Marcus Rashford - Are traders giving him once last chance?

• Hey Guys

There was a huge hype about Marcus Rashford almost exactly 2 years ago (25th Feb 2016) when he scored two goals against Midtjylland in the Europa League and then on 28th Feb 2016 scored two again, this time against Arsenal....

Fast forward two years and it is a whole different story....the first question we have to ask is, has he improved in these two years? short answer NO, long answer A LITTLE....

Van Gaal had belief that Rashford was a great player and would go from strength to strength but once Van Gaal left Rashford's confidence seemed to be effected and as for Mourinho, well....he does not seem to be giving him confidence and playing him as much as he should be to prove his worth but in the end why would he play him with big names like Martial, Sanchez and Pogba taking up different positions in the team !!

Rashford's price seems to be staying steady at the moment at £3.48 (belief from the traders) and with the World Cup just around the corner maybe there is one last chance for Rashford to prove himself to the world....If he has a decent World Cup then the big clubs will come knocking at his door and his price could shoot as high as £7.00? (Chelsea are already rumored to be interested in him !!) but if he fails then he could end up on the 'what could have been' pile.

Thanks for reading and let me know you opinions on Rashford's future...

Cheers

AndyP

• As a Utd fan I can’t help but feel Mourinho has sucked the life from rashford, I don’t want him to but feel he may leave in the summer and probably needs to to fill his potential, I think he can be world class and would have high prospect of both MB and PB scores if he gets the right team and manager around him

• @AndyP32 said in Marcus Rashford - Are traders giving him once last chance?:

Hey Guys

There was a huge hype about Marcus Rashford almost exactly 2 years ago (25th Feb 2016) when he scored two goals against Midtjylland in the Europa League and then on 28th Feb 2016 scored two again, this time against Arsenal....

Fast forward two years and it is a whole different story....the first question we have to ask is, has he improved in these two years? short answer NO, long answer A LITTLE....

Van Gaal had belief that Rashford was a great player and would go from strength to strength but once Van Gaal left and various managers took the regin then Rashford's confidence seemed to be effected and as for Mourinho, well....he does not seem to be giving him confidence and playing him as much as he should be to prove his worth but in the end why would he play him with big names like Martial, Sanchez and Pogba taking up different positions in the team !!

Rashford's price seems to be staying steady at the moment at £3.48 (belief from the traders) and with the World Cup just around the corner maybe there is one last chance for Rashford to prove himself to the world....If he has a decent World Cup then the big clubs will come knocking at his door and his price could shoot as high as £7.00? (Chelsea are already rumored to be interested in him !!) but if he fails then he could end up on the 'what could have been' pile.

Thanks for reading and let me know you opinions on Rashford's future...

Cheers

AndyP

I don’t think Chelsea would help his price. Morata Giroud both well less than him same with Arsenal PEA at £3 other striker two something spurs have Kane and son not so dear Man Untd if he leaves them he would go down however has long as at Man U and on plane he’s still room to grow is my view but not 100% sure on him maybe like my a small dabble. Myself at moment I’m liking that man from Lazio Immobile at Sub £2

• Got as far as various managers after Van Gaal and couldn't get any further... Unless you mean England managers as he's only had one club manager after Van Gaal? IMO he's dead money, way over priced and he doest play.

• @Pierrey2129 sorry, i thought Giggs and Moyes were after Van Gaal, i'll edit....

• @AndyP32 nah I was being a pedant mate. Wondered about Giggs but came to the conclusion that he was after Moyes and before Van Gaal.

But anyway, I don't get Rashfords price and can only assume he's propped up on last year's performances. The lad just doesn't play and there's not many of them at £3+ I can think of much better uses of £3 on the index, don't care how much you paid for him

• You would think he would Start in the World Cup.

What is he 20years old, he is a good hold for next season and beyond.

He has shown to much talent to flop.

Also look at Kane’s price. Rashford could go that high eventually. ( English forward and at Utd ).

I’m a Utd fan also, he would be so good in a 442 playing with the big lump up top. Whether we will see it while Jose is here I don’t know.

• @NewUser60527 said in Marcus Rashford - Are traders giving him once last chance?:

You would think he would Start in the World Cup.

What is he 20years old, he is a good hold for next season and beyond.

He has shown to much talent to flop.

Also look at Kane’s price. Rashford could go that high eventually. ( English forward and at Utd ).

I’m a Utd fan also, he would be so good in a 442 playing with the big lump up top. Whether we will see it while Jose is here I don’t know.

Being a united fan you will know that your one of biggest clubs in world however media buzz wise the biggest on FI. Has such for price to rise he needs to stay play and devalop at Man U

• I don’t see why he wont develop. He has actually played a lot of games this season.

I remember Andy Cole getting slaughtered by the media at Utd for missing chances and he did great in the end. In fact every utd striker gets scrutinised at utd, hence media buzz.

Rashford will get goals, play for England and be a brilliant striker, people just need patience.

• @NewUser60527 said in Marcus Rashford - Are traders giving him once last chance?:

I don’t see why he wont develop. He has actually played a lot of games this season.

I remember Andy Cole getting slaughtered by the media at Utd for missing chances and he did great in the end. In fact every utd striker gets scrutinised at utd, hence media buzz.

Rashford will get goals, play for England and be a brilliant striker, people just need patience.

The thing with being patient on here is 1.. is it dead money whilst you wait? 2.. is it served better invested elsewhere? 3... how much you have to invest 4.... volume you have or want in Marcus 5... ultimately is the Marcus money better elsewhere 6... hold sell leave or buy back at different price... all factors... a striker at United at his age is cheap but it’s still over £3 a pop nearly two x Ciro who’s winning buzz at moment for long time I’ve had static Lamela but like Marcus just a good game away from a market response we all have views and opinions which makes the platform special and not sure if there’s a right way he’s got age best club for FI and media and a World Cup all should be good I hope for him

• Assuming he makes the squad, his price should rise for the world cup - as a young forward, he will capture media. That's really the only reason his price is holding up not that traders are giving him 'on last chance'. I'm holding but would have sold a while ago but for that. Not interested in waiting 3 years for him to develop.

Whereas in reality a Lewis Cook making the world cup should logically have zero impact on price as he wont make a dividend, someone like Rashford would light up the media if he made an impact so there could be a run on him.

• I think any top striker who is English is going to be ove £5 eventually as the media is constant. Other than Kane England are pretty short.

As for Cook his ceiling is prob near £2 so plenty of room for growth there.

Considering Winks and Wilshire have been near £2 I don’t see why he wouldn’t.

He Won the youth world up or something and captain so i would have thought one that Southgate is looking at and gets game time at Bournemouth, i imagine he will get sold in the summer.

• The only stalling point for Rashford is that Mourinho seems to lack faith, and rarely plays him as an out-and-out striker (actually... rarely plays him at all).

He'll play for England, which is why I've just literally jumped in on him- he's not going to drop much lower (IMO) so now was the perfect time.

I'm not expecting ANY PB from him, but he'll rise with the expectation of some MB due to, as someone rightly said, being English and a United player.

• @Matt369 agreed, mourinho does have a rep for not liking players. avoiding him and pogba for now

• From an FI perspective I think the 'potential' Rashford has is what is keeping his price relatively stable and he's still young enough to get better especially with England and we all see him as a natural goalscorer who could go on to become a top top player over time... Problem with Rashford is probably more of a culture/manager/system thing.... The culture for 'instant success' means at United he doesn't have the flexibility to grow as a player over time, the fact Mourinho is very much about 'instant success' means a young talent like Rashford won't get the game time he needs to develop and the system thing is another that annoys me... Gone are the days of 4-4-2 (for now) replaced by one target man or a false nine and any striker with a bit of pace ends up playing out wide and doing doggys tracking back everytime their own full back gets caught out.... Rashford to me is a goalscorer, that scored goals at all ages at United, but (like Walcott) will probably have to sacrifice that for the modern day 'team ethics' that managers and coaches now want. He simply doesn't fit in with the Mourinho philosophy and to do well he either needs a move (which will be a really big shame) or Mourinho needs to go??? Failing that, an injury to Alexis or Lukaku aside I don't see him being a regular feature at United?

• Rashford has actually made the second most appearances for United this season. 20 starts and 18 from the bench. Lukaku has the most. I think Jose does rate him but he is still a young lad so hasn’t started as much as he will have wanted. The sub appearances won’t be helping people on here though. I would give it at least another season before I would write him off as a top player for United, even then I’m sure he would score goals at a new club so would be worth holding on to.

• I wouldn't write him off as a United star... and I certainly wouldn't cash out just yet as I believe he has a big future... I just don't think United get the best out of him because the way they play and the way they set up and the way they rotate their squad which has a knock on effect to his FI value.

I want to see players like Rashford up top and scoring goals... I just feel Mourinho's style may stop him progressing as a player and that's sad because only a year back we were talking about England's best young thing. Lets hope he doesn't become another Jack Wilshere or Ross Barkley!!!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.