James Rodriguez

• This guy was a PB beast in the 2017-2018 season.

If he gets a transfer or gets game time at Real Madrid, he would be an absolute bargain at his current price.

But will either happen? What are peoples thoughts?

I'm very tempted but what do others think?

• @GarethG the guy is class. Think he'll move somewhere before the end of the window.

• I'm 27p per share down on him.

Bought in anticipation of a move away from Madrid. He won't be getting regular game time, i feel that Bale will be ahead of him.

So, i'm holding hoping he makes a move in January which i feel is likely. Either way, if i was a new buyer, i wouldn't think twice at that price. He will shoot up 6-12 months down the line.

• These are the kind of players newbies should be looking at, BUY LOW! Look for potential growth...

• I've been tracking him all Summer watching his price drop and drop. Thought about getting on him at £1.70 but stuck my money elsewhere. Now he's down at £1.57 I've took the plunge. Way too good a price to ignore him now. Not even bothered if he doesn't move until Jan.

Bought half of what I plan to own. Will monitor and buy the other half when I feel the time is right.

• Looks a brilliant price...curious though, where do people see him moving on to?

• This post is deleted!

• @GarethG I miss read the name for some unknown reason I thought it said James madison lol that’s why I deleted

• I'm not convinced he is a great buy right now. 28 years old now and not involved in the Euros next summer - 2 negatives against him for FI. In my opinion probably bench-warming at Madrid until at least January, and a player I think we may well have already seen the best of.

• @janner73 said in James Rodriguez:

I'm not convinced he is a great buy right now. 28 years old now and not involved in the Euros next summer - 2 negatives against him for FI. In my opinion probably bench-warming at Madrid until at least January, and a player I think we may well have already seen the best of.

Just to rationalise a little more, in the same price range as him are young exciting players like:
    Chiesa,
    Under,
    Odegaard,
    Oyarzabal
    All have far more in their favour for fairly quick rises than James, and all could easily pass £2 with a couple of goals and a good PB score or 2.

• @janner73

I don't think Chiesa, Under and Oyarzabal are good picks at their current price. You could be waiting a long time for them to do anything noteworthy PB wise - just look at their modest PB averages and the long run of low scores they tend to deliver. Maybe they'll manage a big score once a season, but your capital is going to be tied up hoping for that one good game. They're all at comparatively small clubs too, so little or no MB potential. Plus if you look at their graphs, they've all peaked in price recently, so they are going to need to deliver consistently high PB winning scores or be linked with a move to the Premiership in January to achieve any significant further growth.

Odegaard has played one PB eligible game in his entire career. Yes, he scored 119 PB points, but 1 game is nothing for a 20 year old on FI. Again he's peaked in price recently, so now is probably not a great time to buy.

In contrast, J-Rod's price has fallen to a one-year low and his PB (and MB) potential is far greater than those players. His problem is obviously that he hasn't been playing regularly, but if he can force his way back into the Real side (probably not) or move to another large European club (much more likely) before the Sept window closes, then he could double in price more easily than the others.

• @ocs123 There is potentially a PB beast in James but it's a straight out gamble on a transfer which I don't think will happen.
    The players I've mentioned are young, all (except Odegaard) likely to feature in Euro 2020, all likely to get transfers to bigger clubs next summer and all fit current market trends.
    Odegaard has a PB beast inside him too and is playing regular football now to show that, as well as always the possibility of going back to Madrid and being a star.

• @GarethG

Ratjer get bale atm.. will rocket woth another good performance this saturday

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.