For any new traders out there just buy pogba

• @Timothee-Atouba said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

I’ll just deposit

ah so you have a bottomless pit of money and a pet unicorn. good for you

• @Timothee-Atouba that is @Vespasian32 whole argument for Pogba. Not everyone can deposit 100s of £ every time they want to "jump on" somebody, hence why if you hold Pogba/Neymar, they constantly win divs and putting money into your account, allowing you to then "jump on" somebody. That is his thinking if I'm correct

• @Vespasian32

Your shares of Neymar are bigger then my whole port 🤓... and that why we are playing in different leagues mate! Two completely different ways to make money... anyway, can I ask what % of divs yield you reached from first day till now cuz mine is about 3% (£250 divs, port £7.5k) 🤔

• @Dan-The-Man said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

Just as it isn't a sensible strategy for someone with £40 to buy 5 Pogbas .. its not sensible for someone with £5k plus to buy 20,000 Doherty. It skews the base price of a cheap player too much … too hard to sell... high risk timing it right.

That's a false choice though mate.

You don't need to buy 20,000 Doherty, because there's an absolute wealth of players growing on the market.

I bet you could give me 20 players who will grow to spread that across with a fairly high success rate.

I regularly come up with gems.. but each gem rises quick then will stagnate when they find an appropriate base price. its exhausting and for my risk adversity only ever going to be a portion of my portfolio strategy. If you can afford the elite players, id advise allotting a portion of your port to them.. they will consistently return cash - whether they are injured, on strike, off form etc.

• @Andy said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Timothee-Atouba that is @Vespasian32 whole argument for Pogba. Not everyone can deposit 100s of £ every time they want to "jump on" somebody, hence why if you hold Pogba/Neymar, they constantly win divs and putting money into your account, allowing you to then "jump on" somebody. That is his thinking if I'm correct

So let’s put our 4p from yesterday out of a £7 odd player into other players when you could just put your Pogba outlay into players that are likely to appreciate?

• @Specksynder said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

When you say, you'd never sell. I say this friendly... wake up mate.

I didn't mean or say that I would never sell. I was talking about now, as you were.

Ok... so when will you sell?

• He's getting older every day which impacts trader interest.
    • The date he leaves the Premiership is getting closer by the day.
    • The date the media find a new star is drawing closer by the day.

When do you get out?

Bare in mind... he' lost over a pound per future in value since April.

• Why don’t Pogba holders just enjoy their yield instead of pumping him to bursting point and questioning the sanity of anybody that sells.
    When there’s a new thread every couple of weeks about him being ‘dumped’ it could be telling people something.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

Pogba outlay into players that are likely to appreciate?

but you do that once - what if some are stinkers … there is no additional revenue stream. Pogba can make cap ap, he can win pb, he WILL win MB and provide frequent cash to fund your other strategies and purchases.

• @Dan-The-Man @Vespasian32 @Timothee-Atouba
    The way I see it you're all right. There are different ways to make a profit on FI and many things determine what is the best strategy for an individual - money available, time available being 2 key factors.
    I don't see why the choice has to be one way or another - a good diverse portfolio will take in all parts of the market as we all know how quickly the trends change. What do you think happens to the likes of Pogba if FI announce a dividend increase in the next few months - he'll rocket!

• @Vespasian32 Of course everybody will at some point land on a stinker but over a period of time everybody on here will know if they’re capable of putting Pogba to better use elsewhere or not.
    I’m sure you are, some of your input on the forum is very respectable. But if you want to get that Pogba revenue stream which as I’ve already said is a good one then it’s not a bad tactic.
    Just the constant pumping gives me the hump!

• @janner73 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

@Dan-The-Man @Vespasian32 @Timothee-Atouba
    The way I see it you're all right.

We're not.... but I like the mediator approach :-)

There are different ways to make a profit on FI

Absolutely true... and if you backed Pogba 3 months ago and kept him until today... you found one of the ways to lose money.

I don't see why the choice has to be one way or another -

Because no matter how much money you have... you can only spend it once and todays opportunities aren't necessarily here tomorrow.

I'm all for advocating for a dividend approach. I'm just saying, look for the guys with a significantly higher dividend yield. Just because Pogba gets the most frequent... doesn't mean he gets the most or that he's making money at all.

look for the guys with a significantly higher dividend yield.

That's a but tricky considering Pogba had the highest dividend yield on the index last season. And that's last season's yield against todays price - anyone who bought him 12 months ago would have a dividend yield of 50% plus significant cap app.

I don't enjoy all the Pogba pumps - as a holder I actually think it puts people off being told they have to hold him. But I'm also not a fan of all the Pogba bashing. If everyone played the same strategy then the index would be a pretty boring place.

That's a but tricky considering Pogba had the highest dividend yield on the index last season. And that's last season's yield against todays price - anyone who bought him 12 months ago would have a dividend yield of 50% plus significant cap app.

I don't enjoy all the Pogba pumps - as a holder I actually think it puts people off being told they have to hold him. But I'm also not a fan of all the Pogba bashing. If everyone played the same strategy then the index would be a pretty boring place.

As I said earlier in the thread. It's diminishing returns. If you got in on Pogba last year and out 4 months ago you smashed it!

But he's a completely different proposition now.

And it's not that tricky... Compare Pogba's last 3 months to all of the players in your porfolio... see where he ranks in terms of money earned.

• @Dan-The-Man And I respect your opinion and you're entitled not to hold him - but for others they value the dividends and don't worry about the price fluctuations.

That's what makes FI great - there are multiple ways to make money.

Just because Pogba gets the most frequent... doesn't mean he gets the most or that he's making money at all.

frequency is key tho… because that's how often you can reinvest in your other strategies.

@Dan-The-Man And I respect your opinion and you're entitled not to hold him - but for others they value the dividends and don't worry about the price fluctuations.

That's what makes FI great - there are multiple ways to make money.

Ok... I feel like I must just not be getting it.

Maybe this is my inexperience shining through.

How is losing money over the last 3 months... making money?

• @Dan-The-Man so if that's your logic no one should buy Henderson, 33p Henderson is value, 53p he is not. Maybe just maybe he rises to 60-65pish but i doubt he will plus your just playing a huge waiting game for that one div that may never come. Pogba at the mo is good value and will earn you divs. We all have to get out at some point but i buy Pogba today im earning consistent divs. If people want this strategy than thats their strategy

• @Mundek said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

can I ask what % of divs yield you reached from first day till now cuz mine is about 3% (£250 divs, port £7.5k) 🤔

I deposit and withdraw so frequently any kind of ROI or div to port ratio is meaningless. I have requested better ROI (IRR) function within the app.. or at least a user friendly filter on trans history to allow DIY easier.

I invested heavily in Neymar just before Media Madness and he's returned over £1000 in less than 3 months on £6900 investment … I recently bought 500 more and he's won several more MBs.

Pogba I've bought and sold a few times so harder to tell, but similar holds, cost and frequency of wins.

• @Vespasian32 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

Just because Pogba gets the most frequent... doesn't mean he gets the most or that he's making money at all.

frequency is key tho… because that's how often you can reinvest in your other strategies.

But you have your Pogba stake money to start with... and he's not made you 100% returns in dividends...

So those investments, are investments you could have jumped on without him and all the while... he's losing money?

@janner73 said in For any new traders out there just buy pogba:

As I said earlier in the thread. It's diminishing returns. If you got in on Pogba last year and out 4 months ago you smashed it!

But he's a completely different proposition now.

And it's not that tricky... Compare Pogba's last 3 months to all of the players in your porfolio... see where he ranks in terms of money earned.

Why 3 months?

The vast majority of users (experienced ones) buying players at the very top end of the market are looking at 1/2/3 year projections not cashing out after a few months.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.