Dele Alli £1.88

• Strikes me as undervalued now. Just back from injury, only 23, should be nailed on for England squad at Euros, good goalscoring and assists record. Need I go on...? Big season for him but just needs to find form and fitness and should prosper on the pitch and the index!

• I agree he seems to be undervalued at the moment after having a off season last year, every other season he's been great. I think Spurs midfield lacked balance last year and that really affected how he played, with NDombele/Lo Celso coming in perhaps he can return to form.

• Eriksen moving on would be better for his price as he could play closer to Kane again.

If I held, I'd be hoping for Eriksen to Juventus, Madrid or Barcelona in the coming weeks.

• @Ericali I do hold but not hoping for Eriksen to leave as not good for my club. But agreed for FI purposes 🙂

• If u look at players priced similar or lower than alli to me he looks over priced! Does nothing at spurs since 1st couple of seasons and in a England shirt he's a passenger if/when he plays can't see him in an England shirt next tourn

• If they can’t sell Eriksen I actually wouldn’t be surprised to see him frozen out after the international break. Provided he doesn’t sign an extension of course.

• @CLACKETT which players are you actually comparing him with? Had a bad season by his standards last year and still earned more divs than Maddison who's now at £3.62

• @Snrub totally agree. Think alli is very underpriced. He gets a lot of stick for his bad season last year but he was injured and playing out of position at times with spurs centre mid prob. The Maddison comparison for me is perfect. Someone who has had 1 good season in the PL of similar age, yet double the price

• @HPcoys said in Dele Alli £1.88:

@Snrub totally agree. Think alli is very underpriced. He gets a lot of stick for his bad season last year but he was injured and playing out of position at times with spurs centre mid prob. The Maddison comparison for me is perfect. Someone who has had 1 good season in the PL of similar age, yet double the price

He has only had 1 season in the EPL to be fair.

• @Snrub Maddison on the way up alli on the way down. T hazard, zanilo,alcacer,fekir to name a few.

• @CLACKETT said in Dele Alli £1.88:

@Snrub Maddison on the way up alli on the way down. T hazard, zanilo,alcacer,fekir to name a few.

None of those 4 you name are English. Dele will make England squad for Euros if fit. As for being on way down, that's based on 1 mediocre, injury ravaged season. Still bags of potential for me this season. The gigantic gap in price to Maddison is just crazy.

• @Hotspur it was based on players around him at same price range who are beter in value on the index.

• I think Dele will do well this year - he's had a rest this summer, and should be in a better position in the team. A pretty safe hold I would say.

• @CLACKETT remember when you compare on the index only a small portion of the price is based on performance. League, age, nationality and team play much bigger roles than ability

@Snrub Maddison on the way up alli on the way down. T hazard, zanilo,alcacer,fekir to name a few.

Hazard - 5p cheaper. Negatives - older, not English, not playing in PL. Positives - good PB
    Zanilo - 4p cheaper. Negatives - not English, not playing in PL, 1 PB win. Positives - younger
    Alcacer - 2p cheaper. Negatives - older, not English, not playing in PL. Positives - IPDs?
    Fekir - 4p dearer. Negatives - older, not English, not playing in PL. Positives - good PB potentially

If Hazard for example transferred to spurs he'd be upto a £1 more expensive which makes Alli look very cheap and he's nailed on for England in my opinion, can't see anyone taking his place before the Euros.

• Personally i feel Alli is underpriced but then that also makes me consider Lingards price. Both have similar media appeal, lingards a little older but plays for a bigger media club

And yet i dont feel that Lingard is under priced and i cant explain why i feel Alli is

• Alli is definitely underpriced and grossly underestimated by traders and football fans in general, based on one season which was average by his standards.

He can frustrate as he sometimes looks like a flighty player who loses possession a lot, but he is brave in the final third, is capable of pulling off a moment of magic to open teams up, and crucially he saves his best for the biggest games. It is noticeable that Spurs are a better team with him in it.

If England could find a way to unlock his qualities then he would be one of England's most important players, but I'm not sure how you do that when it's likely that they are always going to use Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho and perhaps CHO ahead of him in forward positions.

• @Snrub i was saying that there are beter value players around him in terms of index value. Alli will struggle to outscore a few spurs players when playing 90mins let alone on treble match days, doesn't score that often n no media value so why would you buy him.?

@Snrub i was saying that there are beter value players around him in terms of index value. Alli will struggle to outscore a few spurs players when playing 90mins let alone on treble match days, doesn't score that often n no media value so why would you buy him.?

He does have some media value. It’s gone off the boil recently, but a few years ago he was regularly in contention for MB. I even remember him winning for hosting a Christmas party back in 2016. This is when Ibrahimovic, Rooney and Diego Costa were all in the PL so it wasn’t easy to win!!

Alli was one of my first holds; I sold up ages ago after he flatlined for about a year, but would definitely consider getting back on if he can rediscover his form for club and country.

• @playingcards1 yeah agree but it a big IF!