Liverpool strikers

• Just after a little advice from those in the know. Looking at adding a Liverpool striker before prem kick off on Friday but not sure how they are likely to line up? Salah and Mané has AFCON and Copa America for Firmino. Surely they can’t give them all extra holiday so any thoughts on who is most likely to start?

• Salah and firminho both started the last friendly, so I'd imagine those 2 will start, but 3rd I'm not sure, hopefully Brewster will get some game time though

• @Thatguy Salah and Firminio are back already and both played a part against Lyon in midweek. Mane is back in training on Monday.
    I would guess they will go with Salah, Firminio and Origi against Norwich.

• Cheers all. Think I'll go with the obvious choice and just take a few Salah then, not really sure why but I don't have much confidence in Firmino to return much

• Salah & Firmino will both get 45 mins tomorrow.

Origi will probably get the full 90.

Brewster, Shaqiri & Wilson will probably be hoping for 45mins but only 2 of them will get it.

• I struggle to see any of those winning many divs this season though and try and avoid the youth bubble. Probably only 1/10 of these young talents will ever become much use on here and just to risky for me

• Is Brewster injured?
    If not not making the bench instead of one of those attacking mids doesn’t bode well for him at least this season. Does it?

• @Timothee-Atouba maybe resting him for the 1st game??

• @Timothee-Atouba well according to every Liverpool fan they keep not playing him to rest him for the next game, and then he doesn’t play the next game!! So maybe they’re resting him ready for a game in November, who knows 😉

• I think his closing down is actually very good, but Kloppo is very strict about what his front three have to do. It’s probably more about focus than anything else

• I think Brewster didn't quite take his chance in preseason as many hoped he would. He'll definitely get more chances though: maybe over the busier spells towards Christmas.

• @Alpilgrim said in Liverpool strikers:

I think Brewster didn't quite take his chance in preseason as many hoped he would. He'll definitely get more chances though: maybe over the busier spells towards Christmas.

want he there top scorer in pre season? . klopp said hes not going to give him game after game in quick succession coming off a 12 month serious injury

• @shilly That’s understandable, but not making the bench with Mane unavailable can only be a negative. It’s not like he’s just had or about to get 90 mins.

• @shilly said in Liverpool strikers:

@Alpilgrim said in Liverpool strikers:

I think Brewster didn't quite take his chance in preseason as many hoped he would. He'll definitely get more chances though: maybe over the busier spells towards Christmas.

want he there top scorer in pre season? . klopp said hes not going to give him game after game in quick succession coming off a 12 month serious injury

I'm not sure top scorer counts for much when you factor in that 3 out of the 4 goals seem to be against Bradford and Tranmere. The 4th, somewhat more impressively, was against Dortmund but was a penalty.

• Towards the end of last season he was 8th choice upfront behind:

Salah
    Mane
    Firminho
    Shaqiri
    Sturridge
    Origi
    Wijnaldum

Not a great deal going to change in 2 months

• @Alpilgrim said in Liverpool strikers:

@shilly said in Liverpool strikers:

@Alpilgrim said in Liverpool strikers:

I'm not sure top scorer counts for much when you factor in that 3 out of the 4 goals seem to be against Bradford and Tranmere. The 4th, somewhat more impressively, was against Dortmund but was a penalty.

you said he didnt take his chance as expected, what else would he be expected to do in pre season, hes a very young man whose had serious injury, would be insane to do too much with him in what are essentially "getting fit" matches.

• On Brewster it's quite easy to read between the lines that Kloop will give him the minutes to move up the pecking order. I can see him getting plenty of time in the champions League and also should feature in the super cup this month.

I don't view his exclusion from the squad today as overly negative, its not a sprint with a player whom is 19 and having his first full senior season.

On the actual question Salah is king, posted great stats today against the best team in the league and looked sharp.

• Brewster will play load this season, he’s probably 5th choice. I am a Liverpool fan so have been following pre season a fair bit. Brewster has played less as he’s struggled with the intensity of pre-season as it went on, it’s his first pre season and he’s coming back off a year off.

Basically he will get good minutes but likely to be be from September onwards.

• @ChazFI123 I'm not a liverpool fan. Far from it.... although I am a holder....🤣

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.