Vinicius Junior

• Firstly I don’t hold any of this guy! Secoundry he’s not in a top five leagues in Europe thirdly he has a agreement with Madrid in July this year with a likely loan back till July 2019... his price his rising and he’s a star of the future for sure. A question to his holders!! what do you feel the benefits are in him being in your portfolio do you feel price rise based on performance in Brazil media buzz or why should I buy him? Will he keep going up till he goes to Madrid or will I have dead money till that time?

• Don't hold any either- maybe his performances are sparking rumours of inclusion in the national team?
    Personally I'm not interested- he won't be able to hold down enough of a place in front of Firminho et al.

• Yeah I looked into him, and as much as I believe he'll be a great player in the future he's not gonna feature for Real anytime soon and he's very unlikely to make the world cup squad over more established players.

• @John-Renwick said in Vinicius Junior:

Yeah I looked into him, and as much as I believe he'll be a great player in the future he's not gonna feature for Real anytime soon and he's very unlikely to make the world cup squad over more established players.
    I think FI need to see who’s missing out the likely WC Squads and players from the top 5 leagues

Not players who can’t get performance buzz

• @Chicken-Badge he's still going!

• @Stevo said in Vinicius Junior:

@Chicken-Badge he's still going!

Likely he won’t be at World Cup? Or maybe he will! But if he ain’t what value does he hold after May must be a art in buying and selling timeing with this guy.

• @Chicken-Badge personally I think it's all the hype he's the next neymar and people have seen how much neymar has taken off and are hoping to get in early even if they have to wait for the full 3 years.

Who knows.

• @Stevo said in Vinicius Junior:

@Chicken-Badge personally I think it's all the hype he's the next neymar and people have seen how much neymar has taken off and are hoping to get in early even if they have to wait for the full 3 years.

Who knows.

@Stevo said in Vinicius Junior:

@Chicken-Badge personally I think it's all the hype he's the next neymar and people have seen how much neymar has taken off and are hoping to get in early even if they have to wait for the full 3 years.

Who knows.

It’s mad ain’t it. I guess if he got in the WC squad you’d get the youngest player hype too but him getting PB must be 2 years off still in a qualifying league

• Found this thread on @Misto brilliant master thread in the off topic section, rather than starting a fresh one. Fair to say some of the comments above didn't age too well!
    Anyway, news coming out that this lad has ousted Gareth Bale for the starting berth against Ajax tomorrow. Anyone watched Ajax much this season? Are they a defensively solid unit in Europe now, or is it likely to be a break out game for Vinicius with his flicks, tricks and whatnot so his rise continues?

• Index is based a lot on hype at the minute. Based on what has happened recently, I'd say a few of these 'younger' players aren't far off peaking FOR NOW, I mean Mbappe for example scored a big goal today but hasn't seen too much movement. Rashford/Martial drops, Leao and Jovic also.

Think there are a few more of these 'hype' players that will see big rises in the next month but time will tell if I'm right.

• @NewUser82416 I agree that a lot of prices rises are heavily weighted on hype (greenwood, chong, CHO...) but not sure Mbappe is just hype - he's probably in the top 5 strikers in the world he's still only 20, and he had a world Cup winners medal after scoring in the final.
    Vinicius is certainly a bit more hype and potential, but then the index loves a Brazilian flair player and after the movement we've seen today with risers and fallers it would interesting to know from someone who follows Ajax more closely than me whether they're fairly open, and therefore whether VJ is likely to live up to the billing or to get blocked out by a team parking the bus?

• To be fair when digging up old posts from back then........

12 months ago, if a player wasn't earning or had the potential to earn dividends, no one was interested in buying them.

Mbappe sat at £4 for ages when I first joined, because no one believed he could win PB whilst playing in the same position & team as Neymar. It's crazy to think that whilst this thinking has proved right, traders mindsets have changed & he's now nearly the same price as Neymar.

So it's difficult to criticise people's thinking back then. You'll find numerous examples of similar threads if you look hard enough.

• @GregF

Ajax are a goalscoring machine at home, but have lost their last 2 away games.

They have 4 players that deserve to play at the very top. They also have 3 or 4 players who look brilliant in the Dutch league, but are nowhere near the level they will need to be to beat Real Madrid.

If you asked me a month ago, i would have said Ajax had a great chance, but Real Madrid have sorted themselves out and are back on track. I cant see anything other than Madrid progressing to the next round.

Madrids last 2 away games were a 1-1 draw with Barca and and a 3-1 victory against Atletico. Confidence will be high.

• @johnboywalker said in Vinicius Junior:

@GregF

Ajax are a goalscoring machine at home, but have lost their last 2 away games.

They have 4 players that deserve to play at the very top. They also have 3 or 4 players who look brilliant in the Dutch league, but are nowhere near the level they will need to be to beat Real Madrid.

If you asked me a month ago, i would have said Ajax had a great chance, but Real Madrid have sorted themselves out and are back on track. I cant see anything other than Madrid progressing to the next round.

Madrids last 2 away games were a 1-1 draw with Barca and and a 3-1 victory against Atletico. Confidence will be high.

4 of 5 goals they have conceded, have come from set pieces.
    This is dangerous against Real Madrid.

• @ContentNicholas

Ah, is that so.

Very very interesting ... Sergio Ramos anyone??

• @johnboywalker said in Vinicius Junior:

@ContentNicholas

Ah, is that so.

Very very interesting ... Sergio Ramos anyone??

0_1550015376874_Screenshot_20190212-234923.png

• @ContentNicholas It isn't hopeful for Ajax.

• @GregF I definitely don't think Mbappe is hype either, he is clearly the real deal and that has been obvious for a while. He is probably one of the safest investments you can make on the index & I'm saying that but I don't even hold him. Thought he would see more of a rise based off that goal tonight, think he will continue to see a slow rise over time though and will boom if he leaves PSG

Vinicius is very expensive already and a lot of that is based off hype. His potential is massive of course but he rose nearly £3 when going from £9-12 within a week, what changed during that week to warrant people buying in at £11+? He scored one goal and then there was just a massive bubble surrounding him, with people on here/twitter hyping him up massively. Having said that he could easily become the real deal but I'd expect there will be a few bumps in the road along the way, his price looks inflated for now and I think people are gambling on him continue to impress in the next few games. It's high risk but the reward could be big, he might be £14 within two weeks or he could be £10.50, up to traders to decide if the risk is worth it.

Personally I see players like VJ as the benchmark for other 'hype' players now and I would rathe try and predict the players that will hit a similar price that are currently far less volatile.

Think Sancho is slightly different as he will probably move back to the prem in 18-24 months.

Rashford I always thought was overpriced, was amazed it got to the point where he was more than Salah.

• @CleanShirtTrader said in Vinicius Junior:

Don't hold any either- maybe his performances are sparking rumours of inclusion in the national team?
    Personally I'm not interested- he won't be able to hold down enough of a place in front of Firminho et al.

I absolutely f*cking NAILED this insight chaps.

• @CleanShirtTrader hahahhaaha

Ah good old @Chicken-Badge and the comments that come back to bite you on your arse!!! I remember fondly loving his @Andy-M like ways and this forum is certainly not a better place without him in it!!!

Wonder if we'll see him with Davina McCall on this time next year having lost all his portfolio on Cenk Tosun & Bernard of Everton???

We need to get a man hunt together and bring him back??? Maybe try the Erik Lamela appreciation society in Golders Green as first port of call???

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.