What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?

• Alot of comments from both sides have commented on what the masses do or don't know what they are voting for.

I actually worked for a company that analysed data from political surveys and I can tell you for a fact that the over welming vast majority do not have any understanding of politics. I can't give you an exact number but it's significantly more than half the population.

That's not a shot at leavers, because that data isn't even from the referendum. The majority of Tory voters are Tory voters because there parents were. Same for Labour voters. The people that can be swung is a surprisingly small number, and many of them are swung by personality more than policy. If you had the time to ask everyone about their political opinions you would be shocked how little most people know about policy.

Politics is not taught, positions campaign dishonestly and few people do a good job of informing themselves. And that's not evening mentioning how little the experts themselves knew what brexit would actually look like.

So no, the masses did not know what they were voting for, for both sides and the same us true of every election.

• @MrWh1te I wonder is there a connection with those who voted Brexit and those who refuse or cannot see this as a Pyramid/Ponzi

• @speedloafer Funny you should mention a pyramid because you could describe the eu as one. We have three contributors at the bottom, we leave, the french leave. Germany will try their best for a while trying to be seen as the outward looking nation because they still feel the owe people for the war.
    Then... crash, bang, the pyramid falls down and everybody left in it are financially destroyed.

• @NewUser303261
    I wonder if this is the same in all countries.
    I know I was brought up being told (and still get told) that never to discuss religion or politics.

When voting for say, the X-Factor, only those who bother to find out about it vote. They watch the shows, the read the papers, they talk on social media and discuss with their friends.
    Then when it comes to politics, its 'don't talk about it' and they go on their own small perceptions.

Personally I think it should be discussed more, not less. It isn't a game show, it is our life.
    I also don't buy the argument 'we should vote because people died for it'.
    My wife doesn't vote. She says 'I can't be bothered to read about it or learn to understand it'. She just doesn't care.
    I do vote and spend a LOT of time researching.
    My mother-in-law voted leave 'because I don't understand so just copied my husband.
    MY father-in-law voted leave because he is racist.

Why should I get the same vote as the mother in law?
    That is why it is fucked.
    I spend hours and hours reading up, checking facts and discussing properly and my vote carries the same weight as karen from facebook.

• @Sol you've seen who we have in charge right and how the government have handled things? Where should we have this faith you speak of when our leaders are incompetent clowns?

• @MrWh1te I think it is the case in most democratic nations. Its easier to rule over a population that has been purposefully kept ignorant.

I agree if people spoke more openly and honestly about it things would improve. And if it was possible to keep it unbiased it would be great if it was introduced in the curriculum, just basic things like this is left wing policy, that's is right wing and this is what's in the middle. Just having a population that understood policies and base votes on that would improve. It would also pressure the ruling classes to be better rather than the shambles it's been particually over the last few years

• @MrWh1te The immigrants work harder is total crap, ur a teacher so I doubt you come into contact with many immigrants in your working life. 100% Eastern European’s do not work harder than brits.i bet you shop at Waitrose.

• @Sol

It’s difficult to have faith when no-one can get it done because it’s not simple. In 2016 Vote Leave promised we would have wonderful deals with everyone, the fact is this isn’t possible for a number of reasons all of which are too complex. Not least when all our politicians lie through their arses. E.g. there is a great video circulating of Liz Truss from an LBC interview.

I am a remainer, the logical solution to solving the crisis would be a soft-Brexit. Ultimately right now we’ll either leave and fuck our selves over or have another referendum. I think Erical makes some good points and I certainly can understand with his views.

What I will say is I agree businesses should pay higher wages, but they won’t and it’s a product of capitalism. It’s the same idea from Corbyn who wants to raise minimum wage to over £10. I see the logic but it puts smaller businesses out of business so in turn feeds the bigger corporations. Like I said, it’s the circle of life and the big fish always win unfortunately.

• @Mr-Random-number
    The laziest group of children (in general) are white, English kids.
    Our parents worked hard 'to give us the things we didn't have' and as a result we are lazy and spoilt.

• @Mr-Random-number
    And I was brought up poor. I shop at Aldi when I can, and Asda/Tesco when I can't.
    I wear £3 shoes and £2 trousers.

• @MrWh1te just taking issue with your point 5. From the House of Commons briefing paper Dec 2017.
    And there lies the problem. People resort to making their decision on emotion because there is so much misinformation spouted by both sides. As an aside the UK fishing industry with be worth £6 billion + post Brexit and more importantly it's something Spain, France Netherlands really need and is such a strong bargaining chip. I'd use it to divide and conquer if the EU didn't give us what we need.

0_1564923956162_IMG_6033.PNG

• @LittleFish
    Sorry I don't get what your point is?
    That is like 0.10% of the UK output or something?

• @LittleFish
    0_1564924882287_upload-69a80987-3497-4d7c-8c11-a0a621eb9217
    £132billion in banking, 49% in London.
    That's what, over £60 billion in London alone.

The fishing market is tiny and the EU could decimate our London financial services.

• @MrWh1te The point being your 'facts' on the UK fishing industry were clearly wrong. The London financial services industry did a pretty good job of destroying the U.K. Economy on their own.

• @LittleFish
    Which bit were wrong?

• @speedloafer said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Sol "Is this still going on" he says acting surprised like he hasnt been downvoting posts all morning. We can see your downvotes Sol you weirdo.

Don’t you have to touch up your purple hair today?

• @MrWh1te 11,000 employed in the fishing industry. It's twice that and that's after 40 years of the EU deliberately destroying it. Not as many as bankers in London granted but the fishing industry has an important social economic part to play in rural communities. It can't just be about money.
    #buyKingPog

• @Sol Sorry to shatter your little wanking session but im a 40 year old man. I don't know where you get this purple hair fantasy, maybe its everytime you see my name and look down at your throbbing cock or maybe you are wanking over those kid gamers I dunno, but leave me out of it you weirdo and go back to pretending your not reading this thread.

• @LittleFish
    You quoted a different figure.
    Mine related to people directly involved (11,000 fishermen).
    Yours related to how many involved in the industry (24,000 fishermen + support).

In addition, my point was it is a tiny market. You just backed me up on that.

That is the problem here. It is like playing chess with a pigeon. They lose but strut around like they won anyway :p

• @speedloafer said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Sol Sorry to shatter your little wanking session but im a 40 year old man. I don't know where you get this purple hair fantasy, maybe its everytime you see my name and look down at your throbbing cock or maybe you are wanking over those kid gamers I dunno, but leave me out of it you weirdo and go back to pretending your not reading this thread.

You need to seek help.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.