What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?

• @NewUser324071 hi pal.... πŸ‘

It's not the fact it's no deal, it's the fact we can't even discuss deals until we leave (if the EU even lets us!)

We told them nearly 3 years ago we wanted to leave - why couldn't they be civilised folk & let us start discussing trade deals for our proposed leave date 3 years ago? πŸ€”

That way we could have done a seamless transition.

I'll tell you why, because they want to be as awkward as possible & lock us down to having this 2 years of transition where the shit hits the fan while we negotiate our trade deals.

That's not relationship I want my country to be part of. It's a dictatorship.

• Anyway, bored of this..... 😐

I said before, nobody is changing anyone's mind.

All people do, is strengthen the other side's resolve.

Let it go. It's happening. End of.

• That's bullshit.
    You are a clever guy, so to say stuff like 'if the EU even let us leave' etc is clearly you just lying.
    But incase you are really not acting dumb, OUR government stopped us leaving. We could have left already, we chose not to.

• @MrWh1te Our default position is to leave.....

The bloody EU keep giving us extensions!!

Let us go man, set us free... πŸ˜πŸ‘

Leave without a deal keeps getting legally blocked by parliament, and the EU keeps giving us more time to get the bad deal through parliament.

Going round in circles. 😐

• @Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@MrWh1te Our default position is to leave.....

Because we keep asking for it.

• @MrWh1te said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

I'm not asking for it...... πŸ€”

The 52% aren't asking for it..... πŸ€”

The remain PM & politicians were asking for it - unfortunately for them, they are now out of a job.

Different scenario this time. πŸ‘

• @Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@MrWh1te said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

I'm not asking for it...... πŸ€”

The 52% aren't asking for it..... πŸ€”

The remain PM & politicians were asking for it - unfortunately for them, they are now out of a job.

Different scenario this time. πŸ‘

A shaky majority of 1 suggests it may not be as simple as Boris suggests. I can recall far more than one conservative clearly stating they would block a no deal scenario.

• Generally appears to me that most remainers keep saying how bad leaving will be for the economy. They maybe right. But I feel that people's vote out wasn't based on economics. The people I've spoken to want more control over they're destiny as a nation.

They don't want to be dictated to by EU officials that are unable to understand the concerns of the people. How could they understand. 28 nations, different languages, different laws, different cultures ect... It is this that pushed people to vote out in my opinion. The UK will be skint drum won't work I feel, as that wasn't the primary concern at the heart of people's vote.

• @Ericali

The EU a dictatorship? Bloody hell I've seen it all now, you'd think we're living in Germany 1944.

Trade Deals are complex and actually I think you'll find we're free to negotitate trade deals you just can't sign them until we have left the EU. The reason we haven't done trade deals with the bigger countries is because they are complex. Want to trade with India? Yep, fine but they want less via restrictions? See the same for NZ and Australia. Want to trade with South America? Yep OK, but they block trade so you've got to negotiate a deal and have it sounded out by 7-8 seperate entities.

It's a complete fantasy land. Oh and to Paul below that's because the referendum was an emotion vote. I can see why people want to leave the EU, mainly it was because of immigration and putting the money to use in our own country. Most of the EU laws that are standardised are actually pretty decent and are actually going to be built in to our laws. Think now if you said do you want to remain vs leave and your weekly shopping will rise by 10% until we have a trade deal people would probs think differently.

• A couple of technical points.

The government hasn't stopped us leaving the EU. Parliament has though.
    Also we can negotiate as many trade deals as we like now. it is just that we can't implement them until we leave.

• Don't think 10% raise in shopping will put people off. I don't hate the EU by the way. That said, I totally understand why people voted out. And I don't think it is all down to immigration, although it obviously plays a part.

To put a spanner in the works, do you think democracy works? Someone who is highly educated in world affairs has the same value as vote as someone who has no clue about anything suggests not. That said, I can't think of a better system that works for everyone.

My concern with the EU would be when Italy goes bust, I don't want to be bailing out another country when we have plenty of issues that need addressing here.

• To the OP. I think the index will be fine. If you're getting an 8% return on your investment on FI your doing really well compared to saving accounts and ISA.

I had a browse at Wealthify a few days back. Their annual investment portfolio was negative for the year. FI will be just fine. People with big money will get it going I reckon

• @PaulR add Greece, Spain - the list goes on.

• @PaulR democracy works fine, I understand your point though. The problem is political parties can exploit people far easier these days through our online footprint and our data. Obviously people are far more aware of it these days after the Cambridge Analytical data scandal, but everyone targets us these days with emotion rather than facts. Just a sad state of affairs really, circle of life style.

Personally I feel the fear in us bailing out other EU countries is just that, us leaving with no deal creates a hole in our economy and our growth forecasts at the moment are at 2009 levels. This presents a problem in itself for us when our economy is primarly based as a service delivery. On the bright side at least Americans will be able to be high rollers in London merch!

• @Ericali There's a risk of a domino affect. Don't want that to happen of course. Be horrible for those in that country. But do we really want to risk being part of a EU financial crisis, with little say of funding a bail out!

• @PaulR said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali There's a risk of a domino affect. Don't want that to happen of course. Be horrible for those in that country. But do we really want to risk being part of a EU financial crisis, with little say of funding a bail out!

I see it this way, we leave & make a success of it, others will follow.

Bringing the domino effect which you speak about.

We leave & fail - the next election the party that wants to go back in the EU will sweep to power.

The EU, now effectively just 2 superpowers propping up the other 20 odd nations will welcome us back with open arms.

The public will know we are better off part of "Team EU" & life goes on....

That's the worse case scenario.

By being on Football Index you've probably guessed I'm a gambling man, let's roll the dice & see how it goes. πŸ‘

We know this side of the coin - personally, not too fond of it, so I want to see the other side 😐

Let's live a little.

• @PaulR that sounds reassuring, hope you're right.

• @NewUser324071
    So true mate.
    People bleat on about brexit being democracy etc however, it’s crazy how masses of simpletons are swayed by these amazingly effective internet campaigns ie by cambridge analytica.
    Just watch The great hack.

• @NewUser69589 "masses of simpletons"

🀣🀣🀣🀣

Oh, the irony!

This from those who tell us that we didn't even know what we were voting for. 😨

That quote sums you guys up perfectly. πŸ‘

How we struggle to even tie our shoelaces & breath at the same time as the elite look down on the working classes telling us we will be the hardest hit.

• @FI-Manager

Your from Northern Ireland mate if you got a vote on Brexit.

The North of Ireland isn't a Country