£20 to £100 challenge

• @Martyn-B yeh kane isn't an IPD flip 😂

There will be an element of it getting harder... I think people have misinterpreted @Fletch recent post... But basically as season gets underway the market absorbs who the starting players are, who the form teams and which players are getting good pb scores and goals... So players should start to represent their 'value' (an acceptable roi based on expected yield)... But the index, much like the original stock markets still suffers from the Monday effect etc and illogical trading patterns.

Ferreyra is my man... Down from 62 to 56 p that's on the back of not starting the last league game and then a 2 week break. If he is in the lineup vs eibar I'd expect him to rise 2-3p, if he scores il expect him to be 60-65p...a brace and 65-70p...doesnt start I expect a drop of 2-5p... But id expect him to play and score vs ferencvaros! And recover to around 55-60p on So I'd then accept he's not going to hit the heights of 65-70 I'd hoped for and look to sell.

So whilst I admit it's all very risky, it's not to say there isn't some predictability around it...

• Keep pumping, I was tempted, but I have my wishlist of one for now...😉

• @Martyn-B I wouldn't recommend anyone buy him now... Hes at the ipd value already where any increase is going to come from a goal and those magical people who buy in batches of 300 before the goals even shown on live TV!

Well... Buy if you think he will play vs eibar and/or ferenc and score...

• alt text

What have we done people! Sudden drop for Hamsik has seen him topple right out the top 3 and now the 2nd and 3rd best tips are making a loss! Domestic football can't come back soon enough!

0_1568190172002_upload-fc980fa8-0940-4702-a226-54f033b0ab11

• Market slump not discriminating it seems! Fuck ipos and internationals 😢

• @Vespasian32 said in £20 to £100 challenge:

Market slump not discriminating it seems! Fuck ipos and internationals 😢

alt text

• Hamsik was never ment to be held beyond Monday night, nevermind I am happy to look like a Muppet (preferably Animal and not Kermit) until the next round of tips!! Looks like I will be holding my shares until the 19th of November when, hopefully, I will look like a genius again (Home game against Azerbaijan to finish the group, if they are still in contention).

In defence of @Jonah pretty sure Lloris has finally earned some dividends that haven't been included.

Bring on the league football again!!

• @Martyn-B said in £20 to £100 challenge:

Hamsik was never ment to be held beyond Monday night, nevermind I am happy to look like a Muppet (preferably Animal and not Kermit) until the next round of tips!! Looks like I will be holding my shares until the 19th of November when, hopefully, I will look like a genius again (Home game against Azerbaijan to finish the group, if they are still in contention).

In defence of @Jonah pretty sure Lloris has finally earned some dividends that haven't been included.

Bring on the league football again!!

Hamsik would have been sold by now had @Trader-ZX lumped on him but thems the breaks.

Lloris did keep a clean sheet but for some reason I didn't put it in so it in now:

0_1568196193756_upload-33df90a1-e82d-4f8c-beb0-3c64cebbed9c

• @Vespasian32 a lot of of IPOs were dropped in yesterday and from what I saw were mainly dross

• @Brane_Ormso bare in mind we all picked with an eye on the international games so I wouldn't get to down hearted . We all choose with a short time frame in mind so we will excuse you just this once 😂

• Just cos I refuse to start anything else this close to home time at work I've decided to compile a list of how things stand looking at all the tips and trades so far:

The top two come from round one and the 3rd from round 3:

1st @Vespasian32 tip - Ferreyra - price at tip £0.32, IPD earned £1.24 - value now £0.56 profit after commission (PAC) of £15.43
    2nd @Ericali - Kolarov - then £0.44, no IPD, now £0.75 - PAC £13.28
    3rd @BarbayanBrawler - Niang - then £0.61, IPD £0.33, now £0.89, PAC £8.98

All the more impressive considering there has been more money available and more shares up for grabs in rounds 3 and 4!

0_1568273690501_upload-e3154390-6995-4365-9043-7b63add3f7c6

• @Brane_Ormso

You really have too much time on your hands!! Top job as usual. Not to be picky but you have awarded Ferreyra, McGinn and Lloris 2p IPD's when it should have been 1p. Only goals scored by defenders get 2p. Regardless, at the time Ferreyra was by far the best tip to date.

• @Martyn-B Indeed my friend, but when you try to collate 4 rounds of data in 5 spare minutes you make stupid mistakes such as copying the formula from someone who gets 2p per goal and applying it to everyone like some kind of moron.

alt text

• Not much change other than to note the Lloris is back into 2nd seeing as i've corrected the formulas. Honestly you'd think with the amount of mistakes i've been making recently that i was working for FI or something

alt text

Anyway here's the table so far (which i'll no doubt have to repost later when I, or someone else spots an error :)

0_1568274104150_upload-839acb27-7afd-4172-acfa-841153a1282a

• @Brane_Ormso

You are not a Moron, you are a legend in this thread. I am the one with OCD, I noticed the Lloris error straight away, say in a corner twitching, biting my tongue, trying not to look, or comment and waited for someone else to comment, they never did so I finally had to respond when the elongated historical table popped up.

Thanks for all your efforts on here, makes this challenge much more fun and quantifiable.

• New table looks perfect and I wouldn't dare correct you again if it was utter bollocks!! Well I say perfect, I am dead last!!

• @Brane_Ormso quite a lot of red there think we need to up our game or @Trader-ZX is going to be having corn beef sarnies for Xmas lunch. Great job as usual .

• @Brane_Ormso incredible work again mate. love these updates, the only qualifier i would give with this process is that we generally look at things when @Trader-ZX gets out of the trade. For example Tosun, i tipped and he scored on Tuesday and hit 43p, that is my moment to exit. He didnt score the 1st game so didnt get the 10p spike i wanted but at 43p i get out and minus comm i would have made a .60 profit. Can't win them all and move onto the next one attitude. That was the thinking on Tosun but for the relevance of this spreadsheet, i know its very hard for you to interpret those details.

• @BarbayanBrawler Agree mate, @Martyn-B had the same issue regarding Hamsik when his price rocketed.

By all means I can add it into the next round and people can shout up when they would sell and I'll mark the spreadsheet accordingly. I'll obviously still track the price so we can see if anyone jumped off the wagon too soon.

This won't help have any impact on @Trader-ZX but I certainly don't mind doing it if people wana see it?

• @Brane_Ormso excellent, that would be a great addition. everyone try to post the moment they would exit. obviously we cant equate for sell queue etc etc, but we can assume that as the price is rising the sale would got through at that price. As you say aswell, with you tracking it, we can tell if the exit was too early or well timed.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.