Money for old rope? Toby A

• Reported today that Spurs are comming to terms with fact they may have to sell Toby in summer great defender in Belgium team has a dead cert. just back from injury a transfer would be one of the media buzz of the summer just picked up another 30 of him. If they don’t sell him a quality defender at under £1.50 still cheap at his age and ability.. I think it’s a good buy but anyone please tell me negatives I see positives has many! Like for like with VVD but better and cheaper?

• @Chicken-Badge negative would be depends where he ends up. People always pay a premium for prem league players so if he heads to serie a then he may drop or worse heads to a non top 5 league. Of course hat is the most doom and gloom version I haven't even checked who he's linked to

• @Noirx4 said in Money for old rope? Toby A:

@Chicken-Badge negative would be depends where he ends up. People always pay a premium for prem league players so if he heads to serie a then he may drop or worse heads to a non top 5 league. Of course hat is the most doom and gloom version I haven't even checked who he's linked to

Odds checker 2/1man u fav 4/1 city

• @Chicken-Badge do city really need yet another defender?

• Have held him for a long-time and keep thinking about cashing in but can see plenty of media speculation over the summer - cue Tottenham announcement he's signed a new contract :-D

• @Noirx4 said in Money for old rope? Toby A:

@Chicken-Badge do city really need yet another defender?

I think the release clause is activated in the summer for 25 million. Compared to VVD I think any side in the EPL will take a defender who’s defensive record in last 3 seasons is the best in England please understand I mean that over past 3 years spurs defence when he’s played let in noting save the last day a couple of years back v Newcastle but I think if he does leave Man U could do with him has a upgrade on there defence

• @AT10

I need him to play v palace to see the stats he brings home if there good he’s worth it if he goes or stays? But yes a new contract would be a bummer but Levy has history of dragging things out to save but this is a right saga! But new contract would that see a much of a drop if he’s regular starter again if any?

• I think the negatives would be as mentioned 'lack of speculation' but if you say there's a chance he might go then I look at only two clubs in the world (that can afford Toby) better than Spurs that need a new CB, which is Man Utd & Real Madrid. Can't see City wanting another one? Can't see Barca needing one? So I honestly think he won't be rushing out the door just yet?

That said i'm getting more into buying defenders for growth opportunities and he's a decent PB punt and he certainly shouldn't be any lower come the World Cup than he's priced at the moment but unless I was certain he's rumoured with a move I wouldn't invest myself just yet. He'll probably top PB this weekend now!!!!

• @dannypea

A good play is Toby, but also think maybe better growth defenders out there - Rugani, De Ligt, Retsos, Diallo and Zagadou to name a few.. All way below the Toby price.

• @Chicken-Badge Rumours say he's after big bucks - similar to Kane etc.

Regarding stats, I don't remember him getting close to a PB win before the injury, he's definitely not won one, if he does it will be a bonus, it's all about the VVD style media for me.

• @AT10

If he don’t sign there’s got to be 50p media buzz in this 2/1 to Man U could make him a buzz player too. He wants £150,000 a week levy wants to give £110,000 the fans want him to get the £150,000 by getting Sissoko off the pay roll. He’s worth every penny however could of started a injury prone run but it’s abit hiffy because he was a ever present for years. Probably more like he don’t want to get out of bed for the £50,000 a week he’s on. We’ve had him on cheap too long giving him £150,000 makes up for the weeks we’ve had him on the cheap in reality

• I've been in and out of Toby more than any player, starting at £1.15 and ending a few days back at £1.45. Can't see how this one will lose if I just stop selling him. Made decent money but wish I'd just kept him all along

• @Pierrey2129 phrasing

• @MrFrenchTickler intentional... Been innand out of Toby more times than my Mrs I have

• @Happy-Hornet said in Money for old rope? Toby A:

@dannypea

A good play is Toby, but also think maybe better growth defenders out there - Rugani, De Ligt, Retsos, Diallo and Zagadou to name a few.. All way below the Toby price.

But there not 2/1 at bookies to go to main media buzz club? Not got best defensive stats has a team defender in premier league and not proven at the very top or big name in Belgium defence

• @Pierrey2129 said in Money for old rope? Toby A:

@MrFrenchTickler intentional... Been innand out of Toby more times than my Mrs I have

This is where us traders lose money I do same with many players I’ve managed to keep 90 Mendy from 88p to 1.50 so far but I started with Toby at even less

• For me De vijl is a better investment, cheaper, free transfer so everyine wull be fighting over his signature , linked with all the big 6 already. Been cinfurmed he us definitally leaving, so it will happpen and the prem can aford the bigger wages than europe clubs to attract him especially if he is going for a free, so that can be off set against paying him even bigger wages to secure him

• @SMacFI said in Money for old rope? Toby A:

For me De vijl is a better investment, cheaper, free transfer so everyine wull be fighting over his signature , linked with all the big 6 already. Been cinfurmed he us definitally leaving, so it will happpen and the prem can aford the bigger wages than europe clubs to attract him especially if he is going for a free, so that can be off set against paying him even bigger wages to secure him

(Vijl) He was at a taste price one month back. But the media circus around a Alderweireld move to Manchester would be massive has well has him giving a backbone to whoever he plays for

• @Chicken-Badge LOOL Alderwereld was a tasty price a month ago, one is 20p closer to the defender ceiling most defenders reach, Vijl all day long for me sorry buddy.

• @SMacFI said in Money for old rope? Toby A:

@Chicken-Badge LOOL Alderwereld was a tasty price a month ago, one is 20p closer to the defender ceiling most defenders reach, Vijl all day long for me sorry buddy.

Money is in the hype not the transfer already had 2 Toby alerts today it’s going to grow into a bubble then bust like PC (unless he signs then it stops or drops!!!) and Sanchez got so bad with Sanchez he was 5p away from Kane at one point and people still buying how bizzare!!!! Then it burst!!! Both good players

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.