Ronaldo

• Hints at retirement next year...
    theres two aspects here... Do we think he would actually retire next season? (I haven't had time to read the story)
    Could he conceivably earn more than £2.91 this year in divs?

He will earn a tonne of mb as constant talks about his final this and that and every player commenting about it. As well as his usual pb returns.

Tempting, especially if his value drops based on the news.

• Not a chance does he retire at the end of this season. He has stated in the same article that he could play on til he is 40. I'm a Ronaldo holder and I think he has another 3 years in him easily.

• His ego is to big to retire!

However, at 35 your one injury away from retirement.

• If, and it's a very big if, Juve win the CL and Portugal win the Euros I cant think of a better way for him to go out.
    Of course he would rack up a ton of MB if this scenario, although his IS price would drop to almost zero I imagine.

• I hold 500. The constant MB will be very welcome!! Haven't read the article, just the headlines, already sounds like spend more money or I'm off/retire, again good for MB.

I think he will aim for World Cup 2022. Traders are getting worried of his age though, seen dips of 50p when knocked out of CL and again with the rape allegations, both occasions I topped up in and any story like this might affect his price.

I am happy to hold and will continue to hold and may reassess my position during the Euro's.

• All of my thoughts are shared throughout this post.

At £2.91 he will return a large percentage of that in dividends over the course of the season. I effectively see him as a free hold on that basis.
    The article could have focused just as much on him saying he will play for another 6 years. In which case he looks a very very cheap option considering what he will return in dividends.

I’m sure people will sell in which case I’ll be topping up and watching the MB roll.

I agree that he will be looking towards the World Cup given what he has said about records. He is also on 88 international goals so won’t be stopping until he has 100 in my opinion.

The winker is a beast 😉

• Even if he does retire he still has a whole season to rack up dividends so I doubt anyone would sell at the moment. To time the exit strategy is important. People will continue to closely follow him but he's a MB and PB beast. And at £2.91 he's bloody cheap for what he will return. Personally I don't think he will retire. Aduriz for bilbao who scored the winner against Barcelona the other day is 38 and I think he will compare himself to these players and think yeah still one of the best love the game in good shape why retire? But that's my own view of it.

• @C-Money My only concern is not that he will retire but that he will move to a non-pb league like the MLS

• I think he’ll be at Juve for 2 more seasons and then potentially go back to Portugal, I can’t see juve spending roughly 100 million on him to only get 2 years out of him

• @Squire1905 move to non pb for a couple of years would still be good cos he'd continue a couple more years mb :)

• @Vespasian32 enough to claw my money back after a massive price drop though?

• @Vespasian32 you large hold him mate ❓

• @Friedeggs 500 been thinking to double down, but im reasonably risk averse so... undecided!

• @Tom77 you say that but when has the man ever been injured for more than a game or two max during the full season in league?

• In the same interview he says he could play to 40 or 41, if he's anything like Zlatan he probably could.

He's going for that all time goal scoring record (in official games) of 805.
    I think he's needs just under 100 more.

• @Squire1905 said in Ronaldo:

@Vespasian32 enough to claw my money back after a massive price drop though?

someone will provide the stats.. but over a standard year he would provide over £1 divs... so im saying, even if it is his final year - that would not be standard... it would be exceptional in terms of MB plus Euros boosting his PB chances etc I think he could earn, in one season, £2+

Now if you think he goes to MLS in a year or two... that means we get 1 more year PB, 2-3 years more MB... in which case he could return £5 in divs alone... so would be a very good buy.

• @Vespasian32 ‘ballsy’...👍

• @Andy said in Ronaldo:

@Tom77 you say that but when has the man ever been injured for more than a game or two max during the full season in league?

I know mate he is a machine, doesn't stop the potential though.

When I mentioned to a good friend of mine who is minted and invest’s in stock ect ect first thing he mentioned was injuries to players and whats happens then, you cant beat age.

• @Vespasian32 Excellent logic!

• @Vespasian32 said in Ronaldo:

Now if you think he goes to MLS in a year or two... that means we get 1 more year PB, 2-3 years more MB... in which case he could return £5 in divs alone... so would be a very good buy.

I’d be sceptical about that. Both Ibrahimovic and Rooney have moved to the MLS and they’ve rarely registered scores that would have won them MB.

If Ronaldo only has one more season in a PB league, the dividend yield won’t even touch the sides of his declining price. £2.90 is still £8.70 in old money - and he IPOd at 25p. That’s a lot of money tied up and a long way to fall.

Personally I think he will be at Juve for much longer; but don’t hold based on his age and the likelihood of more frequent subbings off to rest him when Juve are cruising 3-0.