Robben

• The worst buy ever at this stage?

• @NewUser303261 He has an IS price of 0 and therefore it's a straight out gamble that he comes out of retirement so I would say yes worst buy ever.

• Things like this really concern me and make me wonder about the long term future of the Index.

Yes, we know that pump and dump occurs regularly on some low value players, but a simple google search reveals that Robben has not said that he's coming out of retirement and joining a PB league club, he's only said that he might consider coming out of retirement if he gets bored. Basically the probability of him getting bored, coming out of a retirement, signing for a PB club and ever delivering any PB or IPD is extremely low - perhaps less than 0.01%.

Some may argue that if you can make money via capital appreciation, then who cares. But the Index with no dividend potential is essentially a ponzi scheme and a bubble waiting to burst!

Oh and his IS is 0p too!

• I can think of players who are worse buys lol

• @ocs123 said in Robben:

Things like this really concern me and make me wonder about the long term future of the Index.

Yes, we know that pump and dump occurs regularly on some low value players, but a simple google search reveals that Robben has not said that he's coming out of retirement and joining a PB league club, he's only said that he might consider coming out of retirement if he gets bored. Basically the probability of him getting bored, coming out of a retirement, signing for a PB club and ever delivering any PB or IPD is extremely low - perhaps less than 0.01%.

Some may argue that if you can make money via capital appreciation, then who cares. But the Index with no dividend potential is essentially a ponzi scheme and a bubble waiting to burst, which is not something I want to be involved in.

Oh and his IS is 0p too!

So what you are saying is invest now before it's too late!

alt text

• @MrWh1te like who? Any buys where the likely outcome is 100% loss?

• Plenty of news outlets reporting news on him playing again.
    People here sell up when decent players drop 12p. Plenty of players will drop over 12p this season and never recover the price with no chance of divs.

• Clear opportunism by those who have been left holding him from previous gambles, in an attempt to market sell him. Even if he plays again more than likely to be in a non PB league like Holland but even if he had a few PB eligible games it's far from certain that he will win anything at all, so leaves holders with the inevitable IS for ZERO return. Yes some players will drop 12p on poor performances or injury but it's highly unlikely to be to zero AKA 100% total loss, so not a relevant comparison between the 2 scenarios.

• @MrWh1te If you spend £100 on share's of a player that's worth £2, and you sell at a loss of 12p per share your loss is £6.00

Spend the same amount on Robben your likely loss is £100.

You'll be hard pressed to find players on the index that will lose you 100% of your investment.

• @NewUser303261 I'm not suggesting you buy him, my first post on here was a joke.

• @MrWh1te Haha, my bad, sarcasm doesn't always translate on the forum.

• @NewUser303261 hehe indeed it doesn't. I did put 'lol' on though

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.