The Neymar drop...again!?

• @Advinculas-Index says he never calls people any names yet ended that comment by calling that guy a prick lol

• @Advinculas-Index said in The Neymar drop...again!?:

@Dan-The-Man

You're not a Swedish/Mancunian by any chance?

Now come on, Andy M wasn't that bad! 😆

Neither is @Dan-The-Man really - I am going to call Henderson and Pulisic "Dan's Follies".
    There will no doubt be others in the near future but let him have his follies, nobody needs to fall out over it.

Especially the more ludicrous ones 😂😂

• @Advinculas-Index said in The Neymar drop...again!?:

Swedish/Mancunian

I'm as incredible as Zlatan... he was a Swede in Manchester

• If ever you needed an example of why Henderson is not a good buy, this is it:

A certain someone has been pumping him relentlessly for days now across multiple threads and yet his price hasn’t moved a single penny (it’s still 53p).

If I posted just once about a new cheap find in the sub 40p players thread, I would expect to see him rise by at least a penny or two.

• @Dan-The-Man said in The Neymar drop...again!?:

@Advinculas-Index said in The Neymar drop...again!?:

Swedish/Mancunian

I'm as incredible as Zlatan... he was a Swede in Manchester

Good answer

• @ocs123

Ha... you think Henderson's not a good buy because people on these forums haven't snapped him up based on my say so?

The reason people talk about Pulisic in most threads I'm in, is because 6 months ago, in a Pogba thread, I made a similar comparison to Pulisic (and Kane) with Pogba. Showing that X amount of Pogba resulted in 5X amount of Pulisic and laying out why Pulisic would grow until his debut, pointing out that he'd win some MB along the way for scoring a goal in pre-season (which he did).

Swap out Pulisic for Henderson, Pogba for Neymar, and it was practically an identical conversation.

Skip forward 6 months. Pulisic has just about doubled in price, Pogba has barely shifted and now when you look around the forum, you see quite a few people talking up Pulsiic.

I did the same for Maguire, comparing him with Van Dijk, laying out why he was a better buy than Pogba and Van Dijk, etc. Laying out all the market drivers that were destined to push Maguire up and generate him a ton of MB. The Nations League > the transfer war > more clean sheets at a better club > the huge price tag which would generate MB > the Euro qualifiers, culminating in the Euro Tournament. I received the same level of down votes and mockery from a certain group of fellas.

Skip forward 6 months... Maguire crushed Pogba and Van Dijk over the summer in terms of ROI.

Trust me when I tell you... by the time the Euro's roll around, Henderson will have generated significant growth.

I'm not always right but I'd take my batting average over some of my detractors any day.

• @Dan-The-Man last October/November i said that this time next year Sancho would be up competing with top dogs maybe even top of the index. That was when he was around £2.5 in old money and plenty disagreed and said i was talking pish but here we are now and he’s 7 times the price and not far of the top but this is the first time ive brought it up and had a little boast about it . just because i got it right on this occasion doesnt mean i get it right all the time.

Youre not the index oracle we all get it right from time to time we get you believe in henderson as a good hold and i wish you the best of luck but its ok if folk dont agree

• @Black-wolf

I've no issues what so ever with folk disagreeing with me on it mate. I've said it a few times in the threads.

That's the fun of a forum, you get different views on things.

Sancho was a belting call back then and still one of the players destined for big rises.

• @Dan-The-Man sancho was the reason i joined football index.i actually searched online if it was possible to bet on a footballers future and up popped football index id never heard anything about it but i was determined to put money on sancho’s future

• @Black-wolf

Nice when it pays off ay.

• @Black-wolf said in The Neymar drop...again!?:

@Dan-The-Man sancho was the reason i joined football index.i actually searched online if it was possible to bet on a footballers future and up popped football index id never heard anything about it but i was determined to put money on sancho’s future

Henderson was the reason I joined football inde.... no I can't even keep a straight face typing that hahaha sorry Dan 😂😉

• I reviewed the last days posts in this thread to get up to date with Neymar. That was a waste of time! He’s recovering slowly and finishing top of MB last 2 days and likely today will help a bit more. Despite his price relative to the rest of FI I think Neymar is great value at the minute as I expect he’ll return more in divs this season than he did last and he’s one of a few desirable players which haven’t benefited from recent capital appreciation

• @Sill7 comparing potential % profits.

Not comparing players. That would be Bizarre

• @Dan-The-Man

You give yourself way too much credit...

I bought Pulisic six months ago too, because he looked cheap for a good young player who was about to arrive in the Premier League and likely to play regularly given Chelsea's transfer ban. Then I sold for a very nice profit when when he boomed in price recently. But I don't bang on about it all the time, because I'm not conceited and more importantly no one else cares. I don't need to convince anyone else about how profitable some of my trades are.

At first I thought you might be pumping Henderson because you own thousands and thousands of futures in him and having doubled your money in the last six months, you were looking for some mugs to buy-in so you could get out without having to IS. Now I just think you're endlessly pumping him to prove that you're a prophet (which you're not) and to satisfy your own massive ego.

Either way, I will not be buying a single future in Henderson.

• @ocs123

Oh I defo have a massive ego pal. Earned it too.

• The sooner everybody realises @Dan-The-Man is the pantomime villain of the forum, the sooner everybody will get on with their lives.

I personally find Dan's follies a humorous distraction from the serious task of trying to make money on here.

Carry on old boy 😂

• @ScouseSte Villain...

I think you mean hero pal.

Villains rob you of money... My tips been worth thousands!

• @Dan-The-Man said in The Neymar drop...again!?:

@ScouseSte Villain...

I think you mean hero pal.

Villains rob you of money... My tips been worth thousands!

Haha you play this role well mate 😂.

In all seriousness, if you perhaps changed your tact, you might actually get some credit for your "tips" - after seeing Pulisic for myself last night I've bought in. The fact it was you blatantly pumping him weeks ago probably discouraged investment in him and you may have made more money than what you did before you sold up.
    It's worth thinking about mate. A bit of humility might benefit your investments rather than this bravado performance you keep projecting, although I do think you revel in this pantomime villain role 😁.
    Do whatever you think is best for you mate.

But that Henderson "tip"? Oh that's a belter 😂😂

• @Dan-The-Man if your tips were worth thousands most other peoples tips are worth millions... that's the bit you don't accept. You pick on one timeline vs one player or type of player where the circumstances are massively skewed in favour of your tip! You chose a time period where Henderson won his only dividend - playing at a very unique time for the index... whilst Neymar was out injured and there was no transfer window open. Its no different to people using just the transfer window and media madness to say Neymar is the best player on the index.

The difference comes when I can extrapolate the Neymar data across pretty much any time period and it'll consistently be high... hence his price. Henderson may never win another dividend - the debate has shown his pb chances are slimmer than before... and he captained his team to a European trophy win yesterday but would not have won mb even tho it was a triple day.. and he wouldn't be top 3 today either... so even when mb opens up, that's a pretty damning piece of evidence to his chances.

in the last month ive mentioned facundo ferreyra ALMOST as much as you've mentioned Hendo… he has increased 116%, Hendo just 17% so your smugness and exaggeration over the success is embarrassing. As @ocs123 and others have said... we often get these successes, but no one is as obsessive as you at pointing them out. Im probably second worst after you... I like reminding people that El Ghazi and Vanaken trebled in value within 1-2 months of me tipping them... :)

• @Vespasian32 said in The Neymar drop...again!?:

You chose a time period where Henderson won his only dividend - playing at a very unique time for the index... whilst Neymar was out injured and there was no transfer window open.

Henderson picked up 4x more money than Neymar. The dividends Henderson won were the cherry on the cake but that's the bit you've focused on.

The time period I looked at, favoured Neymar because over the last 3 months, Henderson has had no chance of getting any dividends at all. What more, I used the dividend stats from the season, rather than the last 6 months... and as you pointed out... Neymar was injured at the end of the season... so picked up all of his PB before the 6 month time period. When I did the dividends stats comparison, I gave Neymar almost double what he actually earned in the last 6 months. Where as Henderson got what he actually earned.

So even though I stacked it heavily in Neymars favour... you still accuse me of cherry picking the data.

How about... instead of accusing me of skewing the data... you scroll up in this thread, to the few posts I made, before laying out Neymar vs Henderson... and you'll see that the time period I chose, was just part of the natural conversation... Nothing to do with me trying to skew data. It was based on the conversation.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.