United strikers

• Why are Greenwood(I can understand) Gomes, Martial & even Sanchez rising yet little movement on Brewster or Parrot who are in the same position with no new strikers coming in

• cause Lukaku left and lowered the competition is my thinking

• @Uncle-G in the past ive always noticed that United players rise first and the rest play catch up

• @Antierror I understand that but realistically Tottenham have got no one behind Kane & Liverpool no one behind Firminho(Origi usually used out wide but can play centrally) @Black-wolf crazy mate how Utd are nowhere near the top team yet constantly set the standard on here, suppose as a Liverpool fan I’ve just gotta get over it 😂 hold Greenwood anyways but the other risers wtf 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Probably because people have more belief that Greenwood/Gomes will play in the Europa, Greenwood will 100% play more games than Brewster and Parrott put together this season cause of uniteds lack of depth in the front line and volume of games

• Martial has been the most underpriced player on the index for ages, now no new striker is coming in even more so.

• @Uncle-G I mean there is truth to that, but who does United really have at all now? It is quite open to their striker role. They have no clear attacking identity, so could be anyone playing up front of the mentioned ones including Rashford.

@Tom77 what is your reasoning for Martial being underpriced?

btw not trying to be negative with United, just a few thoughts on the thing

• @Antierror Martial is more expensive than Griezmann, one gets in the national team and was top scorer at the world cup and will be the main man with Mbappe at the Euro's, now playing with the what some argue is the best attack in the world. Could argue it's the other way around

• @Uncle-G IF Even if Kane got injured Pochettino would start Son or Lucas up front. Thats probably part of the reason. Only on FI have I ever seen the call to just throw literal kids into a Premier League game and think they will start banging them in. Parrot is 17, I would be shocked if he started any Premier League game this season.

• @Antierror

He will be playing as a striker for Man Utd, more chance to score and assist.

He has a high of 3.16 last season. so there is a big market if he performs.

The biggest media club on the index.

The new matrix will boost his PB.

• @Tom77 the new matrix boosts 90% of players PB scores. The question is does Martial gain more from it than others to which the answer is no from my perspective - 1.3 successful dribbles per game, 1.3 key passes per game is not as good as other forwards who already had better PB. He loses relative to already better PB players.

• @ChazFI123 oh yea absolutely I don't think that Martial is underpriced. I was surprised by Tom77's statement to be fair.

Wasn't aware of the price gap between Martial to Griezmann, Makes me even more doubt that he is underpriced

• @speedloafer fair shout but why such a rise in the Utd players then? Angel Gomes is 18 at £1.98 Martial has a really poor base average with no divs won last year £2.73 & Sanchez is 30 £1.38, I’m all for reasoning but is this just caus their at United cause the prices are ridiculous

• @Antierror 41p more than Griezmann, and double the price of Lacazette, both of which you would say are ahead of him in the pecking order for the national team. But playing for Man United seems to add about a £1 on to everyone's price

• @janner73 said in United strikers:

@Tom77 the new matrix boosts 90% of players PB scores. The question is does Martial gain more from it than others to which the answer is no from my perspective - 1.3 successful dribbles per game, 1.3 key passes per game is not as good as other forwards who already had better PB. He loses relative to already better PB players.

He could be a big chance creater and make a lot of assist, fouls won.
    He has played through the middle every game for utd on pre season when he has played. I Expect him to involved a lot.

Last game against Milan.

83% pass accuracy
    10 final third passes
    4 touches in box
    2 key passes
    1 assist

That looks like he is playing in the right area to me.

• @Antierror said in United strikers:

@ChazFI123 oh yea absolutely I don't think that Martial is underpriced. I was surprised by Tom77's statement to be fair.

Wasn't aware of the price gap between Martial to Griezmann, Makes me even more doubt that he is underpriced

Griezmann is also underpriced.

Overpriced look at V Junior.

• @Tom77 Game of opinions but I don't see him winning much (if any) PB unless it's on a single game day.
    I get why he's the price he is cos of the Utd factor - but even his MB is poor compared other Utd players. I've no doubt his price will fly if he scores on Sunday but in terms of value I cant say he's particularly under-priced.

• @Tom77 I was at the game and he naturally gets dragged out wide too much IMO, that will probably change over the course of the season as he plays number 9 more, however do you think 4 touches in the opposition box in 82 minutes of football is a good return for a number 9?

• @janner73 said in United strikers:

@Tom77 Game of opinions but I don't see him winning much (if any) PB unless it's on a single game day.
    I get why he's the price he is cos of the Utd factor - but even his MB is poor compared other Utd players. I've no doubt his price will fly if he scores on Sunday but in terms of value I cant say he's particularly under-priced.

Match winners at utd win media buzz.
    Martial playing as a striker will give him more chance to do that.
    It’s clear from his graph people like to buy him, you have to put that in consideration because going by that you know there is a market for him.

• @Tom77 And I get that - but that's different to saying he's the most under-priced players on the index.
    His price is one of the most susceptible to market sentiment I agree but it doesn't necessarily mean he's under-priced let alone the most under-priced.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.