What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?

• I don't think Brexit will affect FI in any significant way whatsoever. It is a gambling platform and gambling always survives.

Brexit however when looked at logically is an absolute disaster. Ever since the announcement it has been a dark cloud of bad news over our country with supporters of Brexit clinging onto even the merest silver lining to try and dispell the obvious signs like the pound dropping like a stone.

Conservative politicians will happily tell you that no deal is possible and won't be a negative. Indeed it will probably go fine, if like them, you happen to own several houses and come from wealthy stock. For peasant folk like me with a significant mortgage, with many years to pay and who try to afford 10 days abroad a year, it doesn't seem to be likely to help in any way whatsoever and I'm yet to hear how it will be a benefit to me.

Most of the ills in our country come from our own government not the EU. The EU has been used as a scapegoat by our government ever since Thatcher and unfortunately unwarranted mud sticks.

• @Ericali this might be a strange concept to you, but this isn't about winners and losers, who's right and who's wrong.

It's about people's livelihoods, quality of life, job marketers and access to healthcare.

If we leave and it does turn out to be a worse case scenario, you can't just go back and undo it. You can't re plant the old factories that were moved abborad, or just pop the UKs economical position back to where it was before the vote, or give people back the jobs that don't exist anymore.

If we leave, id much rather be totally wrong.

• @Ericali
    I didn’t vote.
    Watch it though.

• Trump and Johnson in charge.
    Take a step back and you have to think WTF has the world come to.

• If we leave and it does turn out to be a worse case scenario, you can't just go back and undo it. You can't re plant the old factories that were moved abborad, or just pop the UKs economical position back to where it was before the vote, or give people back the jobs that don't exist anymore.

If we leave, id much rather be totally wrong.

Why can't we undo it? πŸ€”

Why can't we open new factories? why couldn't we rebound from a great depression? Why can't we encourage businesses from abroad?

Did we not just have a recession while in the EU? Was there not a global recession in the 1920s?

Did Britain not rebuild itself after 2 world wars?

Show a bit of optimism man. πŸ‘

You need a bit of can-do in you. Think positive. IF the shit hits the fan - dust yourself off & pick yourself up & go again.

One of life's great lessons, don't just quit & roll over if we fail - get up & go again!

• @NewUser69589 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali
    I didn’t vote.
    Watch it though.

Sounds riveting - if I ever find myself in a POW camp with spare time on my hands, I'll be sure to give it a whirl. πŸ‘

• @Ericali

You aren't describing progress. You are describing getting back to where we were before the vote involving rebuilding. That isn't optimism: it is a country in a mess going backwards. We should be making progress not clearing up our own mistakes for the next several years.

• @Alpilgrim said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

You aren't describing progress. You are describing getting back to where we were before the vote involving rebuilding. That isn't optimism: it is a country in a mess going backwards. We should be making progress not clearing up our own mistakes for the next several years.

You learn from mistakes - that's how you progress.

If it's the wrong call - we will know not to EVER do it again.

But we voted to leave - let us have a darn go at it! πŸ‘

• @Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Alpilgrim said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

Ah, the jumping in front of a train argument πŸ˜‚. If it doesn't go well, I'll know not to do it again.

Some things have so many warning signs that we don't need to do then to know. Jumping in front of a train and a no deal Brexit are just two of them.

• Oh my god.
    Fed up of Brexit talk.
    This post should be deleted.
    Let’s all sign up to Football Index and talk about Brexit.
    Great crack.
    Unbelievable.

However if I lose money on a player I will 100% be blaming Brexit and probably the Russians too. πŸ˜‚

• @Alpilgrim said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

Ah, the jumping in front of a train argument πŸ˜‚. If it doesn't go well, I'll know not to do it again.

Some things have so many warning signs that we don't need to do then to know. Jumping in front of a train and a no deal Brexit are just two of them.

On YOUR perception πŸ‘

I see the country flourishing regardless of deal or no deal.

I can see your argument, you can't see mine.

That's the difference, as a "vote leave" I can see & respect both sides. Unfortunately "remain voters" can't see anything but there own opinions... 😐

• @Ericali
    But you’ve got spare time to post repetitive drivel on here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• @Ericali so if you gamble all your life savings away, and spend the next 30 years working 3 jobs to 're build that and stop yourself losing your home, is that progress?

Also, if it is worse case scenario And we decide to remain EU in 10 years time. We won't be back where we started, the pound will still be in the toilet and people will still be significantly poorer than they were. It would still take several years to "get back to where we were" while other nations have potentially raced ahead.

• I'm from the North of Ireland, where the majority voted for remain, so I'm just praying we can maybe follow Scotland in breaking away from the UK (surely it's only a matter of time before they do), or have some sort of All-Ireland referendum so we can leave the UK and this Brexit shit show behind us πŸ˜‚

• @Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

On YOUR perception πŸ‘

I see the country flourishing regardless or deal or no deal.

I can see your argument, you can't see mine.

That's the difference, as a "vote leave" I can see & respect both sides. Unfortunately "remain voters" can't see anything but there own opinions... 😐

I'd largely accept a deal as a sign of democracy carried out. Indeed I came to accept that a Brexit with what a deal is what the country(including nearly all the over 70s who won't be here to help us make a 'success' of it, voted for despite my own views.

No deal however is a different story. It is very different to the type of Brexit anybody was sold on. How will it help us as a country? It will be very harmful.

• @NewUser303261 again.... Why would it take 30 years? πŸ€”

Have you got any historical data that back up these claims?

Was we not once outside the EU?

How did we do?

Pretty good. πŸ‘Œ

• @janner73 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

I know I said earlier I stay out of these conversations but here's my view.
    I wanted to remain in the EU - whilst not perfect in my view it was the lesser of 2 evils BUT I was not in the majority, we had a referendum and the vote was to leave.
    Therefore we all have to accept that decision and work together to make the best of it whether it was what we wanted or not. Sitting and moaning about it will change nothing, we are leaving as that is what the majority of those that voted wanted so now we have to exit and get over all the division that now exists in the country.

Probably the most correct and 100% genuinely factual posts ive seen on the subject.πŸ‘

• @Alpilgrim it's only a "no deal" to we make trade deals....

Then we will have a deal.

We will be on WTO until then, so we will still trade.

The EU want us to leave but not be able to discuss our own trade deals!

It's opressive North Korean dictatorship at its finest! 🀣

• @Ericali
    I bet you waste a lot of your time posting nonsense online.
    Might be better off in that POW camp πŸ˜‚

• @NewUser69589 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali
    I bet you waste a lot of your time posting nonsense online.
    Might be better off in that POW camp πŸ˜‚

Yep - that's a typical "remain" response from someone who can't accept democracy. πŸ‘

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.