Real Betis

• 0_1566986559487_Screenshot_20190828_110141_com.android.chrome.jpg

• @janner73 said in Real Betis:

@Timothee-Atouba It's just the latest little craze that'll die down in a few weeks - but it kills the platform for those short-term gamblers who just wanna buy on the day of the game for an interest as they end up paying massively over the odds, watch their player score and end up at a loss and they wont come back.
    Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Betis players go down with injuries on the weekend - and watch the mass IS :)

I feel like I'm missing your point a bit here? The whole reason i play football index is because I don't want to be a short term gambler? If you want a short term bet then surely Betfair is your platform?

• @NewUser731 My point is the platform needs all types. There will be those that log-in on a game day just to buy a player for an interest in the game and maybe some IPDs. Those users will get driven away when the player they chose drops after scoring because all the flippers are running off with profits.
    I'm not a short-term gambler but for FI to continue to grow we need those types of gamblers as well, they wont stay if it's lose-lose for them.

• @janner73 interesting point. And very much agree that FI needs all sorts. I would argue that it has always been the case that those who plan ahead will always do better than a short term punter. If you are just looking for interest in a game then a straight bet would be better for you I would have thought.

• @NewUser731 Completely agree that planning ahead is always the most profitable. It's just a lot more noticeable in the last few weeks how short-term the market is reacting and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

• @janner73 very much so. I've seen it from both sides. Sold out of Lukaku pre-game at his peak. Couldn't sell Depay in time and have watched him fall. I think the platform is trying to find its equilibrium.

• @NewUser731 Yeah lots of new users and the £1000 risk free promo as well.

• @Timothee-Atouba

Fortunately after stating that my only pre-season loss was down to the Spanish FA moving the goalposts on fixtures.....On Betis !!!

I reinvested after they once again moved the goalposts.
    I took another punt a few days ago....Bartra, Canales, Tello, Fekir and the Moron.
    I don't do twitter, I don't identify as a male birdy and I'm neither in the habit of preening or performing a dance for my potential mates. It simply doesn't sit right with me.
    Today however it seems I have reason to thank the tweeters.

A word of caution. When the Spanish announce fixtures, they are prone to changing them around.
    Added to which Borja Iglesias has a dodgy ankle, the risk that he's rushed back into action too soon, and subsequently out for a few weeks as a result, put me off.

• I do actually think this rise puts their players at more like the correct value. Tello, Borja Iglesias and Canales were all way too cheap before tbh.

• @BradleyD

This was due in large part to pre-season.
    Whilst most teams were getting some sort of attention and coverage, Betis played their pre-season in Mexico against their club sides, whilst there were high profile games in the US. After returning they played a couple of teams from the Segunda.

I couldn't get any details from these games and it was tough to guess as to how they would set-up and perform.
    I think we have the answers now.
    I'm not a big fan of the over rated Lo Celso.
    Fekir is a better player and will get the best out of those around him.

• Pedraza seems to have been missed out in the betis rush. He’s classed as a mid playing as full back which may not be ideal but with Fekir as forward no reason why he’s not in with a shout for mid PB, also he’s a decent player and young and 52p

• 52p vs Canales @ 96p playing in the no10 position vacated by Lo Celso.
    I'll stick.
    Pedraza was in my pre-season port until I saw where he was playing.
    Which encouraged me to top up on Bartra.

Still, a far better shout than Mandi, who's not going to return much sitting on the bench - some are lacking in their due diligence looking at these rises.

• @C-Arroyo
    Good to see you back!

• Good point but Canales has shot up already and Pedraza hasn’t, so I’m anticipating the market rather than picking nailed-on PB winners.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.