What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?

• @Alpilgrim said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

You aren't describing progress. You are describing getting back to where we were before the vote involving rebuilding. That isn't optimism: it is a country in a mess going backwards. We should be making progress not clearing up our own mistakes for the next several years.

You learn from mistakes - that's how you progress.

If it's the wrong call - we will know not to EVER do it again.

But we voted to leave - let us have a darn go at it! πŸ‘

• @Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Alpilgrim said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

You aren't describing progress. You are describing getting back to where we were before the vote involving rebuilding. That isn't optimism: it is a country in a mess going backwards. We should be making progress not clearing up our own mistakes for the next several years.

Ah, the jumping in front of a train argument πŸ˜‚. If it doesn't go well, I'll know not to do it again.

Some things have so many warning signs that we don't need to do then to know. Jumping in front of a train and a no deal Brexit are just two of them.

• Oh my god.
    Fed up of Brexit talk.
    This post should be deleted.
    Let’s all sign up to Football Index and talk about Brexit.
    Great crack.
    Unbelievable.

However if I lose money on a player I will 100% be blaming Brexit and probably the Russians too. πŸ˜‚

• @Alpilgrim said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

Ah, the jumping in front of a train argument πŸ˜‚. If it doesn't go well, I'll know not to do it again.

Some things have so many warning signs that we don't need to do then to know. Jumping in front of a train and a no deal Brexit are just two of them.

On YOUR perception πŸ‘

I see the country flourishing regardless of deal or no deal.

I can see your argument, you can't see mine.

That's the difference, as a "vote leave" I can see & respect both sides. Unfortunately "remain voters" can't see anything but there own opinions... 😐

• @Ericali
    But you’ve got spare time to post repetitive drivel on here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• @Ericali so if you gamble all your life savings away, and spend the next 30 years working 3 jobs to 're build that and stop yourself losing your home, is that progress?

Also, if it is worse case scenario And we decide to remain EU in 10 years time. We won't be back where we started, the pound will still be in the toilet and people will still be significantly poorer than they were. It would still take several years to "get back to where we were" while other nations have potentially raced ahead.

• I'm from the North of Ireland, where the majority voted for remain, so I'm just praying we can maybe follow Scotland in breaking away from the UK (surely it's only a matter of time before they do), or have some sort of All-Ireland referendum so we can leave the UK and this Brexit shit show behind us πŸ˜‚

@Ericali said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali

On YOUR perception πŸ‘

I see the country flourishing regardless or deal or no deal.

I can see your argument, you can't see mine.

That's the difference, as a "vote leave" I can see & respect both sides. Unfortunately "remain voters" can't see anything but there own opinions... 😐

I'd largely accept a deal as a sign of democracy carried out. Indeed I came to accept that a Brexit with what a deal is what the country(including nearly all the over 70s who won't be here to help us make a 'success' of it, voted for despite my own views.

No deal however is a different story. It is very different to the type of Brexit anybody was sold on. How will it help us as a country? It will be very harmful.

• @NewUser303261 again.... Why would it take 30 years? πŸ€”

Have you got any historical data that back up these claims?

Was we not once outside the EU?

How did we do?

Pretty good. πŸ‘Œ

• @janner73 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

I know I said earlier I stay out of these conversations but here's my view.
    I wanted to remain in the EU - whilst not perfect in my view it was the lesser of 2 evils BUT I was not in the majority, we had a referendum and the vote was to leave.
    Therefore we all have to accept that decision and work together to make the best of it whether it was what we wanted or not. Sitting and moaning about it will change nothing, we are leaving as that is what the majority of those that voted wanted so now we have to exit and get over all the division that now exists in the country.

Probably the most correct and 100% genuinely factual posts ive seen on the subject.πŸ‘

• @Alpilgrim it's only a "no deal" to we make trade deals....

Then we will have a deal.

We will be on WTO until then, so we will still trade.

The EU want us to leave but not be able to discuss our own trade deals!

It's opressive North Korean dictatorship at its finest! 🀣

• @Ericali
    I bet you waste a lot of your time posting nonsense online.
    Might be better off in that POW camp πŸ˜‚

• @NewUser69589 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali
    I bet you waste a lot of your time posting nonsense online.
    Might be better off in that POW camp πŸ˜‚

Yep - that's a typical "remain" response from someone who can't accept democracy. πŸ‘

• My issue with Brexit, regardless of who won, is 'Did people really know what they were voting for'? I'll use the Β£350m bus advert as an example. Lies like this would obviously influence peoples opinion. After the last three years of brexit shambles, would leave now win? Nobody knows, and i'm guessing most people don't care any more.

If/when we leave I hope it works out well, though I have my doubts.

I don't trust Boris and the Tories, but Corbyn doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either!

• @Ericali
    Weird response. I did say I didn’t vote.
    8 months and you’ve posted 2800 times on here alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You must be a right rat on Twitter, Facebook etc πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Sad

• @Ericali I wasn't stating it was30 years. Was just using an example about how spending lots of them and effort to get back what you lost is not progress. That point still stands.

• @NewUser69589 said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

@Ericali
    Weird response. I did say I didn’t vote.
    8 months and you’ve posted 2800 times on here alone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You must be a right rat on Twitter, Facebook etc πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Sad

I don't do Facebook, social media in general is not for me. I leave that to the 16-28 crowdπŸ‘(it's not my bag) I've joined Twitter, but only in March - purely for Football Index reasons.

2,800 posts - I can't half chat can I? 🀣

I just checked - I've had over 1,000 profile views too, but probably 990+ are from a stalker like you, so they don't count 😎

• @Mr-Random-number said in What could a No Deal Brexit do for the index?:

Oh dear here we go again. Yet again the people who voted leave seem to be the cool calm ones whilst the ones who voted remain that can’t except defeat (also the ones who actually created β€˜the divide’) are showing themselves to still be full of hatred along with their filthy vocabulary.

Better to just end this topic now. πŸ‘

i feel like iv entered the twilight zone reading your comment. You blame the other camp for creating a divide but have simultaneously used language to paint one camp as 'good' and the other camp as 'bad'?

The divide came the moment they presented the question in such an arrogant and ill thought out manner without any reference to actual details. With the way it has turned out they have created 52% of the voting electorate as 'masters' and 48% of the voting electorate as 'slaves'. That is where the divide has come from. The moment you turn this into a discussion about the righteous vs the unrighteous, you fuel the flames of the divide you claim that others do.

If you take issue with people questioning the result and how people have reacted then fair enough. If you want to say 'thats the result, now shut up, stop moaning' then its normal a loud minority the 48% of electoral 'slaves' will push back against a loud minority the 52% electoral 'masters'. Because 'shut up' is just a tactic tyrants use to shut down dialogue and tyrants are usually met with opposition.

This whole brexit issue kinda mirrors zimbardos stanford prison experiment findings in an eerie kinda way.

@Alpilgrim it's only a "no deal" to we make trade deals....

Then we will have a deal.

We will be on WTO until then, so we will still trade.

The EU want us to leave but not be able to discuss our own trade deals!

It's opressive North Korean dictatorship at its finest! 🀣

It takes years to negotiate trade deals and in that time a significant proportion of what we trade may have decamped to the EU anyway. Furthermore we will be in a pretty desperate negotiating position and certainly won't have the upper hand which in turn impacts on the success of deals we negotiate. People cling to WTO like it's a lifeline. WTO terms are terrible compared to what we currently benefit from.

Sadly our country will probably fall back on its more despicable money making routes i.e. arms dealing. We sadly sell a lot of arms to countries with human rights issues and that isn't the sign of a great country.

We can't go back to what Great Britain was: a global bully stealing other people's land and enslaving their populations to serve us.

• Some have been saying the UK can prosper outside the EU as a great nation.

Do I think it's possible to leave the EU and be ok? Yes I do.

But have you seen the clowns we have in charge? There is no way they are going to make anything of this other then a real royal shit show and it's going to have so many long standing conciquences.

Under different leadership of probably be less apposed to brexit. But we have Boris, a symbolic government and a weak opposition so I can't see anything other than the worst version of it playing out.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.