Who is your breakthrough bet?

• Jack Harrison 22yrs (£0.59 at time of writing) for me, on loan from Man City at Leeds. I expect him to have a very important role in Leeds getting promoted this season. Bargain.

• @DavidMUFC1987 I keep seeing people raving about this guy, I've never seen him play before but had a look at his return last season which was 4 goals in 36 games as a winger which doesn't seem great. However, everyone seems to mention him on here- just wondered what I was missing?

• I got a jordon ibe about a week ago was feeling confident on him as he could fit the new pb but need him to step up his game a bit

• Bit of a random one, but I really like junior firpo, I'm suprised he hasn't risen with joining Barca and changing to Spahish national team, I'm hoping he gets some decent game time and a steady rise over the season..

• @Sutt98 fantastic shout, French league is also good for single game days.

• If you can call it a breakthrough for a player already at £2.80 odd I'd say pulisic.

If hes too expensive then I've got high Hope's for adalberto penaranda at Watford. Looked class in the under 20 world cup in '17 and could have a big year at watford

• @ChazFI123
    Yeah his goals and assists weren’t great last season but that was his first full season out on loan. He scored on the opening day of the season away at Bristol City. He’s a really good player. At £0.59 he’s a low risk hold.

• @ChazFI123 had him at 47p nice little rise

• @MickTurbo
    I used to sign him on football manager 🤣

• Callum Robinson at Sheffield United

• The three players I hold that I have backed most heavily to break out this season are:

Ricardo Pereira - I'm not sure if he fully qualifies as a breakthrough candidate having got Leicester's player of the season last year but he's still sub-£1 and looks cheap compared to other comparable full backs. He is likely to get plenty of assists and a few goals next season, is one of the most attacking full backs around (and occasionally plays on the wing) plus I believe he has a decent chance of becoming Portugal's 1st choice RB in time for the Euros.

James Ward-Prowse - Based on what I have read from Southampton fans forums there seems to be a fair amount of optimism for this guy having a good season, plus he's good at set pieces. He's been in the England fold before and whilst another call up is probably unlikely, its not impossible and at 76p I felt he was worth the gamble.

Milos Veljkovic - He's playing in a PB league and is a Serbian international. Should be a regular starter this season and at 23 is prime age to push for a move if he performs well. At 28p I can't see any real risk on this one and of all my holds this is probably the one I have highest hopes of becoming my first 100% riser.

• Barella from Inter Milan. Currently 99p so can buy massive amounts in him. Could do well at Euros with Italy next summer

• Most people are suggesting youngsters, but i'm backing Marten De Roon of Atalanta. CM, played 34 Serie A matches last season and has CL this season, along with Euro qualifiers for the Netherlands.

His PB stats are impressive:

Max - 208
    Ave - 97
    Base - 88
    Ave top 5 - 157

Current price 42p

With a PB win or even a few high scores he will surely rise significantly.

• Incredibly talented Lookman has a point to prove or is his head not right. Very interesting if Silva was right or just an idiot to leave him out.
    Id like to see Callum Wilson hit new heights this year

• @DavidMUFC1987 He's absolute useless. Why we brought him back on loan is a mystery to me. 2 important attributes needed for a wide man are crossing and dribbling. He can't do either.

• @ChazFI123 He's useless mate.

• @Domitius Veljkovic is a quality choice. Never mind this season he's been a regular starter since the age of 20 and also a starter for Serbia. He had links to Watford in the summer but fell through as he broke his toe. Hopefully will be fit to start the season. IMO there is not a player on FI anywhere near his price with so many positives.

• Gianluca Mancini (Roma) 79p

Every opportunity I get to name a player in threads like this, this man often comes top of my list.

Aged just 23 this boy really has got everything in his locker. A world class defender who is a monster in the air which explains why he's such a threat from set pieces and why he has scored and assisted plenty throughout his short career.

A future Italian captain in the making and barring injuries will be in the team for Euro 2020.

I urge anyone to do their own research on him and then they will see why I'm so enthused about this lad.

• Martial to be utds star player and finally show his potential...
    Otherwise..... Stefano sensi

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.