Why is Griezmann so cheap?

• @Jimbob slightly better mate haha, I think we'll do well in big games this season as we suit teams attacking us, it was as if Chelsea purposely allowed us to play to our strengths! Incredibly happy with the defence, think the bigger test is Monday night at Wolves cause they'll try to do to us what we just did to Chelsea, lost there twice in 2 weeks last season so that'll be a good indicator of whether we've progressed

• @CBN that's my thoughts, surely playing in a team where they're going to have 70% possession most weeks is only going to help him. At Atletico he had to live off scraps trying to nick them a goal every game, due to how Simeone wanted to play

• @ChazFI123 Yeah, it feels weird being more worried about Wolves than Chelsea but that's the reality. Great start anyway, let's hope they keep it up.

• Imagine the buying he’s going to get for the Euro qualifiers and then in the run up to the euros themselves. He’ll be at the front of everybody’s mind.

• @Timothee-Atouba I'd imagine Mbappé would take up some of his spotlight as well during internationals, as he's the poster boy for France. But agree that Griezmann's price will likely rise closer to the Euros.

• I think once the transfer window closes if Neymar hasn't joined Barca then he'll go up. Should get plenty more goals in that team and plenty of PB to share with Messi

• @Snrub said in Why is Griezmann so cheap?:

I think once the transfer window closes if Neymar hasn't joined Barca then he'll go up. Should get plenty more goals in that team and plenty of PB to share with Messi

If only he could get Henderson to join him and provide all those lovely assists :)

• Despite being a lot more involved in the attacking end having joined Barca, the PB black hole that is Messi will steal most of his points. Messi will take set pieces and pens, and like Suarez before him, griezman could very much be reduced to a bit part role picking up PB scraps. This isn’t guaranteed however, but just look at other teams where PB black holes have operated and what happens to the surrounding talent: Bale, dybala, cavani, Henry, Zlatan, Suarez, and even Neymar when he was at Barca first time round. They get put in the shade and don’t win a fraction of the PB they should.

• @Valhalla said in Why is Griezmann so cheap?:

Despite being a lot more involved in the attacking end having joined Barca, the PB black hole that is Messi will steal most of his points. Messi will take set pieces and pens, and like Suarez before him, griezman could very much be reduced to a bit part role picking up PB scraps. This isn’t guaranteed however, but just look at other teams where PB black holes have operated and what happens to the surrounding talent: Bale, dybala, cavani, Suarez, and even Neymar when he was at Barca first time round. They get put in the shade and don’t win a fraction of the PB they should.

That’s not true, see my post above.

• @Tom77 let’s agree to disagree. 😉 History says joining a team with Messi or Ronaldo in it doesn’t do wonders for your FI career. Best thing that can happen for Griezman is if Messi gets injured.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.