For any new traders out there just buy pogba

• @Mundek said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

can I ask what % of divs yield you reached from first day till now cuz mine is about 3% (£250 divs, port £7.5k) 🤔

I deposit and withdraw so frequently any kind of ROI or div to port ratio is meaningless. I have requested better ROI (IRR) function within the app.. or at least a user friendly filter on trans history to allow DIY easier.

I invested heavily in Neymar just before Media Madness and he's returned over £1000 in less than 3 months on £6900 investment … I recently bought 500 more and he's won several more MBs.

Pogba I've bought and sold a few times so harder to tell, but similar holds, cost and frequency of wins.

• @Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

Just because Pogba gets the most frequent... doesn't mean he gets the most or that he's making money at all.

frequency is key tho… because that's how often you can reinvest in your other strategies.

But you have your Pogba stake money to start with... and he's not made you 100% returns in dividends...

So those investments, are investments you could have jumped on without him and all the while... he's losing money?

• @Dan-The-Man said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@janner73 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

look for the guys with a significantly higher dividend yield.

That's a but tricky considering Pogba had the highest dividend yield on the index last season. And that's last season's yield against todays price - anyone who bought him 12 months ago would have a dividend yield of 50% plus significant cap app.

I don't enjoy all the Pogba pumps - as a holder I actually think it puts people off being told they have to hold him. But I'm also not a fan of all the Pogba bashing. If everyone played the same strategy then the index would be a pretty boring place.

As I said earlier in the thread. It's diminishing returns. If you got in on Pogba last year and out 4 months ago you smashed it!

But he's a completely different proposition now.

And it's not that tricky... Compare Pogba's last 3 months to all of the players in your porfolio... see where he ranks in terms of money earned.

Why 3 months?

The vast majority of users (experienced ones) buying players at the very top end of the market are looking at 1/2/3 year projections not cashing out after a few months.

• @Dan-The-Man because when I bought ferreyra or vanaken etc the certainty of rise is high, but not the extent of the rise. when I bought Pogba I was high certainty of both values. So I put money in Pogba knowing he would provide cash for me to put into 'punts'

• @Dan-The-Man Pogba has made me money not lost me money. Every trader has a different entry point and trades accordingly.
    I don't understand this someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong approach. People trade to the style that suits them - and if they're happy with that and the money they're making then that's fine.
    If we all traded the same way it would just become a race to the top and back down to the bottom on every single player.

• @Dan-The-Man

I'm going to sell him at the absolute best possible time. Or I'll fuck it right up. I'll let you know. Seriously though, I will probably look to sell sometime between March and June and buy back in when he's completed his move. Or I'll sell before that if I see an opportunity I don't want to miss. Really depends, I feel like the influx of new users to the platform this season will change the dynamic significantly enough to make concrete long range plans difficult in this kind of situation.

if you backed Pogba 3 months ago and kept him until today... you found one of the ways to lose money.

True, if you sold him today, which would be an odd thing to do having bought him 3 months ago. Wait a couple of weeks and you've probably found a way to win money.

• The endless Pogba threads, holders will passionately promote him and those who've sold up will equally passionately tell you why he's not worth having.

The reality is there's a chance he moves next summer and his price drops more than he returns in dividends.
    There's a possibility Zidane gets fired ending all Real speculation or Utd give him the new contract that he & Mino Raiola were probably angling for and his price jumps.

At the end of the day most people should realise a balanced portfolio is the way forward, that means a mix of MB, PB, IPD, youth, transfer + growth prospects etc. etc. How you mix it should be dependent on your goals and your adversity to risk.

But just for the record, Pogba last night became the first player post-split to return over £1 in dividends.

• Was originally planning to wait for 2 September and closure of all transfer windows but purchased a tiny amount yesterday and topped up again today. I do like the idea of regular dividends trickling into my portfolio, have mostly been concentrating on players that I felt were undervalued against their peers without taking much notice of MB.

Don't have any Neymar yet but think it's only a matter of time before I start building a position there, he is the natural successor to Ronaldo and Messi.

I think you need to invest a lot of time researching lesser known players with greater potential for capital appreciation.

Good discussion on here - clearly there are benefits to each strategy. Try them all and go with the one that is best for you.

• I reckon he might just sneak media top spot today

• @EMBO90 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

I reckon he might just sneak media top spot today

Even the Rashford stories are actually about Pogba.

• @Chris-J said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

Why 3 months?

Pogba rocketed in price in the build up to the share-split but that growth meant new traders, would see significantly diminishing returns going forward.

If you spent £1,000 on Pogba last year, you'd have picked up 330 Pogba, now you'd pick up 139.

Your weekly return of 5p per dividend has gone from £16.50 to £6.95

What more, your risks have grown.

He's another year older, another year further into his United contract, Sancho is already looking likely to over take him at the top of the market as the future dividend king, given his highly anticipated big money move to the Premiership next summer. (Many United fans expect Pogba out, Sancho in).

So... If he's lost money since the share split... and he's likely to lose money in the future... would you make enough dividends/CapAp if you bought in today to make it worth the risk?

• In the real world 85% of the players on index are worthless as they don’t provide dividends.
    Will be a massive crash with those players one day.

Pogba is amongst the best earner. He has picked up over 2000 media points because he missed a pen.

I’m 20 quid down on him but I have earned 900 in divs.

Laughable people who argue against Pogba on FI.

• @NewUser69589 yeh players like mbappe, sancho, havertz... Rocket in price... But earn very few divs. Mbappe had one bad game and loses 30p, he's now undesirable so low chance of market sell... Big spread. So you have to take a hit or hold while earning no divs. Pogba may lose £1 in price but while I hold I'm still earning money in him.

• @NewUser69589 I'm relatively new to FI and still getting to grips with rationale people use to buy/sell.

There is a difference between 'traders' and 'investors' which is fine.
    I somewhat agree with your point about the value of players that don't provide dividends.

There does appear to be less intrinsic value if they don't return anything in terms of dividends and you're reliant on convincing someone to take the shares off you, not easy if there is no further scope for capital appreciation or dividends.

Pogba could drop a couple of quid and you'll still be earning MB/PB, which would make buying him as he drops more attractive.

Other players could lose the same value and continue to earn you nothing.

The history of dividends a player has earned, and their potential to keep generating them really underpins the value of that asset.

I think I may have just convinced myself to re-balance my own portfolio!

• @Dan-The-Man

Again you are choosing a time period to suit your argument - it is only relevant to those who bought him at his share split peak and are selling today - Neymar & Pogba should always be purchased with a view to years ahead (not months or weeks) taking into account platform growth, dividend increases and any other future announcements.

Dividends were slashed during the s/s so your stats are off quite significantly.

Using your Sancho example do you not see any risks with him? I'm sure that a lot would agree that he is far riskier than Pogba. A future move to United is massively built into his price that i'd be surprised if he even wants - You are comparing someone with a 1% dividend yield to someone with a 33% yield.

We can't be certain what will happen in the future for players but we can be certain that dividends will increase at some point (like they have continuously as the platform has grown). It will be the current regular dividend earners (not potential future ones) that will be the main focus following any dividend increase - I've seen it happen many times now and so have many of the current Pogba & Neymar holders.

• @janner73 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man Pogba has made me money not lost me money. Every trader has a different entry point and trades accordingly.
    I don't understand this someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong approach. People trade to the style that suits them - and if they're happy with that and the money they're making then that's fine.
    If we all traded the same way it would just become a race to the top and back down to the bottom on every single player.

The problem comes when someone makes the "If you're a new user and don't know what to do... buy Pogba" statement, which is what this thread is.

It's bollox and what's worse, is it's made out like those of us who disagree... just haven't reached that conclusion yet or it's made out like a rich mans game. Like, if only you had a 6 figure portfolio, you'd see that it's correct.

If someone took that advice 3 months ago... they lost money, if they took it 4 months ago, they lost significant money.

I'm not saying Pogba has peaked and the story is over but there's nothing to say this time in 4 months the story is any better than Pogba, given that there's not a person on the planet who expects him to stay at United next season and the rise of Sancho, etc.

• @Chris-J said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man

Again you are choosing a time period to suit your argument -

You can't say that old chest nut this time.

I made this argument 4 months ago and what you're seeing with the spreadsheet is that as of today... you'd still be in the negative if you bought him back then.

But I did make it clear in my opening remarks that there could be other dates with different results. The point of the post was to show that you can't just blanket say "Get in on Pogba..." to a newb as if he's guaranteed profit.

No matter what some folk on here would have you believe...Pogba is a giant gamble... one that has seen massively diminished returns.

one that has seen massively diminished returns.

I haven't seen that... Number 1 during media madness.. Won mb and PB yesterday won mb today all I see is 💷

• @Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

one that has seen massively diminished returns.

I haven't seen that... Number 1 during media madness.. Won mb and PB yesterday won mb today all I see is 💷

Number 1 at what in media madness?

Maguire's yield destroyed Pogba's.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.