Nothing for Man Utd ?

• After selling Lukaku finally for £70 million +, are Man Utd surely not going to sign anyone within the next 2 hr, 22 mins?
    Very quiet over there considering...

• Won't sign anyone, £15 million net spend this year, it's what happens when you're ran by bank managers!!

• @gball1975 I'd love us to go for Fernandes, but to be honest, if it means Angel Gomes finally gets a proper run in the team I won't be too gutted. Ndidi would have been nice too, but more chance of signing Pele than getting someone else out of Leicester.

• @Jimbob I really hope you're not too gutted in an FI sense, not in terms of Utd next season

• @Jimbob Haven't Reading just signed Pele????

It is possible!!!

• Everyone is going so overboard, the team is miles better than last year, martial back to being a 9, a decent right and centre back, pogba staying. James a proper winger.
    Yes another mid would have been nice but I’d rather they get the right player in Jan or next summer.
    Some really good kids coming through aswell.

• @Tom77 You genuinely believe that Rashford/Martial can be depended on to score 20-25 goals a season? and you think that midfield can play at home to Man City/Liverpool/Spurs and keep the ball and dominate the game? Yes the defence has improved a lot, but the midfield is shocking, take Pogba out of the equation and you probably wouldn't have a midfielder that would start in any other top 8 team

• @ChazFI123 said in Nothing for Man Utd ?:

@Jimbob I really hope you're not too gutted in an FI sense, not in terms of Utd next season

Ha. Both mate, Angel is sick. Of course I'd like us to go out and buy the best available, but why have an academy if you're not gonna use it? Didn't Gomes captain a world cup winning side a couple of years ago? United fans used to take the piss out of Blackburn, Chelsea and Citeh for buying trophies, and now a few years without a league title and were supposed to do the same? Tuanzebe and Laird are perhaps not ready so the best possible English replacements were brought in at RB and CB. Gomes and Greengoat are ready, so perhaps we don't need Fernandes and a Lukaku replacement.

• @Jimbob I agree that Greenwood and Gomes have big futures but to depend the season on them now is suicide. If you genuinely think that United will climb the table after losing Herrera in midfield and replacing him with Gomes then fair enough, but just look at the improvements that other teams are making and the gap will just get bigger. Man City could play their reserve midfield and it would dominate against United's first choice

• @ChazFI123 said in Nothing for Man Utd ?:

@Tom77 You genuinely believe that Rashford/Martial can be depended on to score 20-25 goals a season? and you think that midfield can play at home to Man City/Liverpool/Spurs and keep the ball and dominate the game? Yes the defence has improved a lot, but the midfield is shocking, take Pogba out of the equation and you probably wouldn't have a midfielder that would start in any other top 8 team

They could get 20 each, look, both have been subjected to playing left and right win back under Jose, now they are off the leash a bit.

Ole has played rash and martial both as strikers in pre season with James as a winger either right or left. Martial and rash will get chances I’m sure to get enough goals. Both are class players.

• Mctominay has played very well in pre season.

Mctominay/pogba
    Lingard

That will be the starting mid set up.

• @Tom77 said in Nothing for Man Utd ?:

Mctominay has played very well in pre season.

Mctominay/pogba
    Lingard

You could be right there pal, but I would expect Angel to challenge Jesse for that spot soon enough. A little concerned about Matic though, hope Mctomtom can nail that place down.

• Getting rid of 1 rotten apple is better than 5 new signings!!! Come on Greenwood! Fill your boots soon!😁

• @Jimbob said in Nothing for Man Utd ?:

@Tom77 said in Nothing for Man Utd ?:

Mctominay has played very well in pre season.

Mctominay/pogba
    Lingard

You could be right there pal, but I would expect Angel to challenge Jesse for that spot soon enough. A little concerned about Matic though, hope Mctomtom can nail that place down.

Gomez could really be special but he isn't ready for a first team spot at all. Mctominay is the suprise he has done really well but he has been around that team for 2 years..... ( matic will be benched I’m sure for most games).

• @Tom77 Mate, I like your optimism as a Utd fan I really do, but our midfield is literally 1 injury (i.e. Pogba) away from being a crisis. You're having a laugh if you think we can depend on McTominay, Fred and Pereira for the whole season, no chance

• I like Mctominay, He is a Carrick,Scholes and Fletcher all rolled into 1.. Big hopes for him, But devastated all the hype over Dybala, Erikson, Fernandes etc, only to sign nobody...

• @Andy please help me in here mate!! it's like everyone's being told what to say by the Glazers and Woodward!!

• I lose so much money on Bruno i`m almost deprest! Anyone knows we need him in our midfield... only Woody NO!

• It's a double whammy for United. Not only have they not strengthened but have killed most supporters optimism for the season. Means if results aren't going their way early season the fans will turn on the board and create a pretty toxic environment. It would have been worth bringing in an exciting player (even if they ended up a flop) to get the fans optimistic which would be worth points in itself

• @ChazFI123 Mate honestly, I feel like you're one of the few people that have agreed with me regarding Utd's transfer window this summer. It's a joke and borderline disgrace how we haven't signed a midfielder. People are actually crazy if they think our midfield is anywhere near good enough for a rebuild/top 4.

If people think we can rely on youth for the whole of this season, we'll be lucky to make top 6 I'll be honest. Don't get me wrong, I think Gomes/Chong/Greenwood will be fantastic but they are no where near ready to be playing consistently in the league.