McTominay

• What you think to this lad? Fergie loves him. 21 years old. Herrera out injured which means he should start against Chelsea, Liverpool and Sevilla in the coming weeks. Hes already rose by 18p this week.

I think you could make a fair comparison to Harry winks who peaked at £1.60 when he broke into Spurs side. Born in England so think he will choose to play for England.

Still got 50p-£1 growth in him if he stays in the United side until the end of the season.

• @UnbelievableJeff
    Sour point I bought him at penny’s he dropped 10p and I sold then he shoots up

• Harry winks has played 10 of his 14 starts at centre mid, defensive midfielders are never worth as much.

• I think McTominay will be a regular for the rest of the season. IMO makes him more valuable than Winks as hes at United. To see Winks peak to £1.60 after 10/14 starts, this guy can do the same.

• @UnbelievableJeff said in McTominay:

What you think to this lad? Fergie loves him. 21 years old. Herrera out injured which means he should start against Chelsea, Liverpool and Sevilla in the coming weeks. Hes already rose by 18p this week.

I think you could make a fair comparison to Harry winks who peaked at £1.60 when he broke into Spurs side. Born in England so think he will choose to play for England.

Still got 50p-£1 growth in him if he stays in the United side until the end of the season.

When both winks and Tammy got a call up there price spiked but dropped after so if he gets Call maybe same could happen but not a player I hold anymore and not seen much of so I can only compare to above

• Was very impressed yesterday and Mourinho says he can add goals to his games which if he does.... Are we talking about comparisons to Milinkovic-Savic? I think he could be an outsider for the England WC squad and a big unit (just as Jose likes them) won't get pushed around so could be a big player for United in years to come?

• He has clearly done well since entering the side, but I do have some reservations about his MB and PB potential. Being a first team midfielder at Mourinho’s Man Utd is no guarantor of a high yield. Matic alongside him is 83p, Herrera is 78p. Players like Kante and Dier performing similar roles at big clubs are also cheaper.

If he starts scoring, and opts to play for England, then definitely in line for a big big jump. But I’m holding off for now.

• To be clear I don't think he's MB or PB potential (unless like Mourinho says he adds goals to his game), I do see a quick flip opportunity though with getting in early enough for his price to rise 0.40 or so? any potential call ups will significantly boost his price and with a lack of that style midfielder at the minute he could certainly answer a few questions for England??

• Don’t really watch Man U games and know nothing about this lad however from my reading of the situation he’s more of a Dier Wanyama than a Winks after the reply’s and at weekend I bought more Wanyama with him being class in defensive midfield the reality is defensive midfields are worth less than defenders on here coz they rarely score don’t pass like playmakers and don’t get 40 points for a clean sheet so ceiling price shouldn’t ever get near £2 maybe I’m wrong but wanyana at 69p seems like for like with a dearer priced SM

• Winks will prob be in the world cup squad. He will be £2 I imagine.

McTominay will be loaned out next season.

United will buy a big name cm this summer.

• When I first joined I would have said all defensive midfielders, defensive minded players, defenders etc were worthless but I now think only goalkeepers are a complete waste of space on this game. Any 'young' player has the potential to grow in value as we've often seen and this can be down to a few starts bit of press and us 'sheep' jumping on the bandwagon but that gives us another strategy option to MB/PB called 'flip' which i'm quite liking right now.

Take the not so young (at 26) Vazquez recently - a few starts for Real Madrid a couple of decent performances and his price shoots up 0.20 in 7 days.... Anyone that got on McTominay last week (well done to those that did) would have made money this week... Really quite simple??

And whilst positionally McTominay & Wanyama may be similar I do think there are a lot of differences which can make either player appealing depending on strategy? McTominay could increase in value higher quicker due to simply being 'younger' and more fashionable at a club that the papers like? Also with a view to him potentially being called up for the international team he is a young English player which will attract the English fans and English media with plenty of buzz should he be on the verge of a call up.... Wanyama whilst he's almost half as cheap offers little goal threat (or buzz in any format) for Spurs, but one week where he flukes one in from 30 yards and bundles one in off his backside and all of a sudden he's worth 20p more!!!!! And if he ever wants away from Spurs??? Well we've all seen how that effects players prices?? My thoughts however are he's not likely to score twice in a game (to win a PB) and he's not yet wanting to move clubs... So whilst I agree McTominay is dearer and more of a 'gamble' those higher stakes mean higher faster returns whilst a steady bet on Wanyama may get you a few pence over a few years unless he does something drastic to change that??

• @dannypea

Wanyamas last start was sure due to Dier covering for Jan V however I think Dier is 1/8 to be on the plane I can’t see SM getting his spot in Russia but could happen I bought him got bored with him and sold at 65p or something a bad move. I Don’t fully get Diers appeal but Southgate does

• Everything Mourinho is saying the lad has a big future. Will be interesting to see the England squad forthcoming, Scotland sniffing around I wonder which way he will go?

• Bookies have Mctominay favourite to choose England now, where do we start a DM who never mis-places a pass ..

• @Gambler I’ve just bought in. If he was to get called up his value will rocket! Although, not sure if your comment was a tad sarcastic. My gamble is suppose!

• @R9Kennard not sarcastic !

• I think McTominay will choose Scotland over England. Although he was born in England his Dad seems to be a big influence on him.
    The speculation alone can only be a good thing if he keeps playing and performing well though.

• I wouldn't like to be in that position myself

• @Martybhoy11 Yes but let’s be honest... Prospects for England rather than Scotland! Shall be very interesting. The fact he got offered the chance to train with Scotland and said no says something...

• @R9Kennard I don't like to speculate about a lad that age but on the quiet i don't think he wants to play for Scotland but i think .. daddy might see different or at least it's one of them where you know your gonna piss your dad off mightily

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.