Opta player positions

• I joined the forum the day that Opta reclassified Kimmich and Eden Hazards player positions and this caused both players prices to plummet. I was baffled to see both players price falling and after looking everywhere else joined the forum to find out the reason why. Bought Hazard that day and since bought into Kimmich.

My question now is, how often does this happen with players positions being re-classified? IIRC it is out of FI's hands, but will they give advance notice the next time it happens?

I still hold Eden Hazard and Kimmich, along with Marquinhos, Halstenberg and it may affect Thorgan Hazard too. All their prices may be affected in future by positional adjustments.

Thanks in advance.

• @Martyn-B I don't think it happens very often tbh and as far as I'm aware Kimmich and Hazard have now returned to their old positions. I think FI released a statement addressing this didn't they? It was something to do with international position changes but I think they didn't realise the impact it would have on the market so I doubt we'll see those type of changes again without warning

• @TraderJ said in Opta player positions:

@Martyn-B I don't think it happens very often tbh and as far as I'm aware Kimmich and Hazard have now returned to their old positions. I think FI released a statement addressing this didn't they? It was something to do with international position changes but I think they didn't realise the impact it would have on the market so I doubt we'll see those type of changes again without warning

It was to do with international positions over the summer and both have reverted back to their former positions. I remember the statement, but not much of the content. I was curious about how often Opta make these changes, maybe once a season, and would FI give notice next time.

The market over reacted massively last time. If it did happen again I wouldn't be selling, more likely topping up. If FI gave notice might prevent the mass sell off. Or might have the opposite effect, mass sell off predicting a drop, then canny traders buying back in to own more shares, at a lower price and resetting the 3 year clock and 30 day IPD clock on their holds.

• I don’t think FI had the chance to send out warnings as it is done by OPTA

• Do we know what the plans are for Hakimi yet? Defender or mid

• @NewUser600411
    No idea, I guess we’ll find out when Inter submit their squad for the new season? 🤞🤞

• @Martyn-B said in Opta player positions:

I joined the forum the day that Opta reclassified Kimmich and Eden Hazards player positions and this caused both players prices to plummet. I was baffled to see both players price falling and after looking everywhere else joined the forum to find out the reason why. Bought Hazard that day and since bought into Kimmich.

My question now is, how often does this happen with players positions being re-classified? IIRC it is out of FI's hands, but will they give advance notice the next time it happens?

I still hold Eden Hazard and Kimmich, along with Marquinhos, Halstenberg and it may affect Thorgan Hazard too. All their prices may be affected in future by positional adjustments.

Thanks in advance.

I can't remember when it was said but it was in a recent bit of literature from FI that the changes were once per year. I'm 99.9% sure of this.

Here's hoping Cuadrado is reclassified as a RB and that Messi takes the RW position at Juve ;-)

• @Dan-The-Man Thanks for answering my year old question Dan!! I still think it is out of their hands and classification changes are surprises sprung by Opta, often just short term for Internationals.

Would be great if Cuadrado was reclassified, although he has done us both very well despite being a midfielder. I don't really care where Messi goes (well obviously not China or America's) except I don't want him joining up with Ronaldo, MB would be great on Media days but on matchdays only 1 MB spot (unless that changes later today 🤔) and they would damage each other PB yields.

• @Martyn-B said in Opta player positions:

@Dan-The-Man Thanks for answering my year old question Dan!!

Oh my! Ha. I mean, CLEARLY, I had to wait all year to ensure the accuracy of my answer.

Would be great if Cuadrado was reclassified, although he has done us both very well despite being a midfielder. I don't really care where Messi goes (well obviously not China or America's) except I don't want him joining up with Ronaldo, MB would be great on Media days but on matchdays only 1 MB spot (unless that changes later today 🤔) and they would damage each other PB yields.

I think Cuadrado's win rate at Juve would rise with Messi and Ronnie in the team. Opposing clubs would need 8 defenders and with the extra clean sheet/win points we could enjoy some nice divs.

As much as I want it to happen though.... it's the thing of dreams really, Messi and Ronnie in the same team. Could end up more Gerrard/Lampard, than SAS