Tempted To Double Down On Bale

• Very tempted myself

• Playing Devil’s Advocate as genuinely interested...

• he’s 30 and body doesn’t seem to be holding up as well as the other superstars of the era
    • hasn’t played consistently in a while and his return in La Liga when he did play wasn’t great for the money we’re talking
    • earns stupid money for doing next to nothing and there are question marks over his desire anymore.

Is he worth £2.50-3.00 regardless? Is he still a superstar? Don’t know what his pb and mb (pre transfer hype) have been like to know how big a factor they are but I feel like much of the excitement around him feels based on possible mb- don’t really know now good he is anymore!

• If Zidane goes, apparently there is already an agreement for Jose to take over. Can you imagine Bale being huge in his plans, considering he was hardly enthusiastic to track back when he used to like playing football!

• @Lukeroro said in Tempted To Double Down On Bale:

If Zidane goes, apparently there is already an agreement for Jose to take over....

it never rains, it pours eh?

• @ssalot couldn't agree with you more. He's a massive risk with very little upside, I'll be staying far away from Bale myself

• Recalled for the friendly against Roma today

• @DavidMUFC1987

Signs of a little bounce too. Fingers crossed :)

• Does anyone expect him to rise if he is included in Real Madrid’s first game? Can he get back to previous heights if he starts to get game time? Reports saying that Zidane is not impressed with Jovic so maybe bale is slowly creeping up the pecking order

• Bale = gamble for me... PSG rumoured to be wanting Modric & Vinicius as make way for Neymar and I really can't see him agreeing to be used as bait for any deal of any kind??? I just don't think Bale wants to leave Real Madrid for any club other than for a top team in England and we all know our market is closed so he really could end up playing golf until January???

Not saying he won't hit the headlines but I would rather invest in a footballer that is playing football right now!!!

• @dannypea

Season starts soon for Real Madrid. There's already reports of Zidane exploding. It's probably going to take something to ignite it but I think that will be a story we keep hearing about and over time, it will get juicy.

It's a straight up gamble though.

I'm fairly certain that as we get closer to January... Man Utd will be heavily linked again and if they aren't in the top 4, Ole will be on the back foot.

• Can you imagine he starts tomorrow. He's the favourite with the bookies to score 1st goal according to goal.com!!! Do they know something?

• @Pagey74 they have to price it up as if he's staring or else they leave themselves vulnerable, it means nothing.

Brewster is fourth favourite in the first scorer betting for tomorrow behind Salah, Mane, Origi and Firmino and ahead of any Southampton player when it's doubtful he'll get a sniff of the pitch. Jesus is 4/1 in he Man City v Spurs game which is about half the odds of Kane. It'll almost certainly be Aguero who starts but if they price Jesus at 8/1 or higher then they leave themselves open, I wouldn't read anything into it.

• @Joev I just assumed Benzema would be favourite not Bale.

• @Pagey74 He is, goal.com are lying it seems, or at least being a bit misleading. To be fair Betfair have him as 2/1 favourite but Christ knows why, everyone else has him behind Benzema, Hazard, Jovic and Mariano Diaz

• 0_1565961281396_53012236-B5C9-4947-AA13-6B851B3A7324.jpeg

• And with Hazard now out tomorrow and possibly a few weeks has the door opened up for Bale!

• @janner73
    He’ll get so much grief from the Madrid fans 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

• @DavidMUFC1987 Of course he will. I guess Vinicius and maybe Vazquez will start tomorrow with Bale on the bench. Made for him to come on second half and score the winner after another piss poor Madrid performance.

• @janner73
    Fingers crossed he does, I only bought in on Bale the other day 🤞🏼

• Swear Lucas Vasquez is one if those greyed out players you get on Football Manager. Still don’t know what he does. Just wiki’d him, he’s 28!

I don’t hold Bale, wussed out even before the China spec . but if anyone does now, fair play i’m sure you’ll get decent reward for your bravery, as he’ll surely rise now.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.