Brewster

• What price does he become attractive again for a new user?

• @Collymore10 i reckon around £2.50-£2.75 mate hasn’t made matchday squad bench yet. Looks like 7th choice forward behind the big 3 and Origi, Shaqiri and now even the Ox is playing through the middle ahead of him.

But maybe see what his problem price is the week leading up to the Liverpool league cup game, most likely get a chance then.

I don’t hold him but like you I’m waiting for the right moment to potentially jump on him. Hope that helps mate

• 0.95 for me!!!

;-)

• He played in a 3-0 loss to Chelsea u23s last night.

I said it in another post a while ago but I don't think we will see that much of Brewster until later in the season.

Might get a league cup game or even FA cup start but klopp is managing his return very sensibly 👌

• If he drops below £2.50 I will probably jump on board...even though it pains me to admit it

• I'm involved now.... The price gap to Greenwood is too large not to get involved.

These 2 are both hyped youngsters at the No.1 & No.2 clubs in England.

• @Ericali said in Brewster:

I'm involved now.... The price gap to Greenwood is too large not to get involved.

These 2 are both hyped youngsters at the No.1 & No.2 clubs in England.

Spot on Eric. Just surprising that the kid at the number 2 club is more expensive 😉

• @Timothee-Atouba not going to bite 👌🎏

• Origi has overtaken him.

I'm happy to wait for a squad announcement and jump on.

England competition is to high also nowhere near the team.

• I'm in. He hit £3.80 just at the anticipation of getting a prem game. Nothing has really changed. Happy to wait, even if it means being in the red. Will probably top up if that's the case.

• He is down £1 from his summer peak - 1 or 2 injuries to the Liverpool frontline and he flies straight back up.

• @Ericali totally different circumstances mate. Greenwood is in premier league matchday squads and has come on as sub in both games. Brewster not in matchday squads yet. Greenwood will start European games, Brewster probably won’t make match day squads.
    Greenwood 2 years younger and more involved in first team that’s why the price is different

• @NewUser348798 not totally different circumstances.

Brewster has been in a match day squad for a Champions League semi final, has Greenwood? 🤔

Brewster also top scored in a world cup winning tournament for England.

I'm not picking one over the other here - I've held Greenwood in the past & now I hold Brewster.

Neither have scored a senior goal so it is a fair comparison as they play the same position for the 2 biggest clubs.

I put my money where I see the value. If they were the same price I'd invest in Greenwood, but their not.....

Greenwood is £4.51
    Brewster is £2.88

He's about 80% cheaper.

On that basis, (for me) the value lies with Brewster. 💰

• Owned Brester since £1.61...cheers!! (come on Klopp, give him a break)

Greenwood is £4.51
    Brewster is £2.88

He's about 93% cheaper.

36% cheaper.

• in fairness to Greenwood at least he's kicked a ball this season... although not sure if that merits a £4.50 footballer these days???

As mentioned previously though holding any young United or Liverpool player especially with England youth credentials is a sure way to make money on the index as every tom dick and harry will jump on board the train leading to ridiculous rises in value!!!

Jumping on board at the earliest opportunity is essential with the key probably in getting out at their height before they are loaned to Wigan Athletic or Preston North End???????

• @WithoutLimit said in Brewster:

@Ericali said in Brewster:

Greenwood is £4.51
    Brewster is £2.88

He's about 93% cheaper.

36% cheaper.

I stand corrected, but Maths is not your strong point either - as yours is virtually as bad as guess as mine! 🤣

If he (Brewster £2.88) was 100% dearer he would cost £5.66.

Greenwood is currently £4.51 - so he's 56.59% dearer than a Brewster.

451p - 288p = 163p.

163p (difference in price) ÷ 2.88 (Brewster's price) = 56.59 (which is the percentage)

@WithoutLimit said in Brewster:

@Ericali said in Brewster:

Greenwood is £4.51
    Brewster is £2.88

He's about 93% cheaper.

36% cheaper.

I stand corrected, but Maths is not your strong point either - as yours is virtually as bad as guess as mine! 🤣

Not a guess, and I don't think you'd want to go into how strong my Maths is ... but for reference:

Greenwood is £4.51
    Brewster is £2.88

You said "Brewster is 93% cheaper than Greenwood", which if true would make him 32p (i.e. 7% of Greenwood's price):

4.51 - (0.93 * 4.51) = 4.51 - 4.19 = 0.32
    or equivalently:
    7% of £4.51 = 0.07 * 4.51 = £0.32

My correction was that "Brewster is 36% cheaper than Greenwood" which is absolutely correct (ignoring rounding), and equivalent to 64% of of his price i.e.

£4.51 - (0.36 * 4.51)
    or:
    £4.51 * 0.64

Which gives you Brewster's price of 2.88

Brewster is 36% cheaper than Greenwood ...

• @WithoutLimit As a Maths teacher I can confirm your calculations are spot on haha

• I spent all summer moaning that I'd missed the yth bubble, he is now at a price where I am topping up with divs even though my initial small lump on him was at a far less price.

Cycles of fi, to make good cap app on popular players you have to buy when they aren't doing very well. His time will come again.

Just wish Greenwood would crash too, I've never got on him.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.