Sell Advice

• Can i get a bit of advice on selling?

I have bought Daniel James at 2.73 and since he has had a poor game last night and now £2.52. If i join the que how does this work and what price should i aim for? What does everyone else do in this situation? Many Thanks

• @NewUser47391 I hold usually until he has a good game or 2 and then sell to market on a spike..which i expect him to do within a month

• Thanks for replying. Yes this is an option. Do you normally quick sell futures or join que?

• @NewUser47391 if you sell him to market now you'll lose 20p per share (even more if you IS!) plus 2% commission, why would you do that? Buy low, sell high not the other way round!!

• Keep him all season, he has a few wales for games coming up and europa league for united.

• I am not going to sell up but just advice as im not too familiar with the selling. Will i get the current buy price if i que him or what way does it work? Read rules and it says price isnt guaranteed. also is quick sell popular? seems a much bigger lose

• @NewUser47391 said in Sell Advice:

I am not going to sell up but just advice as im not too familiar with the selling. Will i get the current buy price if i que him or what way does it work? Read rules and it says price isnt guaranteed. also is quick sell popular? seems a much bigger lose

Because someone else might sell while you are in the queue and it could drop the price, although there is a reserve function but it doesn’t work very well.

Really you just have to monitor a player if they are up for sale, its no big deal.

Instant sell is when FI buy a player back off you and and it’s the cheaper price.

All sells have 2%commsion.

Instant sell is okay when used in the right way but that comes with experience.

• Thanks again for advice. When you say about a player being "up for sale" do you mean people queing or price dropping

• @NewUser47391 when you put your player in the sell queue it depends on how much demand there is for that player at that point in time. So for instance James didn't have a great game therefore probably little demand for him at this point in time. So probably the worst time to sell , but if at weekend plays well gets an assist of even better scores then demand will be high his price will go up and he will sell quickly, this is the best time to sell. Adding to this probably a couple of minutes after he scores could probably be where he peaks (not always the case) so if your on the ball you can maximize your gains. Hope this helps. I hold James but don't intend to sell at the moment but I got him around 2.00.

• @NewUser47391 said in Sell Advice:

Thanks again for advice. When you say about a player being "up for sale" do you mean people queing or price dropping

Traders listing players drop the price.

Sometimes there can be a big dip on a player and it's loads of a player all up for sale at the same time.

• Patience is normally the name of the game. There are things you should consider:
    Why did you buy him, Is your strategy long term or quick flip? Timing of your buy is crucial as divs depend on this and on match days can get very volatile.
    It looks as though you have bought at the wrong time for a quick flip, so my advice would be to hold on and he will probably rise back up as he is young etc. This isn't true for all players and if you were in the same situation with an ageing, journeyman type player I'd maybe be thinking of cutting my losses.
    You will probably only be able to sell a player to market(sell queue) when they are currently rising in price, as there is a demand for the player. Again timing is crucial, if the player starts to fall in price then the chances of you selling to market decrease and Instant Sell may become your only option. Try not to instant sell players. I only use this when I cut my losses or I've made enough profit and the market for the player is stagnant and I would like to invest elsewhere. These are only my opinions and others are far more well versed in the game than me. I would say above all, think long and hard before making any purchase, as the only time I've been a little burnt is by rash decisions. Good luck.

• @NewUser47391

If you need any guidance on setting an exit strategy and when to sell your players, I made a video specifically on this topic, covering the exit strategy for each of my players, covering hold type, hold duration, target percentages etc. You could apply the same method and thought process to your own players.

▶️ Exit Strategy: When to Sell? - https://youtu.be/WuhwkY_RP1s

0_1566395331089_Exit Strategy.jpg