The Great Pogba Price Drop. A Pogba No Longer Takes Penalties Special.

• @Andy Why is there little point in that? Do you mind just clarifying your argument as I don't follow...

• For the regular Joe on the street a reasonable Pogba holding is a significant investment. I dare say most that hold him he takes up a fair percentage of their portfolio. It big stakes stuff. Therell be one or 2 sweaty palms. The close season with leaving speculation has not helped confidence. Pogba holders need a good reassuring pb win to get the confidence back and he'll be flying. He's got mb sewn up.

• @IceCat Depends what your goals are with FI but 10 futures would on the face of it offer paltry returns.

• @Dalien-Smith I'm more or less a regular joe I'd say. I hold 200 pog for the reasons you have stated, theres no point holding 20 of pog or anyone else cos the divs just arent gonna build you a port.

At this moment hes about 20% of my port value. He was obviously more than that earlier on today. I'm not bothered at all cos he'll recover, he'll probs win PB a few times this year but he will undoubtedly win MB more than anybody else so his price will recover, simple as that, if people want to sell on mass, or list, which could equally be the case then that's fine. I think most holders will feel the same to be honest

• @IceCat That’s just me personally, if you want to hold 10 futures in him be my guest.
    10 futures is around £70 - if you’ve only that amount of money to spend on here, I’d rather look at sub£1 players so you can buy large amounts in them. 10 Pogba futures will earn you little dividends over time

• @Andy I don't personally, just wanted to hear the argument. Thanks for clarifying :)

• I still firmly believe Pogba will likely leave in the next transfer window. The speculation will be great for his price. From today you can see he's up for it . And so he should be. Potential suitors will have to stump up big time to get him. I'm sure Pogba will be keen to put on a show between now and January. That can only be good for Pogba holders in the short term in regards pb.

• You may be right but in personally think he will stay till the summer window. January transfers are always inflated even by modern standards. If real didnt have the cash this summer I think it's unlikely they'll have the cash in january. 180m in the summer could easily be 200m plus by Jan. That's not factoring in pog raising his game between now and then, or man utd being significantly shorter odds for a top 4 finish than they have been all summer. Also are real looking likely to sign van de beek?

• @MickTurbo 20% of your portfolio? Ouch that could sting. Your not alone from what I gather. Alot of folk knee deep in Pogba. I do hope this works out well. I do worry for consumer confidence in FI if things go south.

• Great! Another Pogba thread.

• @Dalien-Smith if hed moved abroad it'd of stung a little bit but now that that's 99% off the table in the short term I see only upside to pog. Once the spanish window shuts he'll rise.

We've got 4 treble media days coming up now, he'll probably feature at some point and thatll make him rise as well.

I've been a big gambler in the past so maybe that's a factor but I'm just now worried about him whatsoever.

It helps that a good chunk of the freed up pog money has gone in to rashford I suppose but this drop today is just a fact of life on FI. People are that twitchy I wonder why they risk money in the first place.

Years ago when I was in the bookies I'd see blokes backing a 4/1 shot e/w to "protect their stake" and I always thought if you're that scared dont have a bet. This is the same mentality were seeing now but hey ho, itll come right

• @MickTurbo said in The Great Pogba Price Drop. A Pogba No Longer Takes Penalties Special.:

You may be right but in personally think he will stay till the summer window. January transfers are always inflated even by modern standards. If real didnt have the cash this summer I think it's unlikely they'll have the cash in january. 180m in the summer could easily be 200m plus by Jan. That's not factoring in pog raising his game between now and then, or man utd being significantly shorter odds for a top 4 finish than they have been all summer. Also are real looking likely to sign van de beek?

Time will tell. From what I've read Pogba want out. Man United have a replacement lined up. He could have a change of heart. Promising start to the season. Well find out more around December time.

• @MickTurbo I got stung on my early attempts at FI with investing in rockets. I'm a bit more diversified these days. The Pogba rewards are good so I can see the benefits. We are gamblers on here. Some bigger than others. Sometimes you just got to go with your gut.

I don't think there is any danger of Pogba going this window. Not without a replacement. He's a safe bet for now in that sense.

• @Dalien-Smith that's what I mean bud

• @Dalien-Smith this is a gambling site. You can lose money on players. Shouldn't knock confidence in the platform if a player nosedives. That's just the way things go sometimes. I sold a few players at a loss today to top up my Pogba's because I'm speculating that I will make the losses back quickest by holding a cheap Pogba share. It's a gamble :)

• @stumac85 For sure it's gambling. Putting most of your eggs in the Pogba basket is a little worrying for me. Any player could go South at anytime. I to prefer to put my eggs in smaller baskets.

• He's on 500 media points already and it's not even 10am.
    I've said it before but people buy Pogba for media divs.
    Whether he's on penalties or not, the press love to write about him. It's always been the way.
    Those who instant sold yesterday are crazy in my opinion. Losing so much in commission and spread.

He will rise again, it's inevitable

• @ScouseSte The only reason Maguire is top of MB at the moment is cos Pogba is talking about Maguire. Pog will always be the MB king!

• @ScouseSte said in The Great Pogba Price Drop. A Pogba No Longer Takes Penalties Special.:

oints already and it's not even 10am.
    I've said it before but people buy Pogba for media divs.

No goals yesterday, no big headlines but is still second in the media rankings. This is why he will always be FI King, wins media divs for fun.

The European transfer still being open will also benefit Pogba holders, papers will try and make it sound like a move is on the cards during slow news days.

Also worth noting that he still scored high yesterday despite not actually having a great game and Utd having less possession, shows to me the new matrix suits his game!

• @Sill7 I agree in terms of him being MB king. I don't however agree with him getting a particularly high score. He was beaten by James Maddison who played in a 0-0 draw. Pogba played in a 4-0 win with an assist. That would suggest the matrix suits Maddison far better? Or am I being naive and just jumping on the Maddison band wagon?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.