The only way the top 20 will ever break £10 barrier?

• With the index looking more and more recently as a ‘buy the cheaper players and flip ‘em’ prospect, I really do now feel the only way FI can incentivise people to buy the +£5 players is by increasing MB and PB payouts. Your thoughts guys and if this is likely to happen soon?

• Dec/Jan I reckon, if at all. Does need to happen but the internationals and then European club comps starting will hide it for a while. I hear it goes pretty flat around november... I joined in Jan cos of a try Jan promotion, so I anticipate more promotions at that time of year.

Forget neymar and pogba for a minute... So many players currently below £5 that have pretty much doubled/trebled since the split with no more likelihood of winning divs than pre split. The divs (if we are generous and not selective) went up 28%...so players like havertz are now way over valued for the current div system.

• @Vespasian32 Agree. I joined last October and until the new year it was all quite flat.
    This will probably repeat in the run up to Xmas so maybe they will announce a January dividend increase late this year to try and pick the market up.

• @Vespasian32 Just to add, with the very young players like Havertz, Sancho etc. they probably have multiple future dividend increases factored in.

• I've been topping up on my higher priced players in the top 20 as now the season has started and investors start to see the potential dividend returns from in play and media I would expect them to start moving.

When I joined in March this year there was a big gulf in price between the top players and the rest.

That has narrowed significantly so I would expect that the top players will start moving upwards as well now.

The stats on index gain are staggering if you compare the gains of the top 100 against the top 10 in the last 3-4 months so I would expect some upward movement for the top 10-20 anytime now.

• @Sol i think a change to how dividends are earned might be a fairer option so they wont have to keep increasing them. Maybe pay MB depending on the score and not the position, set a qualifying score of say 500 to earn a penny then payout at set increments. So dividends would be dependent on score rather than position

• How about a dividend on each position so on any given game day wheather there’s 1 game or 100 11 positions paid out. Or is that to much

• I Think pb and ipd on the euro qualification is going to keep the market busy around Oct/nov.
    The last few years all treble media which is fairly boring when no transfers are happening.
    I don't think it will be flat.

• @Carboney I wouldn't do 11 as the classifications get blurred with so many teams playing different formations. But, as I've suggested before, a good idea might be to pay 3 places in each position on treble days, 2 places on double game day and just one place on single game day.

• @Vespasian32 sounds like that could be an idea to be fair. They do need to do something I’ve not been on here that long but definitely something needs to happen with div increases or more of them otherwise your just chasing cap app

• @Carboney said in The only way the top 20 will ever break £10 barrier?:

@Vespasian32 sounds like that could be an idea to be fair. They do need to do something I’ve not been on here that long but definitely something needs to happen with div increases or more of them otherwise your just chasing cap app

Im really hoping a dividend increase / restructure happens but I just can't see it.

Just look at the commission FI are making right now as long-term trading (holding for divs and cap app) is suffering slightly, in favour of the "flipping" tactic which seems to be the current trend and is undoubtedly affecting the market.

I don't feel relaxed or confident in my portfolio at the moment. I truly hope dividends get more love soon!

• @ScouseSte I know we’ve already discussed it elsewhere and I agree there are crazy amounts of flipping going on right now, but I don’t think that tactic is sustainable and by the nature of it there are going to be a lot of losers on this. It’s these losers that add the gloss to these rises by chasing in at bad value and they will give up soon which will compress the rises and make the flipping craze much less advantageous.

• @Timothee-Atouba I hope you're right mate.

I feel like I've changed roles on FI :
    from a patient investor who sat back and enjoyed his sound purchases steadily rise...to a stressed-out day trader in the bear pit, addicted to the action and the recklessness that comes with it 😯

I'm only playing around with £350 of my £2800 portfolio (current value) but I'm already looking at a couple of other long-term holds and seeing them as "weak" now 😐

• @Timothee-Atouba said in The only way the top 20 will ever break £10 barrier?:

@ScouseSte I know we’ve already discussed it elsewhere and I agree there are crazy amounts of flipping going on right now, but I don’t think that tactic is sustainable and by the nature of it there are going to be a lot of losers on this. It’s these losers that add the gloss to these rises by chasing in at bad value and they will give up soon which will compress the rises and make the flipping craze much less advantageous.

Spot on! If everybody moved to short-term flipping it just becomes a fastest finger first race to the top and back down to the bottom. The platform needs long-term patient investors to hold up prices and differentiate good players from bad.
    At the moment everyone is seeing some big profit opportunities but in the short-game money is just changing hands - for every winner there is a loser in that game and it wont last.

• @janner73 Let’s hope that when the next dividend rise comes along its for pb and mb. The core of the product, otherwise if there’s a ipd rise the place would go crazy and I genuinely think I’d walk. I have had a particularly successful last couple of weeks thanks to four or five pb winners but I don’t like recent patterns one bit.

• @Timothee-Atouba They surely have to make sure they keep the best players in the world at the top of the index which means MB and PB. If you do more IPD then it just incentivises further to buy the cheapest possible goalscorers in the Farmers league.

• @ScouseSte same here I've sold up big percentages of some long term holds to play the flipping game. But there is absolutely no regular pattern. Asimoah won pb got ipd and still tanked before midnight. A lot of people happy to make small gains and move on, all well and good but you only need that one bad timing and bang your back to where you started. Just look at what happened with lukaku.

• @Jonah It's the old 'sell because everyone else is gonna sell and I want to get out first' - the Asamoah drop was silly for a player that will be in contention for PB on multiple occasions during the season. But one person sells to get out first, then someone else panics and follows and all of a sudden the collapse starts. Lukaku was slightly more understandable given the massive rise he had in the week before.

I do wonder how much the £1000 risk free offer is playing in to this though - I think FI need to come up with something different as a promo as it just encourages reckless gambling with nothing to lose.

• @Jonah said in The only way the top 20 will ever break £10 barrier?:

@ScouseSte same here I've sold up big percentages of some long term holds to play the flipping game. But there is absolutely no regular pattern. Asimoah won pb got ipd and still tanked before midnight. A lot of people happy to make small gains and move on, all well and good but you only need that one bad timing and bang your back to where you started. Just look at what happened with lukaku.

Yea mate, I know FI was never the most logical at times but lately it's downright ridiculous.

I'm going to post a new thread on my personal thoughts on where we are now and we we are headed

• @Vespasian32 said in The only way the top 20 will ever break £10 barrier?:

@Carboney I wouldn't do 11 as the classifications get blurred with so many teams playing different formations. But, as I've suggested before, a good idea might be to pay 3 places in each position on treble days, 2 places on double game day and just one place on single game day.

I had to explain this exact thing to a friend of mine who’s also an investor in FI. It is unclear to the new user and it makes perfect sense on a ‘single match day’ pay only the first place in all categories, ‘double match days’ pay the top 2 in each category and ‘treble match days’ pay the top 3 in each category. Would make for less confusion /more excitement and ultimately, more capital investment. Making the dividends less ambiguous and more transparent will only rocket prices 🚀🚀🚀

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.