NEW TRADERS: Example of a bad trade...

• I've just been watching the ticker and saw this ...

0_1566213337563_Screenshot_2019-08-19-12-10-46.png

Shortly followed by this...

0_1566213369561_Screenshot_2019-08-19-12-11-27.png

There can be absolutely no disputing that this is a very bad trade.

But can ANYBODY WHO HAS ONLY JOINED FI IN THE LAST MONTH tell me why?

• Is it "never buy the red shite as you don't receive dividends for nostalgia or coming second?" 😁

• Banned

@ScouseSte
    It could be a good trade. It could be his whole balance and he is spreading some out. It could be he needed to sell to withdraw and then decided to keep some in. Or a whole host of other reasons you don't understand.
    What you mean is, you don't understand the reasoning behind it.

That said, and I have been pretty vocal on Facebook about this and on here, I am very much against naming and shaming and dislike this post. At the very least you should cover up the investors name, cause that's pretty poor form.

• @MrWh1te Its his Display Name, not his forum name or anything - impossible to identify him from this.

I could go and rename myself 'MrWh1te' right now.

• Banned

@Chris-J it doesn't matter. I dislike the ticker anyway for this exact reason

• Not sure the relevance of the Robertson screen shot... Yeah it's silly to IS Rashford on a match day as should be an easy and quick market sell... But for once I agree with Mr White... Never assume you know a traders reason. Might need £40 to pay a bill in a few days and needed to withdraw ASAP to ensure the money reaches his bank.

• Agree with @Vespasian32 and @MrWh1te - whilst the IS is probably silly as there's an easy market sell it's impossible to judge a trade without knowing the reasons for it.

• @ScouseSte said in NEW TRADERS: Example of a bad trade...:

There can be absolutely no disputing that this is a very bad trade.

Also never underestimate what this forum can dispute 😝 you think today is Monday? @Dan-The-Man can provide FACT that it isn't

• @MrWh1te said in NEW TRADERS: Example of a bad trade...:

@ScouseSte
    It could be a good trade. It could be his whole balance and he is spreading some out. It could be he needed to sell to withdraw and then decided to keep some in. Or a whole host of other reasons you don't understand.
    What you mean is, you don't understand the reasoning behind it.

That said, and I have been pretty vocal on Facebook about this and on here, I am very much against naming and shaming and dislike this post. At the very least you should cover up the investors name, cause that's pretty poor form.

See what @Chris-J just said. The name is irrelevant. Can be anything

• Banned

@ScouseSte
    It isn't irrelevant because the guy could browse the forum, read this thread, think you are taking the piss out of him and leave again, even leaving fi.
    It doesn't matter whether we can identify him as much as whether he can identify himself. And it's putting on a public forum 'you are bad'.
    It is similar in poker when people out hands up to dissect and it was quickly universally agreed to cover up people's nicknames. It needs to be the same here imo.

• Ok so obviously EXISTING traders have highlighted the main "bad" part of this trade, which is that Rashford is playing tonight in a single gameday so selling to market is easy today. The trader has lost a fair pew p per share by instant selling.

He bought another player too, besides Roberston (didn't get time to screenshot) so the funds were clearly not needed for bills etc.

Whoever this trader is (the name on the ticker can be changed to anything so I've no problem putting up these screenshots. It reveals nobody's identity), they have missed out on a chance to buy even more Robertson and whoever else they bought by being naive or inexperienced.

Clearly there is no massive rush at the minute for Robertson shares (if there was then maybe you could understand the instant sell of Rashford), so it is undoubtedly a bad trade. Fact.

I'm only highlighting this so new users get an idea where they can save money with a bit of patience, knowledge, fixture/behaviour awareness and help

@ScouseSte
    It isn't irrelevant because the guy could browse the forum, read this thread, think you are taking the piss out of him and leave again, even leaving fi.
    It doesn't matter whether we can identify him as much as whether he can identify himself. And it's putting on a public forum 'you are bad'.
    It is similar in poker when people out hands up to dissect and it was quickly universally agreed to cover up people's nicknames. It needs to be the same here imo.

Wow! I actually find myself agreeing with @MrWh1te.

It isn't about revealing their identity. Its entirely possible this person could be a new user, come to the forum for the first time themselves, see their trade screenshot and then feel belittled and afraid to identify himself, ask questions.

The bigger question I would be asking right now is why are there hundreds, probably 1000s, of traders that probably don't even know you can market sell and think IS is the only way of selling.

@ScouseSte
    It isn't irrelevant because the guy could browse the forum, read this thread, think you are taking the piss out of him and leave again

So in short, dont do stuff like this cos the person concerned may be a snowflake

• Banned

@MickTurbo no, don't do it because the person is entitled to use his money in any way he seems fit without fear of ridicule.

• Rashford's UP 0.32p on the last seven days so selling him today, on a game day, in advance of any potential shoddy performance can certainly be a good trade (depending on when purchased and at what profit/loss levels he's at)... I actually think selling on the game day if in profit and when a player is rising is the best time to sell.. why not sell at the height? better than to sell low or when falling perhaps??

I get that he's playing tonight, might do well, score and might be worth more but its a gamble we take.. i've mentioned in another thread that it's about getting in (and sometimes out) ahead of the rest.. so selling Rashford when everyone is buying him can be acute piece of business....

• Ridicules 1 thing, constructive criticism is another

• @dannypea I think its more to do with the fact that he instant sold when he could've easily sold the market.

• Banned

@MickTurbo it isn't constructive. Even the thread title basically says 'wow look how bad this guy is'

Simply covering his name would easily solve this problem and we could have had a proper debate about it.

• @dannypea yeh but can market sell at the high... I'm looking to buy another 300-1000 rashford before 2pm but my mates being a stickler! He's got money in bank earning nothing... I'm offering him fixed 10% return by end of season.

• Banned

@Vespasian32 that's a nice deal!