The English Ronaldo (52p)

• Nice to see Ronaldo Vieira (52p) starting for Sampdoria tonight. First of many hopefully, this can be a breakout season for him. Seems to be playing as a box-to-box midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder. Got an assist in the Coppa Italia, hopefully he can get some in Serie A with regular game-time. Wonder how long it’d take for further England recognition for the lad- a shout within the 3 year time frame. 21 years old. Linked with AC Milan previously.

• I have held him previously. Ditched him over the summer as I didn't expect him to leave Sampdoria but they played him more and more towards the end of last season so I always planned to get back on him for this season as I expect him to be a regular.

As you say, started yesterday. Rough game for Sampdoria but I think this lad will play quite alot this season and the thing with young English players that do well abroad...the media always love to link them with a move back to England.

• @Sutt98 said in The English Ronaldo (52p):

Ronaldo Vieira

Looks like Marcelo Bielsa wants him back if Leeds make the Premiership.

"I agree with Marcelo who said to me 'Ronaldo is a good player not ready to be in the (starting) line-up'. He needs to grow technically. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the Premier League, and I told him I hope to buy him back in a couple of years when and if we are there."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45071101 good read for those interested!

• @BradleyD yeah he played the full 90 minutes so although a disapointing result shows that he wasn’t the problem for them. You’d think with a strong individual performances the Prem/bigger club links will come (as the AC Milan links prove).

Also a player playing well in Serie A should surely be under international consideration soon? I guess we’ll see in time.

• @betting2win class, great article thanks, hopefully Leeds don’t bottle it this year then!

• @Sutt98 said in The English Ronaldo (52p):

@BradleyD yeah he played the full 90 minutes so although a disapointing result shows that he wasn’t the problem for them. You’d think with a strong individual performances the Prem/bigger club links will come (as the AC Milan links prove).

Also a player playing well in Serie A should surely be under international consideration soon? I guess we’ll see in time.

Can see him playing for u21s but he would have to really make waves in Italy to make the senior squad. Don't get me wrong I think England are piss poor in centre midfield but Southgate would probably rather pick someone like Winks who plays 20 games a season than someone who plays 38 for Sampdoria.

• I hold and there is no chance he’s in the England squad in the next year 100%. Could be a good player but any talk of playing for England at the moment is nonsense. I’m just hoping he has a good solid year with lots of game time

• @BradleyD fairs

• "English Ronaldo 52p". Disgusting clickbait!

Holding mids don't have a huge ceiling, the highest is Rice just because of his explosion onto the scene. Held RV for a while, if he comes back he'll spike but I don't see any rocketing