Angel gomes

• Had a big rise today,

I’m guessing people have thought mount/Maddison/foden. All well over £3

The market is speaking!

• Lingard and andreas aren't gonna be able to hold that position for long is my suspicion.

• @LuaLua said in Angel gomes:

Lingard and andreas aren't gonna be able to hold that position for long is my suspicion.

Plus those 2 just aren’t very good.

You look at mount/Maddison/foden, why wouldn't gomes reach that level at Utd, it’s a matter of time.

• It's cause Nicky Butt tipped him and Greenwood to break into the first team this season yesterday I think

• @ChazFI123 said in Angel gomes:

It's cause Nicky Butt tipped him and Greenwood to break into the first team this season yesterday I think

He tipped them ages ago.

Those 2 are THE ones though.

Anyway I have put it out there, the market is ramping up for him and others will follow👍

• I watched United recently and saw Greenwood & Gomes for the first time in the flesh... So when Greenwood came on, although having seen bit parts of him on TV i had huge expectancy based simply on this forum and his price on FI... big thick set lad for his age reminds me a bit of Connor Wickham but didn't really do anything special for me???

Angel Gomes however was a box of tricks, i knew less about him than Greenwood and went away more impressed after casting an eye over the two. Certainly very skilful and entertaining as a footballer to watch but i suppose the next phase of both players development is now down to attitude and aptitude??

• @dannypea was that the game in Cardiff? Gomes came on and literally brought the game to life, I would probably guess that Greenwood will have a bigger part to play this year as he will almost always make the match day squads. I think resigning Mata also hinders Gomes a bit as Mata will often take the 'cam' spot on the bench. Hoping Gomes will get a decent amount of minutes in the Europa and Cups though, there definitely is a special player in there I just think next year he might have a bigger part to play.

Not sure about the Wickham comparisons to Greenwood though haha, Greenwood is 5ft 11 and Wickham is 6ft 3!

• @ChazFI123 yeah, first time i've seen both in the flesh and Gomes was excellent!!! But i agree, Greenwood is the more developed (by this i mean thicker set bigger build to say he's only 17) of the two and as an out and out striker probably has less competition in front of him?

Be interesting to see how they develop though as no doubt Greenwood is the one that the majority of people are predicting will do well whilst Gomes has the attributes does he have the cutting edge to really be a United player??? I suppose only time will tell for both??

• @dannypea yeah I read somewhere one of the United coaches said Greenwood left for summer looking like a kid and came back looking like a man. I think the talent is 100% there with Gomes, I just think they need to be patient with him as he is a big less developed physically, I hope he doesn't get rushed into play just cause they don't have any other options

• Solskjaers comment Monday night summed it up when he asked about martial playing as number 9 and got asked who is the best finisher between martial and rashford.
    He said theyve both got work to do as Greenwood is the most natural finisher at the club. He clearly believes in him! Gomes is another season off in my opinion as ygeyve got so many options across the front now..

• @ChazFI123 maybe all that 'bulking' lost him half a yard of pace???? I did notice when Man Utd played Milan it felt the United players were all toned physical athletes whilst some of the Milan stars (Suso/Hakan in particular) just looked porky???

Back to the index values though... Gomes is 2.14 whilst Greenwood is 4.50 so perhaps less of a risk but i do think now is a vital time for holders and buyers as the next stage of their index development will be completely form dependent... If either gets in, does well and starts scoring goals they could rise another 100% plus easily... But if they get held back, fail to deliver and don't fulfil their promise you could be losing 100% on their current value???? this is the gamble with youngsters??? some times getting in early and splitting at the peak is best practice until we start to see consistent levels of performance that suggests they might be worth keeping at least??

• @dannypea I would personally say I think Gomes is better value over the three year period, but short term Greenwood only needs to score in a sub appearance and he'll break the index. Greenwood will probably have double the game time Gomes does this season too, but that's also reflected why he's double the price

• my only dilemma with Greenwood... are punters 'hoping' he scores and spikes and earns them money rather than reliably expecting???

ie for £4.50 you have a player who you think and hope to go on to bigger and better things and could double in value 'if' it all goes right... or for a similar price you have someone like Joao Felix who 'IS' delivering for his new side and hotly tipped as one of 'the' best in his position in the world already????

I know which i would go with as an investor, but as a punter i get why Greenwood is so attractive to many!!!

• @Dan-w said in Angel gomes:

Solskjaers comment Monday night summed it up when he asked about martial playing as number 9 and got asked who is the best finisher between martial and rashford.
    He said theyve both got work to do as Greenwood is the most natural finisher at the club. He clearly believes in him! Gomes is another season off in my opinion as ygeyve got so many options across the front now..

Utd don't have any 10’s. (Mata is a mascot).
    Imo its a really really big chance this season to make a spot his own before Utd buy a 10.

Greenwood is an understudy to rash or martial doesn't have any baring on gomes.

• @Tom77 a mascot who keeps taking his place in the match day squad..