Twitter

• Anyone else notice that the #footballindex hashtag on Twitter is becoming increasingly toxic and poisonous. I believe new users use Twitter to look into the platform and the negativity on there now can only be detrimental to the platform. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Yes. Only got twitter during the transfer window this year. Seems to be full of embarrassing bitchy big I ams.

Surprised FI haven't reported/got rid of some of the stuff that gets linked to #FIcommunity and #FootballIndex

Lots of show boating and calling each other names.

But there are still some decent people with chats on data, stats, success and failures etc, not all bad.

• On this who are the best twitter fi accounts to follow. As you say a lot of the content on twitter is not helpful and it just gets tedious trying to find decent accounts.

• Must admit some people on twitter really bug me. Like those who post thinks like "Portfolio has finally hit £100k #milestone" or "Only joined FI 6 months ago and already made £10k".

It's like, alright lads put your dick away will you.

There is success and then there is just plain bragging. I understand it's good for new users to see success stories but what % of users of FI can ever hope to have a 100k portfolio? Hardly relatable is it?

• You don't need to follow any footballindex accounts.

Just follow all the journalist and reporters from all over the world.

Statsbomb, who scored, all the football clubs, stuff like that.

• @BradleyD said in Twitter:

Must admit some people on twitter really bug me. Like those who post thinks like "Portfolio has finally hit £100k #milestone" or "Only joined FI 6 months ago and already made £10k".

There is success and then there is just plain bragging. I understand it's good for new users to see success stories but what % of users of FI can ever hope to have a 100k portfolio? Hardly relatable is it?

Numbers are nothing without percentages. Someone making £10k off £200k investment is far less skilled than someone making £100 off a £100 investment in the same period. So I generally ignore those who wave their numbers around without context.

I certainly never tell people how much cash I've made, just %.

• Yeah I think that's what got me worrying about my port because after selling my initial "good winning players" I was left with a port that made very little money day to day and I just wondered how people were making serious money and bragging about it.

I think it takes away the fact of how much fun fi is. Trying to predict who will do well and what transfers will do to someone's price surely people love rather than I just made loads of cash?

• Left Facebook, Instagram and other social media bout a year ago ( was never on Twitter ).
    I’m 36 and to be fair it was a struggle at first when friends and family would be talking bout this that and the other on social.
    But once I found FI bout 10/11 months ago it hasn’t really bothered me at all, except trying to keep up to date with the local leagues results and banter.
    So basically FI and the FI forum is my new social media.
    Thanks everyone onwards and upwards ✌🏻

• i'm a minimal twitter user and other than to look at FI's latest news (as they seem to use that as their only tool to announce stuff) i completely 100% ignore EVERY cock showing user that affiliates themselves to the index as it is a minefield of pumping and marketing and FAKE NEWS which has no impact on how i do business in trading!!!!

I get that some may see this as a useful platform to find out who's hot and not and for researching players but this forum has far better more knowledgeable and less showy users on it then twitter ever will have for me.

So my advice to both you and Paul Pogba is simply... ignore the trolls and take twitter with a pinch of salt!!!

• @kristiang85 said in Twitter:

@BradleyD said in Twitter:

Must admit some people on twitter really bug me. Like those who post thinks like "Portfolio has finally hit £100k #milestone" or "Only joined FI 6 months ago and already made £10k".

Numbers are nothing without percentages. Someone making £10k off £200k investment is far less skilled than someone making £100 off a £100 investment in the same period. So I generally ignore those who wave their numbers around without context.

I certainly never tell people how much cash I've made, just %.

Spot on! I find myself saying this to people on Twitter on a weekly basis.

• A reason to consider doing twitter just for FI is the competitions they run. Think I've just won a predict the time of first goal comp. 2 tkts to a Fulham home game (prizes vary).
    They run quite a few extra comps on there.
    Guess the more followers they get and the more trending etc the better for everyone.

• I am fast getting close to removing fi from my twitter. Seems there is a big split into two groups and they are very hostile to each other.
    Sad wankers.
    Disgraceful behaviour.

• I don't use twitter - but its sounding more appealing now - instead of just arguing with Dan on here i'd have hundreds of people to argue with haha.

I like forums because its a conversation/debate and essentially the same interaction you would have at the pub, but online because circumstance dictates.

But I find twitter and other 'social networks' (I guess forums are, but you know what I mean) just aren't natural at all.

• I've never understood Twitter. No idea what hashtags are. I just followed many FI folk on there and chip in every now and again to their contribution. My exposure to Twitter is self filtered. Hashtags sound very unfiltered and there's nothing worse than unfiltered internet. It turns out some folk love horses more than I thought possible. It was that day I filtered my internet exposure.

• @Vespasian32 lol.
    It's getting bad over there now, they are even setting up fake accounts to troll each other with and send abuse.

• Like this. 0_1566481597796_Screenshot_20190822-084422.png

• Or this...
    0_1566481687586_Screenshot_20190822-084739.png

• @MrWh1te yeh I've been watching that one, crazy. Big I ams.

• @Westy what is worst is people like the don, who are seen as legitimate, are working with these guys. It's a big problem imo.

• This Yavi bloke sounds like a lovely chap. I should invite him over for a cup of tea.