Latest Buys

• Hi all

I am a new user looking to see what members look for in their research. I have been invested for around 4 weeks and now have just short of £400 invested. There have been highs and lows over this 4 week initial learning curve with some buys (reece James) are doing well and others (William Saliba) not so well.

So I'm looking to see if anyone will give any info on some of their recent buys and the reasons for them so that I and others can use these ideas when doing our own research.

Sharing is caring so for what it's worth I have just bought into Timothy Castagne mainly for capital appreciation. He will play for atalanta, is cheap at 60p and may get to the euros.

• Very good question, hope this thread gets some traction and useful info.

I haven't bought a new player for a couple of weeks because of strategy but the most recent top up purchase is ondrej duda. As the season starts typical ipd players with decent average pb scores get a hike in price... The Bundesliga starting later than the English league meant there seemed to be good value. I went with duda because he gets g n a, and may also benefit from the opening up of international games.

I plan on doing the same for a couple of la liga and Serie a players in the near future, haven't decided who yet, but they will be below 80p and in with a shout of goals and assists with either a good pb avg or a history of some high scores.

• My two most recent purchases have been at opposite ends of the price scale.

Yesterday I traded a bunch of my most profitable players to release the profits and invest in 200x Neymar. Regardless of where he plays he will return MB, PB and probably CA. The biggest hitters return dividends several times a week and this cash can be used to buy new players, or top up, for IPD's and to get the trading buzz without selling or depositing more.

My previous purchase was 500x Marek Hamsik - Slovakia - 14p

Euro qualifiers are PB and IPD eligible and Hamsik is Slovakia's main man. Slovakia have 2 games in the next 30 days, home against Croatia and away against Hungary.
    Then 1 game in October and 2 in November gives you a chance of PB or a chance to flip.

Might be worth holding till the Euro's depending on qualifying. Chinese league ends in December. Could Hamsik make a January loan move to a PB league to stay match fit?

• Bought back into Eden Hazard today at 433p; I bought him last pre season at 235 (pre SS equivalent) & sold out on the RM transfer speculation at 485p + banking 55p in dividend wins whilst holding, just lucky/good timing. Think he could be a real PB beast at RM if they can just find some consistent form, they can't be as bad a shambles as last season.

His price has stagnated recently so looks decent value now plus the following next 30 day IPD's swung my purchase; Celta Vigo 17/8, Valladolid 24/8, Villarreal 1/9, Levante 14/9, San Marino 6/9 & Scotland 9/9. I only see IPD's as an added bonus not a reason to buy in themselves especially for anyone over 60p but given that run I can see some monster PB scores being racked up & the market is sure to notice.

So hoping for some PB, capital appreciation & a few IPD's thrown in for good luck. I tend to buy for a 3 year hold but will sell if I think they have become over bought.

• @PepeRAMi the last player 2 players I bought are Neymar and Rachid Alioui. I wasn't actually planning on making any purchases as I had worked on my portfolio over the summer and was happy where it was at going into the season.

However, Neymar I bought because his price fell dramatically and it seemed too good to pass up when he was £6.85 so I bought as much of him as I could afford 😂 he's already won me a couple of media divs and is back up to £7.04 so pretty happy with that one.

Rachid Alioui I bought because I wanted to get in on the promotion so I asked on this forum for recommendations on cheap players and someone recommended him. I did my research on him after the rec and he seems like he has good potential so I spent £11 or so that I had in dividends from the day before on him and he's up 1p from when I bought him so a good start lol

• My 2 latest buys are a bit of a gamble tbh. I’ve gone with Icardi £1.35 and Gareth Bale £1.93

Icardi I believe he will not be at Inter by the close of the window and I’m expecting an increase once he starts playing and scoring again. He’s a top player but he needs a move. I’m going to have to be patient with this one.

Bale, this is a total punt. Possibly a move before the transfer window, Zidane not working out or Bale being involved whilst Zidane is there which is unlikely. 🤞🏼

• Also very new to this, newer than you but two of my recent purchases are Ivan Perisic and Dodi Lukebakio.

Perisic is sitting at 70p and has just joined Bayern on loan. He is a quality player and given game time I don't doubt that he will chip in with consistent goals and assists. As well as this Coman has had consistent injury problems for the past 3 years.
    16/17 season missed 22 games through injury
    17/18 season missed 21 games through injury
    18/19 season missed 19 games through injury
    Anything close to this again this season means game time for Perisic...i think 70p is just far too cheap based on his quality and chance for game time.

Lukebakio is a player I know less about however, playing for Dusseldorf last season he managed 10 league goals including a hat trick against Bayern. he also socred 4 goals in 3 cup games.
    This year he has signed for Hertha for just short of £20m and I think he could score similarly if not more. Lukebakio is sitting at 90p just now but if he is scoring consistently will be upwards of £1.00 by Xmas in my opinion.

• Today I deposited £650, topped up my Rashfords, Griezmanns and Pulisics. Adding in Ronaldo, Messi, Lindelöf and Andreas Pereira. Hoping for some long term CA on Rashford, Pulisic, Pereira and Lindelöf. Think although Griezmann's growth might be slow, Messi does get rested a lot later in the season (good for PB) and he could be top scorer at the Euro's. Got Messi and Ronaldo as they are proven div returners and Ronaldo's price doesn't seem to have recovered yet as Calcio A doesn't start for another week

• @PepeRAMi I have recently put a lump in on the following players obviously depends on your budget

. Bernd Leno 100 shares @ 48p goalkeepers are not something I would normally invest in but I can see Leno keeping some clean sheets and at half price to some of the other keepers thought it was worth a go.
    Eric Lamala 200 shares at 53p now 64p would have played a lot more last season but for injurys think he is a talent and a lot cheaper than the rest of Tottenhams attacking midfielders has got to be worth a shout
    Jonjo Shelvey 200 shares @ 40p The forgotten man of Newcastle still at a good age and will be on corners and free kicks hope he does what JWP did at Southampton when given a chance.
    Eden Hazzard just brought 100 @ £ 4.42 I would have got more if I could afford it but I believe he will be a huge success in the Spanish League and also the Euro`s and he is cheaper than Mason Greenwood and CHO !

• Fullkrug for ipd value
    Mane more long term

• I have just cashed out profits in mane and mbappe to buy into Kostic and pulgar. Found that they weren't great at dividends and for the price they were, didn't represent value. Also wanted to cash in on 1.39 a share profit on mbappe, as I had held out on dybala and got stung.

Have been a fan of Kostic since got on the index. Very much a team player, capable of a few ipds and pb. Not consistent enough yet to be a superstar, but when he is on form, very neat. Also at his price, plenty of room for growth, so hits most of the bases(no MB for him).

Seen a few forumites speaking about pulgar, had a look at average pb and he's dandy, and is one of the ones regularly talked about on the forum who is well below a pound.

10 shares in mane and 10 shares in mbappe have equated to 91 between pulgar and Kostic.

Got to add, have been seeing decent increases day on day and so was fine with losing the 2% commission as still plenty up for the week. Mane and mbappe both went on market sell pretty quick, whereas if I had been struggling to shift, would have had to rethink this strategy

• A pure IPD play (only worth doing on players below 60p IMO); I held Schmeichel Leics over the Summer, having bought after last seasons sell off @ 21p sold him off last month for 31p but rebought on Sat after his 0-0 (clean sheet IPD guaranteed) for 42p. Timing such trades is very important to achieve decent margins.

He now qualifies for Chelsea, Sheff Utd & Bournemouth with Gibraltar & Georgia thrown in as a bonus must have a great chance of at least a couple more clean sheets from those games, then look to sell again, probably on his next clean sheet as others look to buy the IPD. Not a massive life changing profit opportunity but certainly adds to the fun.

• @PepeRAMi Couple recently. Griezmann at 2.30 and Brekalo at 89p.
    I’m almost exclusively going towards European internationals now, they’re at a huge advantage this season and the market hasn’t got there yet.
    Good luck to you.

• Bought into Hofmann on his injury dip.

Been topping up on Barella. Just think he's under valued.

Bit of a top up on Cristiano Ronaldo. Reckon traders will be jizzing in their briefs when he smashes out the big PB scores.

Bought into some cheap forwards after the rises from goals at the weekend. Always been those rises but seemed on a different level. That may calm down a bit but trying for some quick flips.

• @Moukoko said in Latest Buys:

I have just cashed out profits in mane and mbappe to buy into Kostic and pulgar. Found that they weren't great at dividends and for the price they were, didn't represent value. Also wanted to cash in on 1.39 a share profit on mbappe, as I had held out on dybala and got stung.

Have been a fan of Kostic since got on the index. Very much a team player, capable of a few ipds and pb. Not consistent enough yet to be a superstar, but when he is on form, very neat. Also at his price, plenty of room for growth, so hits most of the bases(no MB for him).

Seen a few forumites speaking about pulgar, had a look at average pb and he's dandy, and is one of the ones regularly talked about on the forum who is well below a pound.

10 shares in mane and 10 shares in mbappe have equated to 91 between pulgar and Kostic.

Got to add, have been seeing decent increases day on day and so was fine with losing the 2% commission as still plenty up for the week. Mane and mbappe both went on market sell pretty quick, whereas if I had been struggling to shift, would have had to rethink this strategy

Great shout on Kostic, and quite timely, as I put out a video today of my new series Watch List, and he was the first video.

Here it is, if anyone is interested on my thoughts on Kostic: https://youtu.be/Oj7gcnzfX20

• My two most recent investments are Youri Tielemans and Paco Alcacer.

Tielemans (£1.99): Badly wanted a Leicester player, and I feel that Tielemans is a really talented player, especially for his age. He done very well last season, despite only joining in January, and it took him no time to adjust to the pace and physicality of the Premier League, and also quickly gelled with the team and system. Good PB averages, contributes with goals and assists too.

Alcacer (£1.43): He had niggle injuries last season, which meant he was in and out of the team, playing an average of only 46 minutes per game. Despite that, he has a ridiculous statistic of 1.3 goals per 90 minutes. If you search for players that played a minimum of 15 games last season, Paco and Mbappe are joint top at 1.3 goals, ahead of Messi at 1.2 goals. Paco was bought permanently this Summer, so he should play a lot more this season, and despite any possible rotation, he is there only proper out-and-out goalscorer, so he should get the nod the majority of the time.

Last season's statistics for both players in images below. Video analysis for both players on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FootballIndexManager

0_1565888932017_Youri Tielemans.jpg

0_1565888939696_Paco Alcacer.jpg

• Last buy was a gamble but a very low risk one
    1000 x Emanuel Mammana 26p Argie CB looks likely to move from Zenit to Sassaulo. So will be in a PB league, a goal anytime over the season could see a spike and an opportunity to flip.
    Also he’s been capped by Argentina in the past so must have a little bit about him and Italy could suit him better than Russia

• Interesting thread topic in that we all seem to be buying similar players generally speaking but it's the point at when you choose to buy them that can really makes the trade successful. I'm surprised it hasn't come up sooner tbh...
    Anyway..My latest purchase is Mauro Icardi as I believe he'll get his move away from Inter in the next 2-3 weeks leading up to the Italian transfer deadline, his price has been steadily dropping over the last few months so I could see a nice potential rise if he does eventually agree to leave Inter.

• This post is deleted!

• Just sold all my shares and going to buy Henderson*

Prior to doing that my latest buys were
    Jayden Bogle x 349
    Rhian Brewster x 600
    Luis Muriel x 600
    Moussa Dembele x 500
    Samule Chukwueze x 600

*i may or may not have done this 0_1565899312268_upload-3639419a-e1c4-44d2-8ec3-d68c9cf752ff