Can anyone explain why Abraham is £2 cheaper than Greenwood?

• In my opinion, Abraham is playing for a better team (btw I’m a Spurs fan so not being biased). His position could be secured if he has a few more good games and he also has the potential to break into the England squad soon. Greenwood hasn’t really done anything yet and he can’t even start for a very poor Man U. I just don’t get why Abraham is £2 cheaper. Is he seriously undervalued or Greenwood is too expensive?

• There are four years between them. One is a generational talent at the greatest MB team on the planet. The other is a carthorse.

• In short because Greenwood ticks more boxes. They are both young strikers at big clubs but greenwood is at the biggest media club and hasnt yet had his break out. Abraham had it last year in a none PB league. Yes he scored goals, but in real terms that only served to dilute the media when he now scores goals.

Greenwood will be guaranteed media for his first start, first goal, first good performance, Abraham's already had all that and it didnt make huge waves.

Rashford is Greenwood template, hes the highest divs earner under 26 years old, and although I wasnt on here, I gather he hosed up the MB during his breakout year. Greenwoods highly likely to do the same. Abraham isnt

• Banned

@TeamGB because some people actually believe greenwood is the next generational talent.

• Younger and Utd factors.

• Manchester United are the biggest club on the planet.

Because we have over 300m fans.

The index revolves around Manchester United & they are the golden goose for any index players.

If your a player & even sneeze around Old Trafford your likely to get a 20p rise.

Hope this helps..... 👍

• @MickTurbo When you say he didn’t make great waves, well his price is now on the rise much quicker than Greenwood’s. I can only see the gap closing if Greenwood doesn’t actually do something worthwhile soon. Btw I’m up 130% on Abraham so I do see that FI users must see something in him.

• Yeh Abraham's a decent bet. But it's about perceived dividend potential. That's why grealish is more expensive that eriksen. Not because hes a better player or because hes achieved more in his career, but because hes a bell end and bell ends make head lines and head lines make dividends. Same reason wilshere got a good rise when FI said MB would open up to the whole market

• At the moment: hype

If Sanchez can be offloaded this window, and with Lukaku already gone, Greenwood may be called on more often.

In terms of MB I think Greenwood will always be overshadowed by Pogba.

• Sex Appeal

• Tammy Abraham 10 u18 goals.
    Mason Greenwood 31 u18 goals.

I can only think the U18 premier League maybe going PB? It's the only thing that makes sense.

• @CBN said in Can anyone explain why Abraham is £2 cheaper than Greenwood?:

There are four years between them. One is a generational talent at the greatest MB team on the planet. The other is a carthorse.

Hmmm, I agree he’s gifted and has promise, but “Generational talent” may be a little bit of exaggeration. 😏 You saying he’s the next Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi ?

• @Dalien-Smith theres always a chance that one had a more competitive u18’s league or had a better team around him. I dont focus on unders at club level if you want a better idea i feel its better to look at their junior achievements for the national team. Tammy’s is impressive but its hard to compare as mason is still in the process of earning his

• @Black-wolf Personally I don't think there is any level of junior football record that could justify Masons price but with Mason that's for the most part your only measure.

• @Dalien-Smith i hold Tammy because i was impressed with him in the championship. I dont hold greenwood anymore because as far as i can tell its all hype which ive cashed in on but he’s currently the 3rd highest priced Man Utd player. If he was as good as all the hype suggests should he not at the very least be in the starting line up once in a while through squad rotation.

Maybe he’ll live up to the hype but im going to wait and see before i get involved again

• @Ericali said in Can anyone explain why Abraham is £2 cheaper than Greenwood?:

Manchester United are the biggest club on the planet.

The index revolves around Manchester United & they are the golden goose for any index players.

If your a player & even sneeze around Old Trafford your likely to get a 20p rise.

Hope this helps..... 👍

1. Real Madrid
    2. Barcelona
    3. Man Utd

I think this is the reality.

• Banned

@Ericali yup. United are officially the new Liverpool where their fans are concerned. Harping on about the old days and how big a club they are, whilst being mediocre on the pitch with little chance of catching the five teams above them.

• @Londoner said in Can anyone explain why Abraham is £2 cheaper than Greenwood?:

@Ericali said in Can anyone explain why Abraham is £2 cheaper than Greenwood?:

Manchester United are the biggest club on the planet.

Hope this helps..... 👍

1. Real Madrid
    2. Barcelona
    3. Man Utd

I think this is the reality.

Hazard at Real Madrid £4.20
    Messi at Barcelona £5.14

A youth player at Manchester United who hasn't even got a senior level goal £4.48.

This is the reality.....

Hazard at Manchester United - £8
    Messi at Manchester United - £10

• We kind of know how Tammy's career is going to go. Good Prem player, England caps but never world class.

Greenwood is just starting out and he's almost a blank canvas, it's the unknown. No one has actually seen him play properly yet and he hasn't grown up yet so there's a "could he be England's answer to Messi?".

We know Abraham isn't a wonderkid anymore. Greenwood hasn't disappointed or let anyone down yet so there is no reason for anyone to think he wont live up to the hype.

Also... Man Utd.

• @TeamGB

The delusion of Man Utd fans can never be overlooked.

Not a year goes by where I'm not told about the next Macheda or Januzaj.

But... at the weekend when asked "Who's the most natural finisher, Rashford or Martial", OGS replied "They're both way behind Greenwood".

So at 17... he's got a long time to grow in to his reputation.