Harvey Elliott

• How much is Harvey Elliott going to be when he is introduced the way youngsters are hyped on this platform he looks very good.

• @NewUser123565 What would you say he looks good at? Genuine question as I've seen about 2 minutes of the lad.

• @NewUser123565 Also probably around £1 I'd say.

• We have a problem with these recent ipo prices.
    I know people are falling over each other for them so you can’t blame FI on that score.
    Let’s just say Januzaj, Macheda and Ravel Morison were ipo’d tomorrow. Probably anything from 80p-£1.20?
    By the time they were all 23 they weren’t worth their ipo. Januzaj is now trading at 49p (which I think is a bit of value but neither here nor there).
    In short, the vast majority of these kids will be untradeable past the initial hype as they will not by and large be worth their ipo price.
    Therefore in 5 years the majority of players on the platform will see no trading activity whatsoever.

• Watch the lpool lyon game and you will see for yourselves very very composed for 16

• @NewUser123565 correct, he's looked brilliant the last two games

• Just for @Shippers 😂

• @ScouseSte 🤣🤣🤣🤣👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 honestly gets me everytime. I thought it was a written rule to just start a new thread regardless if one already exists 😅. Fair play to those who pick up old threads mind, especially a new user.

• This post is deleted!

• Definitely seeing some money go into him at the moment. But with possibly 2 seasons+ till he gets regular first team football anywhere, there is a lot of possible stagnation to be had.

• @Valhalla

I think the less he plays the more he could rise. The myth of some of these youth is going to be worth way more than the reality when they start to play.

I reckon you could find 10-20 ‘wonderkids’ who’ve come through united or Liverpool and would have been worth £4/£5 at 17/18, who are now worth less than a quid in their 20s.

Hoping he does keep rising mind, whatever happens, as I’m in for more than I probably should be...

• Is he that good. He looked a nice prospect in the cups but nothing special. Know he is only 17 but still.

• @Elmer said in Harvey Elliott:

@Valhalla

I think the less he plays the more he could rise. The myth of some of these youth is going to be worth way more than the reality when they start to play.

You couldn’t be more right. The cold hard reality of pitch time soon sorts the gems from the duds.

• @mike778 Might be but currently the 32nd most expensive player on the platform sandwiched between Hazard and Felix. Utterly bonkers FOMO based on what's happened to Sancho, there is no logical reason for the price.

You may have gathered I don't hold....

• @Harford-is-God said in Harvey Elliott:

@mike778 Might be but currently the 32nd most expensive player on the platform sandwiched between Hazard and Felix. Utterly bonkers FOMO based on what's happened to Sancho, there is no logical reason for the price.

You may have gathered I don't hold....

I do hold and yes his price is a lot higher than I expected it to be at this stage in his career.

But for those asking, yes he's the real deal lads 👍. Lots of buzz about Curtis Jones who is ahead of him development-wise but Harvey has got that wow factor. You can see it already in his build - low centre of gravity, tricky, gonna be hard to knock off the ball (similar to Hazard, Messi etc - not saying he will reach those levels of course 😁 but he's in the right hands to develop his potential)

Sancho has done all the youth a favour but this kid is my biggest hold in the portfolio - I think the media will become obsessed with him too once be starts playing regularly.

Will £4 seem expensive in 12 months time. Hell no!

This is all my own opinion of course, always do your own research 😉😂

• @ScouseSte Don't doubt any of that, saw him a couple of times and liked what I saw but I'm struggling to see a team with ambition to retain the league (see what I did there) and have a proper tilt again at the CL will be giving him playing time.

On the pitch will determine the price staying where it is, the selling part of ME will determine how low that price may go.

• @ScouseSte
    Does he have that wow factor though? That looked to me exactly what he didn't have. Looked nice enough player potentially but no wow. Not sure that being short is that much of an asset. He didn't look like a future superstar.

Obviously he is only 17 so could develop into a world beater but was a bit disappointed in him tbh when I saw him.

• @mike778 said in Harvey Elliott:

@ScouseSte
    Does he have that wow factor though? That looked to me exactly what he didn't have. Looked nice enough player potentially but no wow. Not sure that being short is that much of an asset. He didn't look like a future superstar.

Obviously he is only 17 so could develop into a world beater but was a bit disappointed in him tbh when I saw him.

I've watched every game hes played mate. He was quiet against Everton but in the rest he has shown flashes of brilliance. Also the youth games too but I'm not counting them as it's against kids.

I think 2 years time and he is a starter for Liverpool. Next season he will play all domestic cup games and have a place on the first team bench alongside Jones (replacing Lallana and Shaquiri)

If you arent a long-term trader then Elliott isn't for you right now because growth won't be as fast as the plethora of other options out there.

• I get all the points against him as a hold. I’ve resisted and resisted this type of buy for the year I’ve been on the index so far, they just never made sense, but seeing them fly time after time, I eventually jumped on this one.