Erik Lamela

• As I type this, he is 68p.

I can only see him rising before the weekend after a goal and an assist last week and I think he is good shout for IPD. He has started both games so far and him and Eriksen alternate from corners. Newcastle are there for the taking after a poor start and there could be a few goals in the game.

I am currently in for 500.

• @ScoutScout will he start once Alli/Son are back and Lo Celso and Eriksen's future is potentially sorted? Also read a Spurs fan say that Lamela is the same every season, looks promising in pre season and at the start and then tails off. Think Lamela looks a smart player on his day but just is too inconsistent for my liking

• Personally I don't Lamela will start once Son, Alli are back and Lo Celso starts (Spurs aren't going to pay that much to sit on the bench). I'd get out but this is just my opinion.

• Agree with the rest of the posts on here. Once Son, All and Lo Celso are back in the squad, no chance Lamela starts ahead of any of those 3. Good squad player, but not starting XI material imo, just not good enough. Son should be one of the first names on the team sheet if you ask me, yet he still regularly finds himself coming off the bench

• @ScoutScout

Lo celso will smash it as soon as he gets his forst start.. .pocchetino playing it smart.. so less pressure on him.. .

• @ChazFI123 Lamela will start on Sunday, I am pretty sure of that, moving forward it all depends on how he performs. Poch loves him and he is key to the way we press but when everyone is available there will be a lot of rotation.

@Zola25 Agreed.

This was simply a post for this weekends game on Sunday if I was not clear.

• Pochettino has shown he trusts Lamela in big games, but there is huge competition for places now in the attacking positions at Spurs - particularly if Eriksen stays. He is also injury prone. However, if he can manage to start 25-30 games in a season he is arguably worth more than his current price.

He is capable of goals and assists, completes dribbles and makes key passes. He can open teams up with his directness, but that can also lead to conceding possession more often than other players.

One thing that frustrates me most about Lamela is his tendency to carry the ball into contact/challenges with defenders, and hold it for too long, in the hope of winning free kicks - he often does this when he could offload the ball earlier and recycle/retain possession. More often than not he fails to win the free kick and concedes possession.

On balance though i would say he's a decent punt at his current price. If he does string together a few appearances and bags another couple of goals or assists in upcoming games, his price would definitely head up quite sharply. It might however, be about timing when to jump off as i'm not sure i see him being a mainstay in the team for the whole season.

• Fresh legs as well as he won't be playing for Argentina, can see him getting alot of minutes over next couple of months.

• let's face it at 0.68 he's not much of a gamble for a 'top club' Premier League fringe player that averages 20 EPL games a season...

the gamble is taking 500 over 300.. when it comes to selling you will have to do so in more than one sitting perhaps???

I do think short term gains could be lost in holding longer term with the expected players to return or start ahead of Lamela eventually but he has an eye for goal and that could propel him up in price and even if we're talking a 50/60p rises that's an 80% surge in profit and he most definitely won't lose anything near that in the next year or more so i would say pretty low risk!!!!

• @dannypea said in Erik Lamela:

'top club' Premier League fringe player that averages 20 EPL games a season...
    the gamble is taking 500 over 300.. when it comes to selling you will have to do so in more than one sitting perhaps???
    I do think short term gains could be lost in holding longer term with the expected players to return or start ahead of Lamela eventually but he has an eye for goal and that could propel him up in price and even if we're talking a 50/60p rises that's an 80% surge in profit and he most definitely won't lose anything near that in the next year or more so i would say pretty low risk!!!!

I think the strategy with Lamela is to buy a moderate amount, and wait for a big spike when he has a stonking game. I personally don't go down that route, but indeed at that price I don't see too much risk. With all the European games, I think there will be a lot of rotation and provided he's fit, he will play a lot.

• @ScoutScout 68p is a safe hold as he will peak again at some point this season, however many will quite rightly say there are quicker and easier ways to make your money on here.
    I’m a spurs fan so know about his highs and lows for us. His track record is strange but the last long injury he came back from was his best season by far. He has a great mentality and hunger to win and be successful for spurs and Argentina. Poch is happy with him and trusts him when fit mainly due to his work rate but he just needs to bag more goals and assists to take that step up.
    With regards to Son then others including lamela suit Kane better than Son so Son has and always will share specific games to start or start when Kane is injured.
    Alli struggled last season and if he doesn’t start performing he will find it hard to cement a space this season.
    All of that said and after a good 6 months on here I sold lamela for a good profit and went in quite hard on alli and son gearing up for the weekend a week or so ago. FI for now will get your more profit with alli and son at least until newcastle and then assess again leading up to the arsenal game!

• @Shnurgan think you're the first spurs fan I've seen who has said 'if' Alli refinds form, not when. Good on you!

• Every single pre season and start of season, lamela gives the impression he is finally going to perform. Every single season he lets down! 6 years of this repetitive pattern and don’t see him getting a place on the bench when alli, lo Celso, son, Lucas, eriksen and possibly Sessegnon around. The only thing in his favour is poch adores his fellow Argentinian. Lots of spurs fans love him for “trying” but this spurs fan. Does. Not. 🤣