROI after commission.
    Would be a decent start?

• Jay Rodriguez 37p
    Can see him having a good season with Burnley and should win IPD and cap app.
    Already got a few goals in pre-season and you can buy quite a few of him and get a decent profit on him.

• @Trader-ZX

Depends what the top value is you're looking to invest in. Keeping it close to home (aka Newcastle) Longstaff (£1.58) and Almiron (£1.01) I think will increase this season.

Longstaff rose to £1.85 before his injury with talk of England call ups etc. Looks like NUFC will be holding onto him so will be playing week in week out and getting the media rumours around transfers and england call ups etc he should rise with a full season under his belt.

Almiron is similar, rose from £0.75 in Jan to £1.30 in March, again he dropped after his injury but following a good Copa America he rose up to £1.13, dropped a little again now as he's been very much out of sight out of mind, but back in Newcastle's preseason plans and played in last 2 games and looking like he is working well with Joelinton. If he plays as well as he was between Jan and Mar can see him pushing up higher and who knows if those Real Madrid rumours will resurface.

A more out there one may be Dani De Wit at Ajax, 21 year old centre midfielder. De Jong has now gone and whilst he only played 4 time last season, De Wit captained the reserve team (I think) playing 18 times and scoring 6 goals. He's only £0.60 and if Ajax do what they did last season in Europe he may do big things. However, he's not in a PB league to that could go against him if Ajax struggle.

• Love all of these suggestions already guys! I will buy £20 worth of shares in one of these players within an hour or so. Let the suggestions keep coming in.

I will post amount of shares and value bought. I will also aim to sell fairly quickly to capitalise on any profits (if they rise of course).

Thanks for taking part and having a bit of fun with me!

• @Trader-ZX
    It's only money at the end of the day. virtual at that, but its why we earn it to enjoy it so why go for it hope it works out as ive gone for Ramiro Guerra Of Villareal and renato tapia of feyenoord as should capp app nicly for chrimbo?????

• Sergio Ramos should be good for a 50% increase in the next couple of months. He’s only £1.03 and he’s good for goals and has PB potential. His graph suggests plenty of room for growth

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.