What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?

• @Ericali was it this one?

• Fun to read back through all this now 😁.

As it turns out, the index is at its highest ever and Johnson didn't deliver on his promise of leaving the EU yesterday. Wonder if there is any correlation between the two factors?

• @ScouseSte good to bring this thread back to life! 🥳 brexit will be the best action the United Kingdom will ever make! F-you Jess Philips and Jeremy dustbin!

• @Sol said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@ScouseSte good to bring this thread back to life! 🥳 brexit will be the best action the United Kingdom will ever make! F-you Jess Philips and Jeremy dustbin!

Nah its a mistake. But there we are.

• I voted stay. I like cooking a lot and have have been withdrawing money so I can top up Tesco’s half price passata before the price rockets. I don't fuck around when it comes to food shopping.
    My ‘brexit’ garage is getting stocked.

• @Tom77 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

I voted stay. I like cooking a lot and have have been withdrawing money so I can top up Tesco’s half price passata before the price rockets. I don't fuck around when it comes to food shopping.
    My ‘brexit’ garage is getting stocked.

You are right to do that. Skynet at the same time is sending the t-800 and t-1000 series terminators, best be ready for that eventuality also. Have you also prepared for the ‘no flying’ planes from Heathrow and the ‘undrinkable’ water supply, or indeed the chlorinated meats that those darned right wing racists will force us to eat? What next...will we chlorinate wash our vegetables before serving them to the consumer - shit that already happens under EU rules! To the fall out bunkers!! 😂🤣😂

• 0_1572643728613_8E8024DE-CA00-4C3D-B613-32399D9377D5.jpeg

Don’t know if this has been posted but it made me laugh

• @Sol said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:
    or indeed the chlorinated meats that those darned right wing racists will force us to eat? What next...will we chlorinate wash our vegetables before serving them to the consumer - shit that already happens under EU rules! To the fall out bunkers!! 😂🤣😂

I think you'll find the concern is also for animal welfare and hygiene, than purely for the end consumer.

• @Metropolis bloody hypocrisy. I do care for animal welfare. Lefties accept halal slaughter as completely fine. That is the first concern every country should be addressing forthwith and not how we wash the animals after slaughter. Seriously, get the priorities right. If you ‘care’ about animal welfare, the barbaric halal slaughtering ritual needs to stop. For God’s sake, that religion classes dogs as unclean and if they are black in colour, they are believed to be demonically possessed.

• @KevT downvoting me for facts. Fascinating. You probably think I’m a racist also? FYI critique of a religion is not ‘racist’.

You probably also think that the new terminator film was amazing and can’t wait for the final Star Wars film.

• @Sol I downvoted your Brexit nonsense. It's hard to think of a better use for the downvote arrow really. Maybe get over it - snowflake. Racist, Star Wars, I don't know what you are talking about but it sounds like you have spent too long on twitter.

• @KevT FYI I haven’t used Twitter in over 2 years. Brexit nonsense? Perhaps you can enlighten me which part of my ‘brexit nonsense’ butt hurt you so much? 😂

• Back to how brexit might affect fi...

Anyone know if EU have any control in gambling laws etc that will change any bits of fi?

Will it make it harder for FI to branch out to other countries?

• @Westy said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

Back to how brexit might affect fi...

Anyone know if EU have any control in gambling laws etc that will change any bits of fi?

Will it make it harder for FI to branch out to other countries?

There are no EU wide gambling laws. Each country sets their own, ironically expansion for FI would probably be a lot easier if the laws were set by the EU

• Just like the UK, Sweden is part of the EU and FI entered and left that country because of its changing domestic (not European) gambling laws.

Unless the UK does something extremely wacky with its future gambling laws, leaving the EU is not realistically going to make any difference.

Plus of course EU laws will continue to apply during the implementation period, which will likely extend to late 2021 anyway.

• I aren't so sure any form of Brexit will ever actually happen and it seems even less likely that a No Deal option would be used, so I wouldn't worry about it.

That said, a lot of the whales on FI, will have businesses that may need extra support, so there's a genuine risk of people pulling money from FI and a snowball effect could kick in.

There's also a fair few who might pre-empt the impact and pull out early.

Time will tell, but like all things Brexit, it's difficult to see an upside.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.