Growth- Ireland/Canada/Sweden

• Is the recent upturn caused by the expansion, or something else?
    I don't remember hearing when we'd be going live in these countries, so I've just assumed we have and that's why the index on the whole is up. But if they're not live yet, I need to start piling some more cash in...

• And that's why the upsurge has happened...

• @Lights because it has, or because it will?
    I don't really know about the latter, because it was announced weeks ago and there was minimal movement.

• ". But if they're not live yet, I need to start piling some more cash in.."

Everyone just piling in cash because they think the Swedish money will be massive (I don't think it will tbh) but the fact everyone in UK is throwing all their cash in, in anticipation means that it doesn't matter if a lot of Swedish money comes through or not. Every time the FOOTIE goes up people put more money in and the FOOTIE goes up again. Great times

• @Lights said in Growth- Ireland/Canada/Sweden:

". But if they're not live yet, I need to start piling some more cash in.."

Everyone just piling in cash because they think the Swedish money will be massive (I don't think it will tbh) but the fact everyone in UK is throwing all their cash in, in anticipation means that it doesn't matter if a lot of Swedish money comes through or not. Every time the FOOTIE goes up people put more money in and the FOOTIE goes up again. Great times

I think it's going to sit more with the Irish if I'm honest, but that's just a hunch. Really not sure about Canada- never thought of them as a viable market.

• The Swedish and Canadian markets will be a slow burn anyway. FI only really kicked on in UK in September when started talk sport advertising. And new members each week word of mouth will need time to spread.

• This post is deleted!

• @Noirx4 said in Growth- Ireland/Canada/Sweden:

The Swedish and Canadian markets will be a slow burn anyway. FI only really kicked on in UK in September when started talk sport advertising. And new members each week word of mouth will need time to spread.

The beauty is TalkSport, WhoScored and TFS Podcast are all easily accessible worldwide. So that advertising will have reached a few of these places already.
    ... pumps a bit more money into the Kane fund

• Yeah. The Irish Market is tiny too when you look at population. Less than 5m compared to 60 odd in the UK. I'm from Ireland and anyone I've spoke to about it seems quite sceptical about the idea. The advertising gives so much legitimacy to the FI. Advertising over next few months in the UK is far more important than entering new markets imho. But I'd say Adam knows more than me.

• Adam could sell sand to the Arabs. I think FI is already live in every country. I’ve got it up when in Istanbul Marrakesh Ukraine and Poland so far save the fact if I trade I get my account blocked to not contravene there licence. I interpret go live to meen if you fly to Stockholm you can invest or get someone you meet there to invest in a above board way!

• The population of Sweden is just under 10 million, it took FI 3 years ish to get this far in the UK, it could take Sweden as long to, so I wouldn't expect much instant cash from that part of the world.

• @SMacFI it's difficult to say a lot of the progress in England was down to the introduction of dividends meaning the players had an actual value and weren't just another bitcoin

• @Noirx4 said in Growth- Ireland/Canada/Sweden:

@SMacFI it's difficult to say a lot of the progress in England was down to the introduction of dividends meaning the players had an actual value and weren't just another bitcoin

And more growth on the back of the development of the divi structure, along with the introduction of hundreds more players across the leagues to enable further growth.
    Still, the low population concerns me a little. We'll just have to see how it goes- if this growth isn't linked to the releases then I think we'll be fine anyway.

• Although cumulatively, with Sweden (10m), Canada (36m), and Ireland (5m) we are adding nearly 75% extra to the catchment market.

Of course FI will only be a niche pursuit in Canada as football hasn’t really broken through there yet. But I hope this is offset slightly by the higher GDP per capita figures; the average person in Canada and particularly Sweden is significantly richer than in the UK, so it’s likely there’ll be a bit more disposable income that can be channelled into the platform.

Overall, if the expansion to the three new territories yields us an extra 5-10% of cash into the market I think that would be an amazing outcome.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.