For any new traders out there just buy pogba

• It's only the likes of yourself and @Ericali who seem intent on trying to spread fear about holding Pogba, and that's because you want to be proven right about getting out when you did.

Come on lads, swallow thy pride and buy back in. Then we can all enjoy the good times together 😊

^^^
    Me?? 😱 @ScouseSte

I've hardly said a word, been as quiet as a mouse on this thread.... 🙊

• @ScouseSte said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man

It's only the likes of yourself and @Ericali who seem intent on trying to spread fear about holding Pogba, and that's because you want to be proven right about getting out when you did.

Come now mate, you know me better than that.

My decision to get out of Pogba when I did, has already been proven right... There hasn't been a day since I got out of him, where I'd have been better off keeping him and the money has since been spent on significantly more profitable opportunities.

I even tagged you in a post a month or so back, saying "I'd get in now if I had spare cash in my portfolio" followed by "I'd get out now"... during which time, he rocketed and has since fallen. So, let's not be making out like I'm on here creating fear.

When I think he's a good buy, I say it, when I think he's a bad buy, I say it.

• @Dan-The-Man u sold at an awful time... Hes won so much divs since. Cash in hand.

• @Dan-The-Man not saying your trying to create fear but what was the purpose of your question about "are you worried" why even ask that?

And your point about making money elsewhere, everyone has different strategies but its only cap app if you got out which you may have done but not everyone will.

You were correct about Pogba but theres others you've been wrong on the same as all of us.

• @Shippers he wasn't correct about pogba, he thought he was leaving and spent months saying his div returns would dwindle. Pogba has earned the most divs since.

The value of his share is irrelevant if its £5 tomo... So what, if its £8 so what? The value is relevant when you sell. Hes made imaginary money on Henderson who has flatlined for a while now and not returned any money. Those of us holding pogba may be losing a little port value ON HIM... But have received lots of cash we reinvest into players doing a lot better than Henderson.

• @Shippers said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man not saying your trying to create fear but what was the purpose of your question about "are you worried" why even ask that?

To learn.

I find that I learn far more, conversing with people who hold different views to me. There's always a chance that someone else in the room, has more knowledge, or has thought about something I haven't.

Also because there's a slither of a chance, Steve hadn't considered those things. Unlikely as that is...

You were correct about Pogba but theres others you've been wrong on the same as all of us.

I've never claimed to be perfect mate and I think if you look back through my posts, you'll see that I've made threads about my failings. That said my batting average is pretty good. I think that's because I tend to be more selective about the number of players I write about. I have a portfolio of 15-40 at any particular time, but tend to write about the 2 or 3 players I feel strongest about... and every now and then throw out someone like Moutinho who I'm not too sure about, to see what others think.

• @Ericali sorry mate, I know you've been good
    LATELY but you've still got form my friend 😂😂

• @Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Shippers he wasn't correct about pogba, he thought he was leaving and spent months saying his div returns would dwindle. Pogba has earned the most divs since.

Go back and look at those posts... you'll find I said... IF Pogba leaves his dividends will dwindle.

That's an important IF.

The value of his share is irrelevant if its £5 tomo... So what, if its £8 so what? The value is relevant when you sell. Hes made imaginary money on Henderson who has flatlined for a while now and not returned any money. Those of us holding pogba may be losing a little port value ON HIM... But have received lots of cash we reinvest into players doing a lot better than Henderson.

You haven't made money on Pogba until you sell him.

You've simply moved your loses to the end, whilst tying up your opportunity costs.

If you had £1,000 to spend now... and you put it on Pogba, you'd get 140 futures at £7.14

If he dropped to £5 tomorrow (your example)... £300 down.

Pogba would have to win dividends 107 times just to break even and in the time it took him to do that, you've lost months worth of opportunity cost.

Let's look at this a different way.

If instead of betting £1,000 on Pogba... you just put that in a draw and every time he would have won a dividend you placed a bet... you'd have all the same bets you were going to place with his dividends... but you wouldn't be £300 down and at no point did you risk £1,000.

So of course it matters what happens to his price.

• @Dan-The-Man said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@ScouseSte said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man

It's only the likes of yourself and @Ericali who seem intent on trying to spread fear about holding Pogba, and that's because you want to be proven right about getting out when you did.

My decision to get out of Pogba when I did, has already been proven right... There hasn't been a day since I got out of him, where I'd have been better off keeping him and the money has since been spent on significantly more profitable opportunities.

I even tagged you in a post a month or so back, saying "I'd get in now if I had spare cash in my portfolio" followed by "I'd get out now"... during which time, he rocketed and has since fallen. So, let's not be making out like I'm on here creating fear.

OK Dan, you personally were in a position to gain from selling Pogba when you did. That's fine and nobody is disputing that. Well done. But that's irrelevant now mate. That's a historic trade. So let's look at US, the ones who hold Pogba now.

You have all the information further down this thread on why me holding Pogba is almost absolutely safe (hedged by holding the same number of shares in Rashford, Salah etc), so you now know that nobody is worried holding Pogba now (given that their portfolios are similar).

Surely you can now concede that us holders are in a great position? All the figures / portfolio info / earnings is detailed in the thread.

And as you failed to answer the two questions I fired back at you, regarding your assessment that Pogba's spread means there is lots in the sale queue, allow me. ..

I asked what happens when those shares in the sell queue are bought?
    Yes Dan, it means Pogba's share price RISES.

I also asked what happens if those shares are withdrawn from sale?
    Yes Dan, that also means Pogba's share price WILL RISE.

As you can probably gauge, there is supreme confidence and pleasure in having Pogba shares as part of a well balanced portfolio. To me it's an absolute no-brainer.

No worries mate 😉

@Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Shippers he wasn't correct about pogba, he thought he was leaving and spent months saying his div returns would dwindle. Pogba has earned the most divs since.

Go back and look at those posts... you'll find I said... IF Pogba leaves his dividends will dwindle.

That's an important IF.

You've simply moved your loses to the end, whilst tying up your opportunity costs.

If you had £1,000 to spend now... and you put it on Pogba, you'd get 140 futures at £7.14

Pogba would have to win dividends 107 times just to break even and in the time it took him to do that, you've lost months worth of opportunity cost.

If instead of betting £1,000 on Pogba... you just put that in a draw and every time he would have won a dividend you placed a bet... you'd have all the same bets you were going to place with his dividends... but you wouldn't be £300 down and at no point did you risk £1,000.

No he wouldn't... You still ignore what I can do with those dividend wins. You don't get it. When I land back in England il show you my last 4 days whilst unable to trade... I'm expecting £200ish... From investments already made in pogba, neymar, ronaldo, rashford... That £200 can go into anyone... Probably bonucci/Rashica top ups. Any money they make can be attributed to my investment in pogba, neymar, ronaldo, rashford... Then next week il win another £100+ hopefully and reinvest thst and any money made on that will be attributed to my initial investment in the div winners. So he doesn't have to earn 107 divs at all... That's Fake news bro!

@Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

That's an important IF.

To reiterate 😩... Lost 17p a share on Pogba since end of season 1st June. Won 78p a share in dividends. 61p profit per share in 2.5 months. Fact.

So we HAVE made money without selling him. It's in my account now!

Forget about your angle of "if you bought Pogba now". Nobody is strongly advocating traders buy in now (although I wouldnt rule it out 😉).
    We are talking about long term holders who had the balls to hold and even top-up during the uncertain summer, who have been and are still reaping the rewards daily ... and it's just burning some ex-holders heads out.
    Let it go.

I sold Rhian Brewster for about a quid last year. I'm not on here saying "ooooo he's a bubble, arent you worried? !" I've got to suck it up and be happy for those who still hold him.
    Same with Mason Mount. Only sold just over a week ago and I'm SICK now that he's boomed since. "Ooooo Mason Mount might get injured though. Aren't you worried? ?" Haha it's not on mate. It's just sour grapes.

• @ScouseSte surely the elephant in the room is that Dan sold pogba... Therefore at some point he bought him... And pogba would always have been higher price than Henderson. So he obviously believed in buying dividend winners... He was quite strong about kane too. So his arguments about pogba have a huge agenda rather than any principle belief in not investing in the top end div winners.

• @Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

No he wouldn't... You still ignore what I can do with those dividend wins. You don't get it. When I land back in England il show you my last 4 days whilst unable to trade... I'm expecting £200ish... From investments already made in pogba, neymar, ronaldo, rashford... That £200 can go into anyone... Probably bonucci/Rashica top ups. Any money they make can be attributed to my investment in pogba, neymar, ronaldo, rashford... Then next week il win another £100+ hopefully and reinvest thst and any money made on that will be attributed to my initial investment in the div winners. So he doesn't have to earn 107 divs at all... That's Fake news bro!

I'm not ignoring those dividends mate. See my draw example... "every time he would have won a dividend you placed a bet.... you'd have all the same bets you were going to place with his dividends"

So all that money from Bonucci... you still would have won just without the £1,000 risk or the £300 loss.

Until you cash in Pogba... they are drip feeding you access to your own money and calling it a dividend. FI aren't on here to give you money.... they are betting that the longer you hold Pogba... the more likely they are to win.

• @ScouseSte said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man

OK Dan, you personally were in a position to gain from selling Pogba when you did. That's fine and nobody is disputing that. Well done. But that's irrelevant now mate. That's a historic trade. So let's look at US, the ones who hold Pogba now.

You have all the information further down this thread on why me holding Pogba is almost absolutely safe (hedged by holding the same number of shares in Rashford, Salah etc), so you now know that nobody is worried holding Pogba now (given that their portfolios are similar).

Surely you can now concede that us holders are in a great position? All the figures / portfolio info / earnings is detailed in the thread.

And as you failed to answer the two questions I fired back at you, regarding your assessment that Pogba's spread means there is lots in the sale queue, allow me. ..

As you can probably gauge, there is supreme confidence and pleasure in having Pogba shares as part of a well balanced portfolio. To me it's an absolute no-brainer.

No worries mate 😉

Sorry Steve, not ignoring you mate... gonna read through it properly now.

• @Dan-The-Man if talking gamble... Buying a shit like hendo with 1 div return in his FI life expectancy is pure gamble. You could have put that on at the Booky.

Pogba is safe as they come, I'm still in profit in cap ap and made loads of divs and made money on those divs.

Investing in a gamble cap ap player works but id want my multiple streams of income not just rely on that. I think you need a shroom... To open up your head space. You've got blinkers on. I'm sure in reality you do have and believe in a diverse portfolio... Just crying in your soup cos u chose kane over pogba and neymar.

@Dan-The-Man said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man

No worries mate 😉

Sorry Steve, not ignoring you mate... gonna read through it properly now.

0_1566494238140_images.jpeg

😉

• Here's my response (or take on the subject) when @Friedeggs asked me if I would be dipping my toe & buying Pogba again:-

"There's no point for the foreseeable future.

Although he may hit £7.80 or £8 when the European transfer window closes, when January comes around & their is more speculation his price will surely drop again? 🤔 So the profits are superficial & just go up or down.

If I cashed out in November to beat the January drop off at £8 & bought in today at his current price of £7.15 I'd make around 10% on my investment after paying out my 16p a share commission.

So, if I bought 1,000 Pogba's it would cost me an outlay of £7,150 & I'd clear about £715 profit for 3 months "work" if I sold him to market at £8 in the middle of November.

Problem is, I've tied up £7k for 3 months.

If i invested my £7k into other players lower down the food chain I'd hope to easily make £1,500 over the same time period.

Less than 3 months ago I purchased 3,000 Kolarov & I've currently made over 25% by buying in at 40p & today he costs 51p.

When he's still at Roma when the European transfer window closes he will be even higher.

A much better percentage return for much less capital investment. (below)"

0_1566494748516_1566326766320-screenshot_20190820-194503.png

• @Ericali yeh bit like Dan tho this is retrospective success... It was a bit hairy there with costant reports of interest from Turkey. Roma obvs open to getting rid... So will he play? If not he will crash in price. What's the spread now... What will you have actually made if you have to IS 3000 shares in a rat race to get rid.

Great business if he's first choice again... But you must accept this is a much bigger risk than pogba. And you have only talked about making 10% cap ap on pogba... Not the dividend return and what you would make on those dividends in the meantime

• @Vespasian32 he's currently 52p & the spread is 50p.

He was never going to Turkey as Roma was asking for between 5.5-7m for him & Fenerbahce didn't want to pay a fee!

I've no doubt he will be first choice, 9 goals last season from defence doesn't suggest he's on the wane & the other LB they bought to eventually replace Kolarov has just been injured in the past 24 hours.

Which all but guarantees his stay.

If Pogba won 1p a share I would only collect £10 for every 1,000 Pogba's I held.

He'd also take up nearly a third of my portfolio value. And having nearly a third of anyone's portfolio value in one player is sheer madness if anything untoward happened.

• Plus I don't think it was a bigger risk than Pogba.

If Pogba left he easily would have dropped £1.50-£2.

Kolarov had already dropped from 65p to 38p on the speculation to Turkey. If he went he probably would have dropped to 20-25p.

I would have lost £300-£400 on an £1,200 outlay.

If he hits 60p by Saturday night (as I expect) it will be a £600 profit or 50% capital appreciation. 💰

A loss of £2 on Pogba would have left me £2,000 out of pocket on my £7,150 outlay.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.