For any new traders out there just buy pogba

• @ScouseSte

And again, different opinions that why FI is unique!!

I thought that Vardy is the easiest pick from many IPD players, why...
    He was the most popular last season and with new boss who likes attacking football, Maddison the best player in Europe with stats for creating chance, Tielemans... 🤓 Easy for me to put bet on him that he would rise before season start, like for you that Pogba would be on Divs everyday, all summer 👍

• @janner73 No worries, the edit above isn't a dig at you either.

One thing that has massively altered my thinking is the volatility of the market. Trying to guess, or predict, what will happen next is impossible. During this volatile time I have chosen to go with the proven earners and count my dividends. The diversity of my portfolio will help when, or if, things settle down.

• @Mundek

Sorry, I could have put Vardy in my song there but decided to subtly pump my own portfolio 😂

• @Martyn-B In times of volatility the safest holds are those that have an underlying value - dividend winners - so it's a great strategy.

• @Mundek

One thing that our conversation has just made me think about, when making comparisons, is portfolio structure

Myself and many others try and hold a certain NUMBER of shares in each player rather than a certain £ amount. This is either for OCD reasons, simplicity of management, or, certainly in my case...a safeguard in minimising losses.

So, let's say I own those 10 Pogba's bought at £73. If I am mirroring the structure of my real portfolio, I have the same number of shares in Salah, Foden and Aouar for example. 40 shares in total.
    If I have another £73 sitting in my account, it's highly unlikely I'm going to buy 146 shares in Vardy (50p at the time). VERY RISKY if I did - if my 4 other players rise 5p each but Vardy falls 5p, I'm down £7.10 overall!
    So, with my safety-conscious portfolio strategy i am more likely to buy 10 Vardy, 10 in someone else etc..

So, let's use numbers of shares in comparison rather than value...
    10 x Pogba's bought at £73, now worth €71.30 + £7.50 cash = £5.80 profit
    10 x Vardy bought at £5.00, now worth £8.30 = £3.30 profit.

My personal approach is not to be concerned what the investment cost, it's how much will each share earn, whether via divs or cap app .

*the only time I'll deviate from this is when purchasing IPD players, higher numbers for cheap prices. This is to get that "quick fix" that many of us need 😀

• I wasn't sure which Pogba thread to post this in, so just went for whichever one was closest to the top of the forum!

I just noticed that Lukaku has been gaining moderate MB scores (around 200pts per day when he registers) on a relatively regular basis for the last couple of weeks. Given that he was a relatively weak MB player outside of transfer speculation (certainly in comparison to Pogba) whilst at Utd, does this say anything about what we might expect of Pogba's MB if he does leave for Real Madrid?

I'm not saying there's a direct comparison, but i for one am encouraged. When you leave the PL, even if you're not a media darling, there is a residual media interest, and seeing as Pogba is by far the biggest media darling, and he would be joining one of the biggest clubs in the world, in the league English media follows more than any other outside England, wouldn't we expect to see him still receiving huge coverage?

I have already made this argument elsewhere anyway, but seeing Lukaku rattle up any sort of MB scores encourages me further that even if Pogba leaves Utd, he won't be far from the headlines in the English media.

• @Wotabeast I think there would be huge media interest for the first season at least and he would be capable of plenty of 1000+ MB scores - certainly wouldn't be the cliff-fall that many seem to expect.

I say this as a non-Pogba holder.

• @Chris-J said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Wotabeast I think there would be huge media interest for the first season at least and he would be capable of plenty of 1000+ MB scores - certainly wouldn't be the cliff-fall that many seem to expect.

I say this as a non-Pogba holder.

I agree with your projection here but I have to ask, being a non-holder, when do YOU buy in? Is it in your plans ?

• @Chris-J That's exactly what i would expect as well. And seeing as Pogba (in his current situation at Man Utd) is currently UNDERPRICED compared to his dividend yield, he could even afford to lose some of his MB returns and still represent excellent value.

The thing with a Pogba move to Real is that if he did very well, he would make headlines for his match winning performances. If he did poorly or the fans didn't take to him (which is certainly not unheard of), he would surely also make headlines - we would see all sorts of stories linking Pogba with a move back to the PL etc.

• @ScouseSte Not sure what @Chris-J will have to say on this, but there are a couple of decisions to consider. If you think Pogba will stay at Man Utd, then now is the best time to buy in as surely his price will go up once the transfer window closes. If you believe he will move, then you might wish to wait until the move happens as surely his price will fall further if and when he leaves.

If it were me, i would look at both situations and consider buying now rather than waiting. I believe my predictions about Pogba's MB at Real Madrid would be fairly accurate, so even if he moved and his price dropped, i believe it would eventually return to a higher point than it currently is in the medium term. If he stays at Utd, his price will surely go up quite steeply.

• @ScouseSte I tend to avoid the £5+ players unless there is an irrational drop - only hold Neymar who I bought in at £6.63 at the breaking of his allegations and Sterling at £2.73 from my early days.

My de-risking and eventual exit strategy over the next 6-12 months doesn’t allow me to pump any further funds in unfortunately.

• @Chris-J said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@ScouseSte I tend to avoid the £5+ players unless there is an irrational drop - only hold Neymar who I bought in at £6.63 at the breaking of his allegations and Sterling at £2.73 from my early days.

My de-risking and eventual exit strategy over the next 6-12 months doesn’t allow me to pump any further funds in unfortunately.

You've got Neymar so that's enough.

Of the top 4, I hold only one dividend-earner (Pogba) and one for cap app (Mbappe).

• @ScouseSte said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

Of the top 4, I hold only one dividend-earner (Pogba)

Doesn't it worry you, that even during times of Pogba dominating the MB... his price is going the other way?

I mean... we could all see he was about to win MB 3 days in a row... yet his price has gone from £7.17 to £7.14

It's hardly a big deal to lose 3p, especially when he's gained more via MB in that time... but doesn't it speak to the amount of people trying to get out of Pogba?

His spread is 43p too, (6%) compared to someone like Rasfords (3%).

Which to me implies theres quite a few folk with Pogba in the queue.

• @Dan-The-Man im happy to answer this and the answer is no, ive recently just bought into pogba at £7.10 and will top up if he did go below £7 say. Prior to this i thought holding one of the big boys would be stressful and for others it maybe but its flucuated a little but i am enjoying the divs and just forgetting about the value. Not sure why it would worry people and nothing has changed in 3 days to suggest his price would rise. People might get on when european window shuts but we will see on that, you can see hes a div magnet and whilst mbappee for example has increased considerably as we speak that value isnt warranted (not saying it wouldnt in the future and the quality he possess is huge) but will people continue to hold not earning divs at such a high value

My personal approach is not to be concerned what the investment cost, it's how much will each share earn, whether via divs or cap app .

This is exactly how I do it... Whether the player costs £1 or £7 I will try to buy in equal quantities so the rise/loss and divs are the same impact. I don't want 50,000 Doherty cos I'd lose £500 every time he dropped a penny... While my 1000 neymar only make £30 when winning triple media. Seems crazy risk management for those that worry more about the investment amount rather than share quantity.

• @Dan-The-Man

Why worry? Pogba is a portion of a portfolio, not a single member. Where he may drop a penny or two here and there, because I have AN EQUAL NUMBER OF SHARES in a few other players, their rises counteract his drop (Pogba falls but Rashford gains).
    All the while, physical cash is coming into my account from Pogba (and others) almost daily.

It is pretty much a NO LOSE strategy.

It's only the likes of yourself and @Ericali who seem intent on trying to spread fear about holding Pogba, and that's because you want to be proven right about getting out when you did.

Come on lads, swallow thy pride and buy back in. Then we can all enjoy the good times together 😊

• I own pogba because he gets dividends and I reckon his price will rise throughout the season.

Fight me

• @Dan-The-Man

A couple of other points - you compare Pogba's spread to Rashford. So can I only own ONE of these players? No! I hold them both.

Your argument seems to imply that people who own Pogba dont have anyone else in their portfolio, which is an absurd thought!

The majority of Pogba holders now are probably experienced traders who have committed to the cause and it looks like it's paid off (massive dividend gains plus likely to stay at man Utd = price will rise). Experienced traders will have a diverse portfolio so there is unlikely to be anyone worrying about Pogba's price. So don't concern yourself mate, we're all fine.

And I really hope you are correct about Pogba's spread indicating lots in the sell queue - tell me Dan....
    What happens to Pogba's price if these shares in the queue get bought?
    And what happens if they don't get bought and are taken off the market?

• It's only the likes of yourself and @Ericali who seem intent on trying to spread fear about holding Pogba, and that's because you want to be proven right about getting out when you did.

Come on lads, swallow thy pride and buy back in. Then we can all enjoy the good times together 😊

^^^
    Me?? 😱 @ScouseSte

I've hardly said a word, been as quiet as a mouse on this thread.... 🙊

@Dan-The-Man

It's only the likes of yourself and @Ericali who seem intent on trying to spread fear about holding Pogba, and that's because you want to be proven right about getting out when you did.

Come now mate, you know me better than that.

My decision to get out of Pogba when I did, has already been proven right... There hasn't been a day since I got out of him, where I'd have been better off keeping him and the money has since been spent on significantly more profitable opportunities.

I even tagged you in a post a month or so back, saying "I'd get in now if I had spare cash in my portfolio" followed by "I'd get out now"... during which time, he rocketed and has since fallen. So, let's not be making out like I'm on here creating fear.

When I think he's a good buy, I say it, when I think he's a bad buy, I say it.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.