What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?

• A fair few people have talked about "scaremongering" like there are not away that.

The £ has dropped, and will continue to do so.

Dozens of companies have already pulled manufacturing out of the UK, leaving thousands of people out of work.

Other big name companies saying they may do the same. Leading to more job losses.

That the people that campaigned brexit, are now giving a totally different narrative of what brexit means.

We have a total clown in charge of the country and a government that's a total shambles.

An opposition with a leader so weak he's not able to do anything to appose the symbolic government.

• @NewUser303261
    Please don't hit them with facts, they don't like that.

• To be honest what chance have we all got when the people running the country and not just this 1 are more corrupt than your average jo. Bored of all the brexit talk hope they just hurry up and leave like the majority of people wanted

• @MrWh1te but if those people are so skilled presumably they will open a new company and bring manufacturing back to the UK and become a major competitor with a superior product at a fair price?

• @MrWh1te the fact that they still say Project fear yet the arse has fallen out of the £ and companies have already sold up and fucked off, its hilarious.

Oh and "Donald is smart he wants the EU on its arse when they trade" forgetting the fact that when we trade under no deal we will be the ones on our arse.

• It's a well known (and possibly apocryphal ) fact that gambling thrives in times of economic crisis so if it goes tits up FI will benefit, if it doesn't, it will continue to thrive as it has been doing.

As for the Brexit debate, my position has always been simple. Whether you voted leave or remain doesn't matter, we're one country, and you're all cunts.

• Pipe down remoaners - you lost.

Let us leave & make a go of it before bombarding all & sundry with your doomsday scenario's.

Accept democracy - if we fail, remain will sweep the next but one election & we will all bow down & kiss your feet & never doubt your superior knowledge again.

Until then, suck it up & let the country get on with it.

Imagine if we actually flourish & make a success of it though? 🤔

Scary thought for you guys that must be......

• I know I said earlier I stay out of these conversations but here's my view.
    I wanted to remain in the EU - whilst not perfect in my view it was the lesser of 2 evils BUT I was not in the majority, we had a referendum and the vote was to leave.
    Therefore we all have to accept that decision and work together to make the best of it whether it was what we wanted or not. Sitting and moaning about it will change nothing, we are leaving as that is what the majority of those that voted wanted so now we have to exit and get over all the division that now exists in the country.

• @janner73 amen to that balenced view 👍

• @Ericali Its the only way the country will move forward - throwing toys out the pram will achieve nothing.

• @NewUser303261
    Haha great post
    So many idiots just read and believe the nonsense in the tabloids / social media and vote accordingly.
    It’s laughable how gullible the public is in this country.

Watch The Great Hack on Netflix. Clearly demonstrates how to get fools to vote for you.

• @NewUser69589 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@NewUser303261
    Haha great post
    So many idiots just read and believe the nonsense in the tabloids / social media and vote accordingly.
    It’s laughable how gullible the public is in this country.

Watch The Great Hack on Netflix. Clearly demonstrates how to get fools to vote for you.

Never watched that.....

Is that why you voted remain? 😉

• I don't think Brexit will affect FI in any significant way whatsoever. It is a gambling platform and gambling always survives.

Brexit however when looked at logically is an absolute disaster. Ever since the announcement it has been a dark cloud of bad news over our country with supporters of Brexit clinging onto even the merest silver lining to try and dispell the obvious signs like the pound dropping like a stone.

Conservative politicians will happily tell you that no deal is possible and won't be a negative. Indeed it will probably go fine, if like them, you happen to own several houses and come from wealthy stock. For peasant folk like me with a significant mortgage, with many years to pay and who try to afford 10 days abroad a year, it doesn't seem to be likely to help in any way whatsoever and I'm yet to hear how it will be a benefit to me.

Most of the ills in our country come from our own government not the EU. The EU has been used as a scapegoat by our government ever since Thatcher and unfortunately unwarranted mud sticks.

• @Ericali this might be a strange concept to you, but this isn't about winners and losers, who's right and who's wrong.

It's about people's livelihoods, quality of life, job marketers and access to healthcare.

If we leave and it does turn out to be a worse case scenario, you can't just go back and undo it. You can't re plant the old factories that were moved abborad, or just pop the UKs economical position back to where it was before the vote, or give people back the jobs that don't exist anymore.

If we leave, id much rather be totally wrong.

• @Ericali
    I didn’t vote.
    Watch it though.

• Trump and Johnson in charge.
    Take a step back and you have to think WTF has the world come to.

• If we leave and it does turn out to be a worse case scenario, you can't just go back and undo it. You can't re plant the old factories that were moved abborad, or just pop the UKs economical position back to where it was before the vote, or give people back the jobs that don't exist anymore.

If we leave, id much rather be totally wrong.

Why can't we undo it? 🤔

Why can't we open new factories? why couldn't we rebound from a great depression? Why can't we encourage businesses from abroad?

Did we not just have a recession while in the EU? Was there not a global recession in the 1920s?

Did Britain not rebuild itself after 2 world wars?

Show a bit of optimism man. 👍

You need a bit of can-do in you. Think positive. IF the shit hits the fan - dust yourself off & pick yourself up & go again.

One of life's great lessons, don't just quit & roll over if we fail - get up & go again!

• @NewUser69589 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali
    I didn’t vote.
    Watch it though.

Sounds riveting - if I ever find myself in a POW camp with spare time on my hands, I'll be sure to give it a whirl. 👍

• @Ericali

You aren't describing progress. You are describing getting back to where we were before the vote involving rebuilding. That isn't optimism: it is a country in a mess going backwards. We should be making progress not clearing up our own mistakes for the next several years.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.