Moussa Djenepo about to rise! Great cameo Vs Liverpool, wonder goal vs Brighton and live on sky vs Man U this weekend

• Southampton have a little gem in Moussa Djenepo , who has been given more minutes over the past 2 games and is being eased in after a busy summer playing for Mali. With his pace and dribbling abilities he caused major problems for the Liverpool defence when he came on and scored a wonder goal Vs Brighton. looks like the new matrix will suit him and we could have a new Mane on our hands. Southampton will be using him to start matches going forward and Southampton live on BT sport this Saturday, punters might drive his price up before kick off. I'm on him for the long term as I see his price as excellent value (£1.02) and should be matching the likes of Sarr of Watford (£1.32) within a few weeks. They play Sheffield UTD & Bournmounth in the next 3 games so a good run of fixtures.

Kanoute who brought him over from Mali to Europe said this of him..

“I think he is going to be an exciting player because that’s what he is,” continued the former two-time Europa League winner.

“He likes to take on people and he likes to be in one-v-one situations because he is very direct.

“His skills in one-v-one situations are really good. He can go past players easily which is his main skill

And his manager said this last weekend.

“Against Liverpool last ten minutes then he showed that he can be a guy that helps us especially when he has the ball because his one against one qualities is a big one.

For me, he has shown what he is all about in the two games he's played and worth a punt before his price rises very fast. Thanks for reading.

• Saints play Fulham tonight in EFL so might get a run out. Saints have a track record of talent spotting, no so much last couple of years, but nevertheless a long track record of good youth players Bale to VVD.
    I've gone it as worth a punt.

• @NewUser295998 You have convinced me.

Just seen his goal v Brighton and he scored 3 goals in 4 starts in the Europa league last season for Standard Liege. Also been playing international football for 18 months.

Could be a great tip this one, I don't often buy on the back of pumps but this could be a gem.

Thanks for the heads up:)

• I like your enthusiasm and reasoning, and it may well prove to be a savvy acquisition. However, personally, I'm going to wait and see. Southampton also have Nathan Redmond playing in a similarly attacking position. He's currently 20 p cheaper than Djenepo, is already established (in both the Saints team and the Prem) and has the benefit of being English.

• @NewUser295998

Good shout up 4p since you posted this. I took 200. As a Saint felt I had to support the lad. Let's hope he plays tonight and rewards our faith.

• I bought 300 at 80p back in June following a tip from someone on here. Don't know if it was you, but if it was thanks. Although as a Brighton fan who was at the Amex on Saturday, I'd have preferred it if he waited another week to start scoring.

• Thanks for the positive comments guys - I always try to give a balanced argument as to why i think a player is a good call. Hopefully, he can continue his form and be a solid investment to those backing him. GL

• @George I bought quite a few back then too, looks like he's gonna be a good player and should continue to grow

• I have bought into him too. Looks very promising

• He has started tonight in the cup game v Fulham, fingers crossed

• Out of the UTD game.

• He will certainly make headlines - he is hot-headed but has the ability to put on a show.

Having watched a lot of Jupiler games last season, he is not on the same level as Trossard or Wesley who both also secured moves to the PL.

If he goes on to make 8 assists + 8 goals or so, where would you expect that to take him to price-wise?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.